Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #1

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Your Perfect Trailer

What would it be? How would you describe it? What would be its:
- Ideal length
- Target weight/or your target tow vehicle size
- # of slides (or doesn't it totally matter)
- Materials used to construct it
- Exterior finishes/colors
- Interior fabric & wood choices types/colors
- Layout choices (what types of furniture are must haves)
- Bathroom location/style (what works best for location/size/layout?)
- Appliance choices/brand quality
- Quality
- MSRP range (compared to the rest out there now, or to Sunline)
- Any special package options (boondocking, value, four season, etc.)
- Anything else?

Thanks!

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:16 AM   #2

SUN #96
rebellious78
We believe our Sunline IS our best fit for us. We searched and researched a long time before choosing our 264-SR I am not just saying this because that is what we have. We truly love our Sunny. The layout is perfect for us. We like having the back bathroom for traveling, the big kitchen, and the bedroom layout with plenty of storage space. I wasn't to thrilled with the sapphire blue interior, but David really liked it...and it has grown on me to where I actually prefer it. We also like the fiberglass vs. the aluminum exterior. It is easy to wash and wax.
We have added a few things since 2006 like the fantastic fan in the bedroom, vent covers and a few basic items. We put on the Atwood power jack early this year... why we didn't do that before is beyond me!!!
The only thing we need to get added, is a generator. That is on our list.

We bought our first tow vehicle a few weeks before our Sunny. It was a 2006 F-350 5.4 and were happy with that set up. It got us where we wanted to go with no problems, but we really wanted more power. So we upgraded to an 2011 F-250 6.7 PSD and I am amazed of the difference! Never a problem with the steepest mountains we been on. I have done some steep downhill grades and there is such a difference between the two trucks.

David and I have talked about getting another camper... either a truck camper or a smaller TT like a Casita but as a second camper. I don't see us getting rid of the Sunny anytime soon.
So our setup will remain known as "SunStroke" for a while. LOL

~Mary Ann

David & Mary Ann
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7L Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco B1500LB
rebellious78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
What would it be? How would you describe it?
It would be a Sunline 2363 rigged for boondocking, with solar, and insulated windows. It would have a walk on roof, a bike rack on the back, and large holding tanks. The cargo capacity would be 3000#. It would be built like a tank so we could take it wherever we wanted at any time of year And ALL the windows would be able to be opened!
What would be its:
- Ideal length
We like NFS parks so 25 feet would be great.
GVWR 10,000 lbs. or less. Not too concerned about weight with the Sierra 2500 diesel we have.
Mr. Tweety isn't a fan of slides, but a mini slide might be nice. I get slide envy now and then and most people like a slide.
We kind of like wood because we're always screwing something into the wall, and rumor has it that it's more insulating than aluminum.
We like gel coat better than both aluminum and filon.
Light color maple or cherry, and cheerful modern fabrics. I hate microfiber which attracts fuzz and dog hair.
As long as there are lots of windows (with a big front and rear window) it doesn't matter if the bedroom is in the front or rear. We kind of prefer the rear because it's usually quieter. Bed must be walk around.
Living area should be front or rear not middle, with a sofa and a recliner. A place to eat is necessary of course, even if it's a flip table.
We prefer a mid kitchen with a pantry and counter space.
It needs to have 2 doors.
The middle of the trailer, side bath is nice because then you can put a wardrobe across from it. Walk through is OK. We both don't like a rear bathroom blocking the view out the rear.
Dometic / option of 8 cu. ft. fridge
- Quality
We like a very high quality.
We thought Sunline prices were fair.
boondocking, solar, 4 season, plywood roof, windows all can be opened, thermopane windows
- Anything else?
We would own a 2363 but the tanks are too small and the cargo capacity is too low. Sunline was the MASTER of the floorplan. You just don't see the clever use of space in today's trailers.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Aluminum frame, disk brakes, twin axle, composite floors/walls/roof (I hate dealing with rotted wood) stand up shower I can stand up in with a door no curtains central A/C and heat, built in 3,000 watt inverter generator and all of this for less then 10 grand!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
If not a modular design, then perhaps cabinets that are attached from the INSIDE? I understand why things are done the way they are, but why does everything have to be done the same way?

