Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #201

SUN #5245
Anita1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mainah,

Craft paint (from a fabric store) is cheap and comes in small bottles (I think about $1 a bottle.) If you get white (or use flat white house paint to cut down on the sheen), black and whatever other color you need you would be able to custom blend touch up paint for just about anything on your camper.

Is that what a person should do to old screw holes...put a screw into it? Do you put a dab of caulk under the screw or make a tiny gasket? I have a very small screw hole on the front of my trailer by the metal diamond plate (an add-on, I think) and a few other ones in misc. spots.

Anita

Old 06-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #202

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
No they were pretty big holes and to make matters worse it was dented this project involved bondo and lots of sanding. As a temp fix I put steel roofing screws in it from the outside they have rubber gaskets. That is what I would use on the diamond plate but be careful some are pretty long you may not want to poke holes from the out side in.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #203

SUN #5245
Mainah,

Thanks for the information. Right behind the diamond plate is the outside/inside storage compartment that has the couch/bed on top. The person that installed the plate (former owner) used really long screws and, yep, they are inside the compartment and they almost got the cushions lol

Your holes sound like a pretty big project. Wow. Good luck. Maybe you can get some paint mixed at your local auto body shop. If you use a bottle of car paint, I always get a nice tiny brush...that way I get the paint exactly where I want it and not alllll over.

Take care,

Anita
Old 06-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #204

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
I replaced the fridge vent today, the old one was looking a little "tired". I found that the Ventmate 65528 is the replacement for the Dometic vent. The new one arrived today from Amazon and only took a few minutes to install. It looks exactly like the old one EXCEPT it is a nice clean white instead of a dirty grey and the new one doesn't have any cracks. It was $21.95 with free shipping on orders over $25.

Ventmate 65528 Polar White Direct Replacement Dometic Refrigerator New Style Vent Lid : Amazon.com : Automotive

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #205

SUN #5245
Oh wow, we noticed that ours was all cracked up. It looked like someone repaired it but it is pretty far gone. I hope that this fits on our 1700 because I want to order one too! Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #206

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
I replaced the air conditioner shroud on my Dometic A/C today. Last Summer my cover developed 2 small cracks on the bottom edges near 2 seperate screws. Since it was just before we were leaving on a 12 day trip I put some glue on the cracks and it held up all Summer.

Finding a replacement was confusing , there are lots of Dometic part numbers out there and the Dometic manual(s) were just about usless. For example one of the parts manuals for my number (Duo-Therm Model 57912.631) has this: Shroud SEE NOTE 1

NOTE 1: Open End Shroud (Shell White) (Polar White) & (Light Gray)
Replaced by Closed end shroud 3309518.003
*Closed End Shroud (Shell White) 3308781.008
*Closed End Shroud Polar White) 3308782.006
*Closed End Shroud (Gray) 3308783.004
Close End Shroud (Polar White) 3309364.002
Closed End Shroud (Black) 3309364.010
*Not Paintable

HUH??? which one? More Google searches seemed to indicate there is a 10 inch tall model and a 12 inch tall model. It seems the 12 inch is a 10 inch with a 2 inch grey band riveted to the bottom and all those numbers above look like 3309518.003.

I finally ordered this one from Campingworld:

Dometic Brisk Air Replacement Shroud, White - Dometic 3309518.003 - Air Conditioner Accessories - Camping World SALE $118.99 Shipping : Add $9.00 (some places have it for $97 and $50 shipping!, FEDEX large box cost!)

Campingworld shows just the white upper part and their Q & A says

Does the small gray band come with this or is it just the white top?
....Campingworld answer: This is just the white top portion.

WRONG - mine came with the grey band .... I drilled off the rivets.
It did come with a Dometic instruction sheet that said I needed a 9/64" drill ... but never said why. Also said it came with 3/4" screws .... they were 1/2" screws.

Bottom line: It fits perfect

Sidenote: The A/C had 2 old and one current active wasp nest inside the cover.

