Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #1

SUN #254
Galaxiedriver
WHO AM I

I couldn't find a good off-topic place to put this so I put it here. I think it relates directly to towing, camping etc.

This was passed out at a safety meeting at the job site I worked on in New Mexico last year. I found it very profound and meaningful.

WHO AM I
I am more powerful than the combined armies of the world.
I have destroyed more than all wars of the nations.
I am more deadly than bullets or missiles, and I have wrecked more homes and jobs than the mightiest siege of cannons.
I steal billions every year.
I spare no one. I find my victims among the rich and poor, among the young and old, the strong and weak, the high level and low level workers. Widows and orphans know me well.
I rise to such proportions that I cast my shadow over every field of professional as well as non-professional, from the humblest laborer to the nuclear scientist.
I kill thousands each year.
I lurk unseen and do my best work silently.
I am relentless.
I am everywhere; on land, at sea, in the air, in the home, on the farm, on the factory job, on the streets and highways.
I breed sickness, degradation and death.
Yet few people make a real effort to avoid me or even take me seriously.
I destroy, crush, cripple and maim. I give nothing. I take all.

I am your worst enemy.

I AM CARELESSNESS

www.62ford.com/registry

Galaxiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #2

SUN #953
Ron & Alice
Good point, and I find this often happens when tiredness also steps in.

Ron & Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #3

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's very clever, I like it.

Sometimes it's not carelessness but lack of experience. I've always been amazed that our children made it to adulthood. When I think of all the near misses because of their lack of experience.

To this day I cringe when I see a young person riding their bike down the road recognizing that in an instant there can be a sad disaster. Yet when I was a child I thought nothing of riding in traffic.

One of our children fell through assumed frozen pond, yes surviving the near disaster. Certainly the experience is burned in.

Sometimes we're not careless, but have limited experience to know what to do. How does one carefully gain experience?

One of the best aspects of this site is the sharing of experience to help each of us maximize our fun and minimize our exposure. Certainly internet experience is not ideal but definitely a good starting point and actually get M&G get togethers a further opportunity. I suppose as well since most of us are in the Northeast, an opportunity to have first hand connections.

For example, as I spend part of the winter in Florida a fellow RVer has contacted me for information on his planned trip to Labrador.

This is a marvelous sharing site,
Honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #4

SUN #953
Ron & Alice
It truly is, Norm. I am constantly reading and re-reading everything I can on here, even tho' I don't understand half of it. Eventually, Ron & I will start to have some of it sink in a little. It is because of all you regulars that our starting out is so much easier.
Ron & Alice is offline   Reply With Quote