I like the idea of an aluminum frame, but that might lead to a lot more "Wiggle"?

One of my pet peeves... "Option ready!" I like the idea of being able to add/modify things, without having to practically destroy the trailer to do it. As an example.. I plan on adding a second A/C to our fifth wheel. It was not pre-wired for one. I'll have to fish the wire wherever available, or wait until the new roof goes on and run the wire then.

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #6

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess if the balance is right it really does not matter how heavy or light it is I like the ideal of a light strong unit. Yes conduit runs to the inside of compartments would be great low voltage along side of 120 volt stuff plastic of course no rust and light weight.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #7

SUN #308
hiller64
What would it be? How would you describe it? What would be its:
- Ideal length
24 to 26 foot

7,000 lbs

I am not a big fan of slides. They add weight and have been known to cause leak problems

Currently we have aluminum I think Fiberglass might be better.

White or grey

light stained oak or hickory Not too hung up on fabrics.

chair or maybe a rocker and a couch

I like the center bath room lay out

Barb wants a convection oven/ micro wave combo. I need a coffee pot

- Quality great

- Any special package options (boondocking, value, four season, etc.) 4 season package

I still think the 2499 is the best lay out for Barb, myself and of course the dog.Its funny but in a few weeks we will try and get to the PA RV show and I'll bench mark all the TT that I see against my 2499.
Formerly a 2006 Sunline 2499 towed by a 2001 Toyota Tundra
hiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
HappyCampers is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that we are on our second fiver, and I do love all of the storage space and living area that it offers, but......our 2001 Sunline T-295SR was the best coach that we have owned. I still kick myself for trading up to the F-304. We had 3 Sunlines (listed Below) and a 24' Winnebago MH, and a 31' Airstream Land Yacht, and a 1994 Coleman pop up trailer (never even slept in that). Still the T-295SR is the fav.

- Ideal length
31-34ft

If I like it enough. I'll make sure I have a big enough TV.

2 slides. One bedroom. One Living Room.

Aluminum frame. Saves weight and doesn't rot.

White/Off White

Choice of Cherry, Maple, and Oak. As for fabric,I'm not big on floral patterns, solids are nice. More than 3 choices would also be nice.

A big window is a must. The 295 had a big window in the kitchen by the dinette which was nice. I like the jack-knife sofa, and the bench style dinette. A walk around bed is a must. The shallow slide in the BR of the 295 was perfect. A proper place for a TV is a big thing for me. The TV area of the 295 was my only real complaint of the coach. A small cabinet with a top isn't a proper place for a TV. And having the swivel rocker right beside that was a mistake. Not that I do a lot of TV watching while I'm camping...but that area has to be comfortable.

The pass thru, mid coach bath was great. Lots of room, even with the big glass stand up shower.

Dometic....nuff said.

- Quality
Must be of Sunline quality that was the standard before the new ownership group. The Mercedes-Benz motto stands true. "The best, or nothing."

Sunlines prices may have been high on the scale of other travel trailers of the same size/options. However, you get what you pay for.
If you buy a Kia, you don't expect Mercedes build quality. If you bought a Zinger travel trailer, you should not expect Sunline quality. I'm not trying to be a wise guy. But, people who know what they want, and can afford what they want, buy what they want. With the price not always being the most important factor in their decision.

Extended season package would be nice.

- Anything else?
Anything worth doing, is worth doing right. If you make a quality product, people will notice. Thats why most of us on this forum have had multiple Sunlines. Lets just hope somebody is paying attention.

2003 F-304SR (Last Sunline "The Big One")
1985 T-1650 (Current Sunline)
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 HO Cummins
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote