Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #341

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
I added an accumulator tank to mine (big 2 gallon) the pump sits up right on a mount I made with a soft rubber pad under it. The intake and discharge lines are flexible breaded lines with a loop you really have to be right next to it to hear it at all now. I don't even want to add up all the money and time I spent making the pump quiet but it was worth it. The biggest benefit twas the tank it does not cycle every few seconds it starts and runs maybe a minute then is off for a long time.
Hi Mainah,

Thanks much for your wisdom on this. Our first year with the 2363, we had our local RV guy configure for us a freshwater tank bypass so that we could more easily introduce RV antifreeze into the system when it was time to winterize. He did a nice job with it, but the necessary valves and fittings do add considerable restriction to the suction side of the pump. I (Matthew) will at some point probably re-pipe things so that there is a goodly length of tubing on the pump's low side with no fittings, valves, etc.

ShurFlo claims that with their new four-valve pump head, there is no need for an accumulator. We'll see.

I'm interested in knowing more about the mount which you crafted for your pump. Would you mind posting a photo of it?

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #342

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I not sure why they would say that I think any pump will flow a couple of gallons a minute the only thing a tank does is reduce the run cycling. I can see where a 4 chamber pump would be quieter. Mine will run water for quite awhile with out the pump running once the pump is off even days later I will have water pressure for a good while. I too have an intake on my pump suction line the only thing I use it for is to fill the pump I may use a pint of antifreeze a year the rest of the water I remove with air pressure. I'll see if I can get a picture for you it's kind of buried under the tub.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #343

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Kind of had to just point and shoot pretty tight in there. The backet is just an up right the black pad underneath is a soft rubber and the flex lines don't transmit noise in the plastic piping. The discharge line goes directly to the expansion tank and the entire water system is on the other side of the "T" fitting on the tank. I am a life time member of the "American Society of Tinkers" (lol) so I do some times useless stuff because I can! That did however make for a quiet pump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3813.jpg (92.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3814.jpg (64.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-31-2015, 05:51 AM   #344

SUN #7437
Mike13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Made a towel drying rack to mount on the bumper last night
Old 09-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #345

SUN #6471
McKisses is an unknown quantity at this point
Water lines.

We just got back from a 200 mile trip to Hershey pa. After hooking up and running some water so I could start the water heater we noticed, and not for the first time, a terrible odor from the water " these campgrounds have such bad water" was my first thought.
It took me a few minutes to remember the smell as bad or old water not sure where I remember it from but remember I did.
As I didn't drain the water after the last trip and it been like 90 for the whole summer I figured that was the problem.
Lol still learning, no we don't drink the water and it cleared up after I ran the water for some time.
So today I cleaned up all the kids mess and clothes and drained the water out.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #346

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKisses View Post
We just got back from a 200 mile trip to Hershey pa. After hooking up and running some water so I could start the water heater we noticed, and not for the first time, a terrible odor from the water " these campgrounds have such bad water" was my first thought.
It took me a few minutes to remember the smell as bad or old water not sure where I remember it from but remember I did.
As I didn't drain the water after the last trip and it been like 90 for the whole summer I figured that was the problem.
Lol still learning, no we don't drink the water and it cleared up after I ran the water for some time.
So today I cleaned up all the kids mess and clothes and drained the water out.

We noticed that problem last year? Yee gads was it ever wretched !!
I later found out that the drain valve for emptying the tank was NOT fully open, hence we hauled many lbs of water (unknowingly). When I did drain at a camp site it sort of dribbled and it just "appeared" to be near empty.
So, I ended up hauling all that water, not to mention the stench build up. Needless to say, I felt like a goof.

Once I realized my problem I actually drained it and poured bleach into the tank, drained it. The added another half quart of bleach and THEN filled it with water again.; Then I flushed the system through the water heater and all the taps. No odor now. While it smells clean we don't drink that water either. Maybe washing dishes and flushing.
Ya, welcome to the world of discovery

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #347

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Please search on "sanitizing". Your fresh water tank should be sanitized before use.