Sidenote 2: I had the old cover standing on it's back on my deck while I compaired size of the old and new... they were the same. Later in the day a small gust of wind knocked it over, when I picked it up the top had major cracks that were not there before it blew over. I guess I replaced it just in time.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #207

SUN #5245
Gene,

Wow, sounds like you got to that repair just in time. I can not understand why these sites do not have decent measurements so that a person can decide which part they can use as a replacement. Hard to choose unless you have the exact measurements. You know that the manufacturer has the specifications available. Odd....it's a pig and a poke when you order something. I am glad that you were able to change the item so that it worked for you. Between this and the other vent cover it will look like a whole new roof up there....pretty neat
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #208

SUN #1949
joe8grouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

I installed an new digital antenna on our Sunny tonight. Will report back on the results after this weekend. CW had them on "sale" last week. Here is the link for this item: Jack Digital HDTV Antenna Replacement Head - King Controls OA-8000 - Over-the-Air Antennas - Camping World. Also installed a new Prodigy P3 brake controller on the Tundra. Really excited about this mod and am looking forward to towing the trailer to the campground tomorrow night.

Joe & Tina
1998 T-2363
1994 T-2251
2011 Tundra Crew Max Limited
joe8grouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #209

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
We - which means mostly Matthew - put shelves in one of the bedroom closets today which is a mod we've been considering since we got our Sunline. It was actually a two day project b/c yesterday we picked up what we thought we needed to do the mod. Wisely, Matthew recommended doing a mock-up and about a half hour into the mock-up it became apparent that our idea of putting in adjustable shelves was not going to work, at least not easily. So, onto Plan B involving non-adjustable shelving. That meant going back to the big box builder store and making a few exchanges. The box store cut the wire shelving to the exact width of the closet and after putting the plastic caps on the cut ends, the shelves were held in by friction even tho' we knew that wouldn't last. After making sure they were level, Matthew used c-clips and 8x1/2 screws to attach the shelving to studs in the closet walls. We're quite happy with the way they came out and think they'll be a lot more usable for the way we want to store our clothes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg -3.jpg (3.2 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg -2.jpg (4.4 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg -1.jpg (5.0 KB, 118 views)

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #210

SUN #4407
underdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Yesterday I went to Lowes and bought a locking weather outlet cover for the outside electrical outlets and a tiny padlock for it. Couple screws was all it took to swap.

Reason for this was an experience camped at the track at Norwalk. We had gone in to the track to watch the afternoon session and left the generator running to power the AC and charge the battery. When we returned the breaker had tripped on the gen.

My gen is a Yamaha 2500 and runs the AC, lights and power converter but that's it. The day before tenters next to us spotted the outlets and asked to use the power to inflate an air mattress which I let them do. I suspect they decided to help themselves while we were away. This was upsetting since the dog and cat were inside the camper. They survived but I wasn't happy. Someone suggested switching the outlet inside but this was a simpler way to keep idiots from plugging in.

Jim & Laurie
Pittsburgh Area
1990 StarRay T205
2005 Dodge Dakota V8 Tow pac.
1992 Gulfstream Ultra LE Mini 27'
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #211

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog View Post
Yesterday I went to Lowes and bought a locking weather outlet cover for the outside electrical outlets and a tiny padlock for it. Couple screws was all it took to swap.

Reason for this was an experience camped at the track at Norwalk. We had gone in to the track to watch the afternoon session and left the generator running to power the AC and charge the battery. When we returned the breaker had tripped on the gen.

