Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #321

SUN #6631
HAFH is an unknown quantity at this point
What I did today - - -

This is our first camper. Moe has been retired/working for 10 years now so - - - - I finally said "That's It! I'm getting a camper"! Our first vacation in 15 years was Sterling Creek Campgrounds and the Renassance Faire. It was great!

What did I do to my little 20 foot camper today - - - -I HUGGED IT! We're just getting "it" together with the camper and I think I have one of everything in it except what we'll need in a pinch, of course. Today we got the right impact drill and hitch thinggie delivered.

I can't wait to get away, meet some new people, play a little music, and have some fun with our two little girls! I hope little dogs are welcomed at the meet and greet. They are good dogs with a very interesting history.

Jackie

Old 05-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #322

SUN #7369
ernie176 is an unknown quantity at this point
What I did today...

Just found this site the other day.
Thanks all for perking my interest in a kind of forgotten source of fun.
My 1986 T 1450 has sat absolutely unused for about 8 years. It is inside a climate controlled shop but still...
After reading a thread about cleaning your Sunline I decided to try mine. I used some upholstery cleaner dry then rinsed with water. Wow! I now need to do the whole camper, register it and get some use out of it again. It has always been fun.
Hard to believe it is 29 years old.
The pic on the left at the top is before. The others show the area I cleaned. Even the decals look new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150528_145217.jpg (49.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20150528_145225.jpg (66.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20150528_145317.jpg (62.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20150528_145615.jpg (51.0 KB, 9 views)

Old 05-29-2015, 05:17 PM   #323

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Replaced the front outside light since old one was worthless. While playing around I replaced the door window trim on the front door. Maybe the back door tomorrow.

Last week I replaced the tires. They were about six years old and felt like hard rubber and I could for sure see cracks on one tire so felt better with all new rubber. Now can go anywhere feeling safe.

After the camper sitting for almost a year I was glad I had installed LED running lights. Every light worked as it should without any problems at all.
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #324

SUN #246
Janalee
Jim-Bev....glad to see you busy again on the 2363! I do miss mine...but my little class c has kept me busy and sure wanting to travel again!
'96 2553 & '95 1950 Sunlines
'95 and '98 Solaris 2653's
2002 Solaris T-2363
Janalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #325

SUN #1830
(((janalee))) Good to see you getting your camper like you want it. I miss our class C but it was so small for even two. Only 21 foot. Will you try Florida now that you are getting your C as you like it?
Old 06-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #326

SUN #1830
janalee, Good pics. I like your C. Looks comfy.

I spent today cutting tree limbs. We had six citrus trees that were killed by the citrus greening disease so I had to cut them all down. While I was in the mood I looked into the camper's parking spot. Limbs that were not so close started to crowd the camper so they are now cut back. Now I can get the new tarp installed to protect from the weather.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #327

SUN #1830
Cleaned the refrigerator today. Used the air hose to clean outside coils, used vac to clean outside. A clean refrigerator, front, inside, rear, make for cooler drinks.

I had installed two computer fans at the base of the cooling coil. After using them I have decided they are not worth the effort. I have a fan at the top of the refrigerator exhaust stack and don't run it since it is so noisy. The computer fans are quiet but the air moved doesn't make a difference in cooling. I have found that propping the louvered outside door open a few inches does as well as fans. I prop the door open for more air flow and extend the awning for cooler air intake. That seems to do as well as anything else and doesn't cost a dime.

I keep three things inside the outside refrigerator door. A wrench to bleed the LP line for quicker starting. A wire clip from a old charcoal grille to holding a match incase the igniter quits. A 5" piece of water hose to prop the door open on extra hot days.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:27 AM   #328

SUN #6403
SteveH is an unknown quantity at this point
Slept in it in the driveway because the kids were having friends over for a sleepover and the house was shaking.

TT: 1983 T-1750
TV: 2002 F150 SuperCrew 5.4L 2WD
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #329

SUN #6436
Tourist is an unknown quantity at this point
Electronic Stuff and Cabinet Mod

Latest mods to our 2003 T2475 Solaris Lite:
- removed original TV (with VHS tape player), mounted flat screen to wall behind dinette
- wrapped black vinyl cord wrap to tidy up the power and antenna cords
- secured loose cables in container in the old tv cabinet
- ordered custom cabinet door to match existing upper cabinet doors. Will have to stain to match, but that's not a problem. Also bought the cabinet support struts. Will use a handle from a bedroom drawer so all handles match in the living area. Now to find a replacement handle for the drawer.
- Installed Winegard signal booster to tv antenna
Old 06-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #330

SUN #1830
After seeing a post where someone banged their head on a open window I double checked my window safety devices. I hang strings of beads from paperclips that insert into small holes I drilled into the corner of windows.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #331

SUN #7437
Mike13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finished installing my new water heater and bypass kit!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #332

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
New decal

Found a Sunline decal on eBay in the early 2000's colors and decided to buy it. As we are both "decal-challenged," we had a local sign company apply it so as not to waste $42.00 + shipping. While it is a little smaller than the original (by about 1" overall), we are very pleased with the decal and the company that applied it did an excellent job. Happy to have the rockguard looking like it should!