Readers Digest Condensed Version...

Add 1/4 cup of bleach for each 10 gallons of water capacity, then fill the tank with water. Run each valve (kitchen, bath sink, shower, toilet ) until you smell bleach. Let it sit for 12 - 24 hours, then rinse with clear water till no smell.

Some people like to follow up with baking soda and water also.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:10 PM   #348
sep

SUN #7710
sep is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got to find these leaks!!

Well, today was the day I decided to start pulling apart my water logged walls and vinyl from the back left corner of the camper. It looks like I have a leak that is flowing down the back corner which affected the walls and studs as well as a section of floor. The other section of floor looks to have a leak coming from the water heater. I had originally fixed a section of that floor in 2005 when I got the camper as the inlet hose to the fresh water tank was leaking and seeped into the osb over time. When I did replace that floor, I used plywood and it is shot. While up cleaning out the drip edge and checking out all of the putty tape, I didn't really see anywhere that it could be leaking in. There is a small section (2"X4") of the rubbery roof that is starting to dry rot and wonder if that is my problem? Also, is there something I can coat the roof with? It is a different material than my 76 Shasta and 78 Prowler so I just didn't want to use that goop stuff on it.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0610.jpg (94.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0613.jpg (142.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0614.jpg (95.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #349

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just hanging around the house, playing with the camper. Finding things hidden in cubbyholes of necessities, long hidden. I have started pulling everything out of the camper to put similar things together and hopefully easier to find when needed. Maybe.

I found that since I would store in different places I had more than one of many things.

I started a list. Items used to hook the camper to the outside world, sewer and electrical. Things for easy living. Tools for when small things become repairable.

The List:
CONNECTING TO SERVICES:
1 - Electrical:
1A - Powercord: 110V A/C 30Amp 25'
1B - Adapter: 30Amp female to 15Amp Male
1C - Adapter: 15Amp female to 30Amp male (2)
1D - Adapter: 50Amp male to 30Amp female
1E - 110V outlet voltage meter
1F - 110V outlet polarity checker (2)
1G - MultiMeter
1K - TV coax 30'L
1M - Battery charger (standard and float)

2 - Sewerhose:
2A - Sewerhose dougnut
2B - Sewerhose chain weight
2C - Sewerhose clear elbow
2D - Hose lug wrench
2E - throw away rubber gloves
2F - Hand sanitizer
3 - Toolbox:
3A - pliers
3B - sliplock pliers
3C - Philips screwdriver
3D - Straight screwdriver
3E - Cresent wrench (3 different sizes)
3F - Square end screwdriver
3G - Electrical tape
3H - Gorilla tape
3I - Tire pressure gage
3J - Wireterminal pliers
3K - Variety of wire ends
3L - Variety of 12V fuses
3M - Variety of 110V circuit breakers
3N - Small 1/4" drive socket set
30 - 4-Way lug wrench
3P - Dial level indicator
3Q - Leveling blocks (cut treated lumber 2x6's, cut artificial decking lumber)
3R - 4 aluminum leveling jacks

4 - Kitchen:
4A - Assorted pots
4B - 4 sets silverware
4C - Two fillet knives
4D - Serving spoons
4E - Can opener (manual)
4F - Hand towels

5 - House:
5A - Entertainment (TV/DVD/Radio/puzzles)
5B - Comfort (110V A/C heater/vac-cleaner/fan)
5C - small table lamps (2)
5D - Computers w/ chargers & hotspot

I'm sure other people have different needs and that I have forgotten things I will need. That is why I post this to see what others haul around.

