Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-18-2021, 03:27 PM   #1

SUN #12621
Sunliner92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Year and model help

I’ve recently bought my first sunline but wasn’t given much information I don’t know the year or model and I additionally don’t know which panels are for what as in where to install tanks. Here are some pictures of the outside. The white panel on the side I assume is either heater or water heater?

Old 05-18-2021, 10:07 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunliner92 View Post
I’ve recently bought my first sunline but wasn’t given much information I don’t know the year or model and I additionally don’t know which panels are for what as in where to install tanks. Here are some pictures of the outside. The white panel on the side I assume is either heater or water heater?
I can try and help. If by chance you have the VIN number, it contains the model year to help to confirm what I and going to make an educated guess below. The VIN does not have the model though.

The orange outline strips (graphics) point to 1984 as the year.

The windows and the fridge location point to 3 different models (floor plans)

You cannot tell these differences from the outside as the window and locations are the same for the 3 models, just the rear inside of the camper is different.

T-2100 has 2 lounge (coaches) in the back of the camper, one on the left and one on the right side walls.

T-2101 has 1 lounge on the left rear side wall and a space for a swivel rocker on the right side wall area.

T-2102 has stacked bunks on the left rear side wall and a lounge on the right rear side wall.

You can confirm this by looking in the 1984 sales brochure in our FILES section. Match up the floor plan to the way the inside of the camper is made, and the windows and doors.

Camper siding color, striping colors and pattern, and the Sunline name decal help hone in on the year as Sunline tweaked these features across all 1980 model years. The 70's campers had white siding, the 80's had tan siding and the light gray starting in 1990 and then changed again to white as the 90's and into the 2,000's continued.

To get to the files section, you need to be logged into the forum. At the top of the forum are tabs, look for the word "FILES" click it.

Once into the files section, scroll down to the "Sunline Brochures" section. Go in there and scroll to the year and camper type for a sales brochure for the camper you are looking at and down load a copy. There is a lot of good info and specs on the camper in the brochures.

Keep in mind, a prior owner may have changed something on the inside along the way and the camper not match the brochure inside. But that should be obvious it is not original. Sunline also used to customize orders if an owner ordered one directly, so it could be a little different then the brochure, yet the same model.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:21 PM   #3

SUN #89
Quote:

additionally don’t know which panels are for what as in where to install tanks. Here are some pictures of the outside. The white panel on the side I assume is either heater or water heater?
In this pic, at the far left side of the pic (towards the camper front end)

Starting at the bottom, the silver vent looking cover under the white cover is the furnace intake and exhaust vent.

Just above the furnace vent is a white steel panel with a spring twist latch at the top center and a silver grate to the top left. That is the drop down outside cover panel for the water heater.

Just above the water heater cover, a white painted looking solid cover. That does not look original. On the roof is a vent that aligns with a RV fridge roof vent. The white panel which is solid may be made from wood painted by a prior owner. And I suspect they may have removed the RV fridge as the fridge needs a louvered vent panel in place of that solid white insert they have. The original fridge may still be in the camper, just it may not work, they left it in for storage or something, or put a dorm type electric fridge in. If the fridge is an RV gas absorption fridge and is operational, it needs a vent where the solid white panel is or there will be excess heat build up and create problems.

Not sure what you were referring to installing tanks. Need more info or pics of what you want to do with the tanks.

Hope this helps.

John

Old 05-18-2021, 11:22 PM   #4

SUN #12621
Sunliner92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks John! I do believe it is the 1984 T-2100. The fridge was removed as well was the toilet, And rear vanity drop down table also removed, everything else appears to be there to my knowledge. U sure if the oven is in working order yet or the heat and water.

How about the small hatch in the bottom picture near the rear side bottom (right bottom corner) it’s a small locked hatch. Additionally the large hatch on the rear right bottom corner of the rear of the vehicle what are those containing? I was also wondering what hookups go where as for example the water heater and the furnace. How do I hookup to get the water heater working. And I also wonder how to get the furnace functioning, switching it on from the thermostat starts an air flow but unsure if it needs propane hookups and where. Is this a furnace for heating the trailer? A lot of questions I know thank you so much for your help we want to remodel and get everything functioning again.

-Casey
Old 05-19-2021, 09:50 PM   #5

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats Casey! I agree that you appear to have a 1984 T-2100.

The hatch door you mention is just a storage compartment. Originally the rear couches on both sides would have had storage underneath, which required lifting the cushion and board to access. There may also be cabinet doors inside near the floor for access. The outside hatch door was simply another way to access that space, especially for things that you would need outside the trailer (water hose, sewer hose, awning poles, jack handle, etc).
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:15 PM   #6

SUN #89
Quote:

I was also wondering what hookups go where as for example the water heater and the furnace. How do I hookup to get the water heater working. And I also wonder how to get the furnace functioning, switching it on from the thermostat starts an air flow but unsure if it needs propane hookups and where. Is this a furnace for heating the trailer? A lot of questions I know thank you so much for your help we want to remodel and get everything functioning again.

-Casey
Hi Casey, Sunline Fan helps on the doors, now to the other questions.

Quote:
How do I hookup to get the water heater working.
First, you have to have the water heater filled with water. Did you make it that far? After filling it with water, then the LP gas burner once lit, heats the water, assuming you still have an all gas water heater. Do not know if someone upgraded it, or if it is even hooked to the water piping. If the heater is the original from 1984, hat is one long time for a water heater. But, one never knows, it may still work or was replaced along the way.

Please post pics of the outside of the heater with the white door folded down, and a model number which is outside in that compartment if the sticker is still readable.

Also inside the camper, see if you can take pics of the pipes connected to the back of the heater.

Quote:
And I also wonder how to get the furnace functioning, switching it on from the thermostat starts an air flow but unsure if it needs propane hookups and where. Is this a furnace for heating the trailer?
The furnace is for heating the camper living space. The blower runs on 12 volts DC and the heat comes from LP gas supplied by the LP tanks on the front of the camper.

Does your range stove top burners light? if so then there is LP hooked up to the camper, but no idea if the furnace is intact enough or working to allow it to light. The good news, you have a blower that is running. That is a good first step.

Here we need pics of the heater inside, and a model number to help better.

Hope this helps

John