My gen is a Yamaha 2500 and runs the AC, lights and power converter but that's it. The day before tenters next to us spotted the outlets and asked to use the power to inflate an air mattress which I let them do. I suspect they decided to help themselves while we were away. This was upsetting since the dog and cat were inside the camper. They survived but I wasn't happy. Someone suggested switching the outlet inside but this was a simpler way to keep idiots from plugging in.
My outside receptacle is controlled by GFCI in bathroom . I just trip it.
Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #212

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
You could put a metal cover on your outside outlet some have a pad lock tab on them, you might check your converter if you try tripping the GFI I think it's on the same circuit.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #213

SUN #4407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
You could put a metal cover on your outside outlet some have a pad lock tab on them, you might check your converter if you try tripping the GFI I think it's on the same circuit.
That's exactly what I did. And yes on mine that GFI outlet will shut down the whole 110 system. When I first got the camper I spent a couple hours trying to figure out why I had no 110 until I discovered the outlet tripped. Even switched out the main breaker thinking it was bad.

Jim & Laurie
Pittsburgh Area
1990 StarRay T205
Old 08-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #214

SUN #1949
joe8grouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8grouse View Post
Hi,

I installed an new digital antenna on our Sunny tonight. Will report back on the results after this weekend. CW had them on "sale" last week. Here is the link for this item: Jack Digital HDTV Antenna Replacement Head - King Controls OA-8000 - Over-the-Air Antennas - Camping World. Also installed a new Prodigy P3 brake controller on the Tundra. Really excited about this mod and am looking forward to towing the trailer to the campground tomorrow night.

Joe & Tina
Well the test run with the new antenna was a success. We spent 4 nights at Seven Lakes State Park near Holly MI. Granted we were in a very populated area, south of Flint, north west of Detroit, and east of Lansing, the reception and channel choices were outstanding. The camping area at this state park appears to be an old gravel pit so we were in a large bowl shaped area. You drop down about 40-50 feet to the level of the camp sites. After we were all set up I took to tuning in the TV. I stopped counting channels after it reached 20. Not that we just sit in the TT and watch TV, but it is nice to have the news and maybe a ball game or two. I would highly recommend this antenna. Easy install on the existing mast and it looks kind of cool too. One of the features is a red led light on the antenna, like the one that is on the booster switch in the TT. Looks kind of cool at night. Thanks for listening.

Joe & Tina
1998 T-2363
1994 T-2251
2011 Tundra Crew Max Limited
joe8grouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #215

SUN #4407
Joe, I recently installed the same one. Works really great. I can't compare to the old Wingard since the amp on it was toast and coax was broken. On the Rocky Gap M&G we were only able to get one NBC station out of Hagerstown but seems that was one more than others could get. At Norwalk (where it's flat) we were getting good signals from both Cleveland and Toledo 50mi away.

FWIW, We also bought a Naxa 19" TV/DVD that runs on 12V. Great deal from Bundle City and real happy with it also. Nice to have the TV even if no 110 hookup. It draws practically nothing in TV mode.

We have a habit of going to bed with a TV on plus like you say, getting local weather reports is nice. I have cable and 12V taps at both the dinette and bed hampers which makes a nice flat spot for the TV.

Jim & Laurie
Pittsburgh Area
1990 StarRay T205
Old 08-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #216

SUN #4601
wilson3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Recently had new carpeting put in our house. Had a piece leftover that matches the interior of the camper. So we had it bound and layed it over existing carpet to help keep it cleaner.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #217

SUN #4364
dtstanton is an unknown quantity at this point
Repacked the Sunny's wheel bearings this morning. Still in good shape! I can tell the axle really is new.

TT: 1988 Sunline T-1350
TV: 2003 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3L
dtstanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #218

SUN #4050
Just came back today from an overnight at Greenwood Furnace State Park (central PA). While we were camping, two different people came up and asked us how we liked our Sunline. They were former Sunline owners and both said that Sunline made a quality trailer which is always good to hear!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GFSP Site18.jpg (58.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg GFSP Dam.jpg (14.2 KB, 153 views)

Matthew and Lisa
Old 08-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #219

SUN #4050
We're counting our blessings: it was a year ago today that we bought our Sunline and camping in it has been a blessing. Almost as much of a blessing as all of you here on SOC - you have been such a big help for these newbies in our first year. Thank you so much!

Matthew and Lisa
Old 08-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #220

SUN #4601
wilson3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Scrubbed the roof today, will do the sides tomorrow.