The 2363 we have is short on storage space. One outside storage up front and one at the rear of the unit. I have had electrical in the front, leveling and sewer in the rear. Then other small items were scattered inside in drawers needed by my darling for other important things like food and clothing. My latest idea is to use storage totes and keep them in the back of the tow vehicle so most of everything is in one place. Maybe that will save time by not having to hunt where things ain't. Do others store in the tow vehicle? Or do you cram everywhere like I had been doing?
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:02 PM   #350

SUN #246
Janalee
Hi Jim...when I sold my van last summer,you would not believe all of the "what if's" we unloaded! No wonder the tranny gave out!... Extra chairs,rollup table,two big toolboxes,grill,etc etc. In my 2363 under the sofa was every kind of electric appliance I may need..etc etc! But we would use it 5-6 months at a time, and of course,"WHAT IF..? " and I love to be comfortable...also had everything you listed for inside...However, I liked the tote idea..I still have some pretty full ones in our cellar leftover from the towing era of 28 yrs. I would get rid of all the odds and ends and parts to campers,but...well,you got it!!! "WHAT IF?"....lol...P.S. How are you two doing? Getting some camping time in before our winter winds blow down your way? I miss FL....Janalee
'96 2553 & '95 1950 Sunlines
'95 and '98 Solaris 2653's
2002 Solaris T-2363
Janalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #351

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Janalee..... I do have the other things, folding table, etc, but I don't carry them. My main problem is the crawling to dig things out of these small storage holes. I do have a rack fastened to the rear bumper for carrying a dockbox. It would hold almost everything I have kept to carry with us but I wanted everything close at hand when setting up and the back of the TV seems so secure and handy.

I have most of my needs packed into two totes, the hookup sewer and electrical items. Tools are always kept inside the TV all the time anyway.

For a week now I have been fighting vertigo. Wifey is being a good nurse and keeping me out of most dumb decisions. Guess something in the inner ear ain't just right. Maybe next week.
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #352

SUN #246
Janalee
Try an antihistamine Jim..works for me..Hi to the better half!
'96 2553 & '95 1950 Sunlines
'95 and '98 Solaris 2653's
2002 Solaris T-2363
Janalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #353

SUN #4081
Photokit is an unknown quantity at this point
I wrote a blog about what I like to do in and around my Sunline TT. I'm an artist having a blast traveling and making art. Campers and Cameras: What's there to do at Camp?
Old 09-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #354

SUN #4081
And I'm prepping the camper (Saturn) for a three week adventure. First stop, Grand Canyon, then a week in the Escalante-Grand Staircase Monument, then I'll swing around to Capitol Reef and see how the autumn colors are shaping up. Art and Photography, travel and adventure. Here's my blog.

http://campers-and-cameras.blogspot....canyon-and.htm
Old 09-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #355

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Kit,

Interesting blog post, especially like the pix of your Saturn in the midst of all that Western beauty. Definitely envious of plans to go to Escalante-Grand Staircase Monument. Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #356

SUN #4081
i'm really excited. i have been living full time in my Saturn for a year. traveling and visiting beautiful places out west.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #357

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
my story is not about my TT

But it is related, sorta.

A few weeks ago we went camping with kids and grandkids. Later at night we all sat around the fire. I'm playing with my hunting knife in order to cut kindling and tinder from a piece of fire wood that the camp sells in bags.

Later, after a brown pop, we're sitting around the fire just talking about this and that and I came up with a brain storm.
I thought what if:
I took and old lawnmower blade, cut it in half and start to work it into a hunting knife. Everyone thought it was weird. Why not just buy one? Nah, I wanted to make one for the fun of it and you know..."because I can".

I'm only half way through right now. My local garage had to use a 20 ton press to flatten the curves and the rest is my work. The 20 ton press could only do so much so it's not perfectly flat YET
. A little more finesse here and there as I go. I dread the thought of a leather sheath because I have never worked with leather. Come to think of it I have never made a knife before.
Yet to do: is shaping a handle using 1x2 pine strapping. I tried to drill two holes in the metal to make two bolts for the 'handle halves'. Can't drill that stuff (that lawnmower blade steel). So I decided to glue the two halves of wood with outdoor wood-glue and clamp over night and then start carving a handle into shape. Then do a proper sharpening and some detailing on the wood. In these pictures it's not pretty but hopefully it will turn out the way I want. If not, at least I tried. The two curved portions actually have flatted edges on the top side so I can hit the knife with my hatchet in a hammering fashion for going through the wood.