As of last night there were still three decals of this size.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SunLine-...96d6e1&vxp=mtr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03092.jpg (59.4 KB, 2 views)

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:57 AM   #333

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Good find Matthew & Lisa......looks good!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #334

SUN #6436
Tourist is an unknown quantity at this point
A few months back EMD_Driver graciously sent me a sheet of decals. I used the large one for the stone guard of our Solaris Lite T-2475. There are a few more, and will gladly share the remaining decals for the cost of shipping.

Sizes vary, four are about 6", but there is one about 10" and one about 7-1/2". Please send a PM if you need those sizes.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #335

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Replaced the factory-original Shurflo 2008 water pump with a new Shurflo Revolution 4008 pump. The original worked fine in terms of pumping water, but I (Matthew) found it to be quite noisy (all right, it was downright irritating), particularly if the trailer was even a little bit off-level. Also, Shurflo claims that their new Revolution pumps provide more even flow at all water volumes without pulsation; pulsation was becoming a problem for us with our original setup. So, out with the old and in with the new.

The 4008 pump is an exact drop-in replacement for the 2008 in terms of its footprint (which is good; just try to find the screw holes which the Sunline factory made as they are buried in the carpet), and the take-off for the inlet and outlet fittings. That said, I did have to trim the suction line to accommodate the increased take-off of the new inline strainer which I installed. Used one of the two barbed-end fittings which Shurflo supplies and a regular worm-gear hose clamp in place of those nasty, one-time-use crimp clamps which Sunline used. Oddly, the original install did not include a strainer, which Shurflo specifies for all of their pumps. Our local RV guy had noticed this and had also thought it strange. I theorize that the original owner might have removed the strainer, although we doubt that he used the pump/fresh water tank much at all, as he and his family camped almost exclusively at commercial campgrounds with full hook-up.

The new pump seems to produce about half of the noise of the original, and when we ran a cold water sink tap for several minutes, the pump clearly ran for less duration than did the old one under similar circumstances. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

Not sure what we'll do with the original pump, as it still works just fine for moving water. I keep thinking that it could serve as a transfer pump for bringing water from a remote hydrant to a camp site, if such a thing would ever be necessary.

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:12 AM   #336

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Boy I hear you with the pump noise. I added an accumulator tank to mine (big 2 gallon) the pump sits up right on a mount I made with a soft rubber pad under it. The intake and discharge lines are flexible breaded lines with a loop you really have to be right next to it to hear it at all now. I don't even want to add up all the money and time I spent making the pump quiet but it was worth it. The biggest benefit twas the tank it does not cycle every few seconds it starts and runs maybe a minute then is off for a long time.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #337

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Please don't laugh

I was hooking up my utility trailer to help a neighbor move some gravel. I have all my keys, box trailer and Sunline on one key chain. Then house and shop keys on a separate key chain then car keys on another.
So, I grab my trailer keys, hooked up the box trailer, locked the tongue lock and when I got home to unlock everything. You guessed it, all my keys are missing for the trailer set. I think I know what I did just out of sheer habit and tell me some of you haven't done the same.

I had to unlock the tongue-lock, raise the tongue and relock the coupler when lowered onto the draw bar. During hook up I have a tendency to place my keys on the rear bumper and grab them when the task is complete. Obviously I forgot to grab them. It's amazing when you have these small interruptions from others for those "must do jobs" right now !!! and you get distracted. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So, I guess I drove through town and they must have popped off the bumper during a bump. Yes, I looked everywhere.

Rather than lose an entire day I decided to make my rounds to get new locks and new keys cut. The lucky thing is that our TT walk-in door was open and my utility door was open. I used my grinder to remove the two coupler locks. My fresh water tank door was locked up but you've seen those simple plastic doors, use a flat screwdriver and the whole mechanism turns. All in all it cost about $45 to get everything back to new and normal. Lesson learned. Ok, so I'm getting older.

Want to hear something even better? Mr. Wise Guy here decided a long time ago to keep all his SPARE trailer keys (are you ready?) on the very same key chain. Yup, they allow me to vote and I used to procreate.

We've all made goofy mistakes but this takes the cake [hanging head low, right about now]

I suppose the best I could do was to make light of it, fix it and poke fun at myself. Oh, BTW my son now has the spare set. If he loses them he's in trouble

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #338

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Been there. Not our fault, if truck didn't have a step bumper there wouldn't be a flat spot to lay them on.
Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:40 AM   #339

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a set on my truck ring and another set hidden in the camper behind one of the compartment doors. The locks on the camper compartment all had been replaced and required more than one key so I replaced them with non locking latches. There really is nothing worth stealing and I figured any one stealing stuff from camper compartments probably has a key that would work any way! Works for us and I can go some where with the truck and my wife can get back into the camper while I'm gone.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:46 AM   #340

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
bumper traveling travel mug

I actually had my travel coffee mug ride some distance on my rear bumper. I went to take a drank while driving along only to discover the mug wasn't in the normal drink holder. It dawned on me where I last had left it. Pulled over not expecting to have it still on the bumper, yet there it was and hadn't spilled a drop!

I can only imagine what people behind me thought!

BTW, I have 2 of these and I won't leave home without one! I also have black coffee available to me 24/7 or I just can't function! Thus the survival of this mug was paramount to me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P07-16-15_09.46.jpg (34.1 KB, 4 views)

P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote