Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-01-2019, 06:04 AM   #1

SUN #11169
TWECKER is an unknown quantity at this point
1996 Sunline Solaris

Just purchased T-1740.
Can’t find the battery.
Not sure what the switch by front door is for. One is for outside light, but not sure about the other.
Trying to figure out what to do for a microwave ?
Considering putting in a window a/c.
Very excited, but have a lot to figure out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78460420-47A1-47FB-9C7F-E2DE38B1EEBC.jpg (96.6 KB, 21 views)

Old 04-01-2019, 07:36 AM   #2

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome and congrats on your new to you Sunny! You have come to the right place for information. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site.

The second switch is more than likely for the fresh water pump. It is 12v so you will need the battery hooked up to see if it works. As for the battery, it usually goes just behind the propane tanks on the A-frame. Do you see any wire connections behind the propane tanks? If so, this is where the battery goes. If your Sunline did not come with a microwave - I have seen some put it on the dinette table and others modify a cabinet to house the microwave. Some of the more knowledgeable members will chime in soon.

Congrats again!

Old 04-04-2019, 10:27 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome! I saw your trailer on eBay a couple weeks ago, it looks very clean!

For your year, the second wall switch should be for an interior ceiling light. You probably just have that particular light switched off now- you need to leave it in the on position to use the wall switch. Chances are it's the light over the dinette, I would start there.

The switch for your water pump should be located on the stove hood, along with switches for the exhaust fan and hood light.

Like Tommie said, the battery should go right behind the propane tanks on the front. The brackets are actually designed for a plastic battery box and then the battery goes into that. For basic needs, a deep cycle group 24 battery is what you'll need, along with the correct size box for that. The box should come with a strap to hold it all down to those brackets. Honestly, I'm surprised the dealer didn't set you up with one, or at least suggest it.

I would advise against installing a window A/C. These windows aren't really designed to support one like in a house, and you can't travel with it. There's no good way to seal those to prevent water from entering the trailer, and if you were to install it in a side window, it would make the trailer over the legal width to tow without a permit. Your trailer should already be pre-wired for a rooftop A/C unit which replaces the center roof vent. This would be the safest and most weather-tight option.

As for adding a microwave, your floorplan is a tough one. My suggestion would be to buy a small microwave that can fit in the cabinet right below the stove. This should have enough depth to accommodate one, which I don't think the upper cabinet does. You probably don't have electrical in there, so you'll have to figure out how to run that.

I would also recommend investigating the potential water damage issues. It looks like I see some staining in the flooring by the entry door, and then someone prior added a piece of wood over the floor in the storage compartment. Usually those are signs of significant water damage, which you want to make sure are stopped if not repaired. I'd hate to see you invest a bunch of time and money adding A/C and a microwave if the floor isn't safe.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:32 AM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
A microwave requires a dedicated circuit. Even a 700 watt one will have to have a 20 amp circuit. Yeah it will work on a 15 amp circuit but it will not be code compliant. The same holds true for the AC the campers are wired for an AC unit at 20 amps they are direct wired (no outlet) inside of the 14X14 vent opening where the skylight is. I agree with sunline fan a wall mount AC would be at best a hack job the RV AC units are the only way to go. I have seen some newer small campers with wall mount AC's but A they are built for the task and I believe they are special units not the same as one might find a WalMart.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #5

SUN #379
2beagles
Nice looking camper! Congrats!

2017 F-150 Crew Cab
2003 2570
2beagles is offline   Reply With Quote