I used my angle grinder extensively and one of those graduated sanding pads on the grinder.

I'll post the finished product when I'm done. I wanted this to be a winter project. Is it winter yet?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1141.jpg (104.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1142.jpg (108.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1143.jpg (101.5 KB, 5 views)

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #358

SUN #4081
terrific project, Jerry
Old 09-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #359

SUN #7676
East Coast is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting the T2499 ready!

Since buying our 2004 T-2499 a month ago, I've been busy trying to take care of a few things. Having a blast so far!

Here's what I've accomplished so far...
Bought and installed the electric brake controller
Wash-down of a couple years' worth of dirt, including roof.
Started working on removing the black streaks, but it really isn't too bad.
Roof inspection and resealed some of the joints
A/C cleaning and checkout - mud dauber nest removal makes for a much quieter fan!
Checked out refrigerator operation, electric and gas
Replaced all three roof vent covers
Replaced outside light bulb. Boy was that cover a pain to get off for the first time.
License plate tail light replaced, used old lens so it matches.
Replaced outside storage bin latches.
Replaced carpet on outside steps
Replaced fresh water tank fill tube
Replaced fresh water tank drain valve. Yeah, I broke it while pulling out the fill tube. Replaced with a brass valve so I'll never have to do that again.
Bought a new canopy cloth, but I think I will wait until spring to actually install it. Why do it at the end of the year and have it sit all winter?
New tires and state inspection are done. No way was I going to trust 11 year old rubber.
Replaced the scissor jack that I bent on the way home - I'll never do that mistake again! Lol
Got the wrong key out of the darn lock without damaging the lock - who the heck approved a design that included two different keys for the doors? - I'll never do that mistake again! Lol
Reserved a storage location at a great price!

What I still need to do...
Replace kitchen faucet - During fill and testing of the water system, the cold water valve blew off. Those plastic threads were stripped and couldn't take any pressure. Going with a Delta standard faucet.
LP tanks - Cert runs out in 2016 so I be sure to get both filled which should last a good while
Install the new canopy cloth in the spring
Replace one shelf in the refrigerator - this can wait
Replace the A/C filter door - or live with a MacGyver fix
Test the water heater
Test the furnace
Sanitize the fresh water tank
Do a run through with filling and dumping tanks - never done it before, but it can't be that hard
Replace the spare tire cover
Buy the outside carpet for under the canopy
Plexiglas for the large Penn State sticker to hang in the back window while traveling to and tailgating at the PSU games
Mattress topper!
Get a TV and see if the antenna picks up any signals
Figure out how I'm going to run my CPAP when dry camping
Look into future repairs for issues related to a previous roof leak - do it myself or farm it out
GO CAMPING!

Questions for the gang...

Considering a cover for the A/C unit to use during storage. My storage location is near the ocean and I worry about the effects of long term exposure to the salt air. Are they worth it?
How beneficial is the use of tire covers during storage?
Is there any difference in a digital antenna and the old style one currently on the TT?
Has anyone put a quick connect on their outdoor grill gas line located near the door?

Many thanks to this group, the site has been a pleasure to learn from!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150912_092417.jpg (95.2 KB, 3 views)
2005 F-150 4WD 5.4L 3.73 rear
East Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #360

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Got the wrong key out of the darn lock without damaging the lock - who the heck approved a design that included two different keys for the doors? - I'll never do that mistake again! Lol
LOL -right with ya.....I took a sharp knife and put a notch in the plastic part of one of the keys, so I could tell them apart, even in the dark.

Do you have FIC keys?

Drop Fastec Industrial a line and you should be able to get cores and a "key tool" to change them out.

There was a recall on '06 and later models. Our trailer was included in that recall and they sent me four identical keyed cores and a tool to change them. Very easy to do.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote