Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #21

SUN #2427
JTurner is an unknown quantity at this point
We were lucky - only lost power for about 45 minutes. Had some flooding of roads on our peninsula and were unable to get out of the neighborhood yesterday morning, but that went down when the tide did. Some of my friends and co-workers were not so lucky and are still out of power here in the Baltimore area. We were prepared, even bought a new generator because the old one burned up last year during hurricane Irene. Didn't get to use the new generator, but better safe than sorry.

JTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #22

SUN #67
264SRinPA
We were out of power for 4 days. Not even cell phone service for 3 days. But with the generator we had everything at home to live reasonably comfortable, including heat. We ran out of hot water on the 4th day (got to love that 80 gal water heater) and although we just winterized last weekend I would have used the Sunny for showering if the power continued to be out.

Sunlines= '06-2075, '06-264SR
264SRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #23

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a ham radio operator and I'm so great full I don't live in NY or NJ the stories I'm hearing from some of my ham friends are just unreal most are on generators or batteries and many may not see power for another 2 weeks. I did not catch where she was but one gal said an island in NJ had been closed and the residents were told to leave they turn off the gas lines and cut all power her MH had been destroyed in the storm. The LEO's are patrolling the island 24/7 with boats to keep looters out. Give me a blizzard any day! I don't even mind the occasional earth quake!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #24

SUN #559
janepete
Hi Mainah, We sure are lucky to live in a relatively safer place. Wondered what your ham experience has been on the road? I just renewed my license, KB1IBA, but am currently not on the air. Pete
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #25

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Pete I ham mobile pretty much ever time I go some where in the truck. I most often am on 40 meters because it's pretty reliable for 3 or 4 hundred miles. When the bands open up I'm up on 10 and the best I have done mobile was Asiatic Russia. I use a LiL Tarheel and a Icom 706mk2 and have a mount on the camper for the Tarheel also. Well you need to get active it's a lot of fun I go to exotic places like Canada a lot and it sure makes the miles go faster when you have some one to talk to. 73's Tim N3LYT