Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #21

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
In Ohio we are blessed with many State Parks open all year round with electric hook up. There are a dozen or more real quick in the area with out looking to hard. Some have dump stations open, some even heated showers. All that are open have outdoor porata pottys and frost free water hydrants to get potable water from. (Health laws.)

All that are open are on reduced sites for the season so the park does not have to maintain.

Towing in the snow. Nope not for me, ever by choice. The one pic in the snow, well Friday night it was 60 degrees at 6:00PM. Come Saturday morning, it was 32 and snowed a little bit. By lunch time it was all gone. That is how fickle the weather can be here. I'm originally from upstate NY where in the month of January is could never get above freezing the entire month, but we know it and could deal with it and the sun was out all the time. Here we can have 70 one day and 32 the next and the days of full sun are limited. ...

Being is an entire state park with only 1 or 2 other campers or in some cases you are the only one, is different. Being a prior back packing and canoe camping nut and taking groups of teen age Boy Scouts out into the middle of no where in Canada's Quetico Provincial Park, White Otter Wilderness areas or northern New Mexico changes the way you look at being close to nature. These quite winter camps in the TT help remind me of those good times.

If you have not done this, try it. You can get hooked on it.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:57 AM   #22

SUN #128
Tweety
Can you tell me which parks those are? Our son is working in OH this summer and we may go visit 1 more time. He's living in Troy, which means we have to go allllll the way across the state. We stopped at BarkCamp the last time we traveled there and it was nice. I was however surprised by the lack of flush toilets. Is that how all your state parks are? They had showers and sinks, but no toilets!

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #23

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetse
Can you tell me which parks those are? Our son is working in OH this summer and we may go visit 1 more time. He's living in Troy, which means we have to go allllll the way across the state. We stopped at BarkCamp the last time we traveled there and it was nice. I was however surprised by the lack of flush toilets. Is that how all your state parks are? They had showers and sinks, but no toilets!
Pam

I am fairly up on most all Ohio State Parks. And pending which one you want to camp at I may even have pics of "The Camper" camping at one for you.

I looked up Troy, Ohio. I'm assuming you mean Troy, which is north of Dayton on I 75?

If so there is a very nice SP near by and actually 2 of the above pics where from there. The November one and the March one. A very nice park.

It is Lake Loramie State Park. http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/ Follow that link, then click on the Lake Loramie dot and read on.

Barkcamp, I have visited that park all the way on the east end of the state.... And yes a nice smaller park. But I too found it strange. They have showers but no flush potties'???? Why? The drains are all in and so is the water???

That is not typical of the Ohio Park system. The state is putting money back into the park system and each year we see new and upgraded things at all the parks we see.

We have a full range of services and parks. From Full Hook up, to ele only, to the whole park being non-electric.

Most all camping parks have a dump station even if they do not have electric. And all camping parks have a potable water source.

Let me know if you are camping over our way. Lake Loramie is 1 1 /2 hours from our house and we go often. Would be good to meet up with you, or any other Sunliners.

Gee, 2 Sunlines in the same Ohio Park, next to each other. WOW That would be cool and probably a first.

Let me know if you need more.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote