Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #1

SUN #67
264SRinPA
What a weekend!

Got home from work last Friday, the rain is coming down in buckets, the emergency broadcast system on the radio keeps warning of possible tornadoes. I have a great idea, let's go camping. Hook up the coach and head to Promised Land State Park. Great, the rain stops. Get there just as it's getting dark, so we go to the non reservable area and set up. We think great, we have the whole area to ourselves. After setting up we head to Promised Land Inn to get something to eat. We get back about 9:45 and we're saying to each other how clear it is outside. Can't remember when I've seen so many stars. We go in the coach to put the last few things away, when we hear this load roar coming. The coach starts shaking side to side and the awning is flapping violently. I ran outside to put the awning away just in time. I'm hanging on the awning tube to keep it from blowing over the roof. Got it put away with no damage. Spent half the night wondering if the coach was going to blow over. Next morning look outside and all is good, but still very windy. Start eating breakfast and get a knock on the door. It's mister park ranger. " We need you to have this trailer out of here within 20 minutes. We're having a reunion for the Civilian Conservation Corps today and your trailer is in the middle of the activities area". No wonder we had the place to ourselves. We got there to late to check in and they didn't have any signs posted saying those sites were closed for the weekend. They moved us to the lower lake campground, and the rest of the weekend turned out great.

Sunlines= '06-2075, '06-264SR
264SRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #2

SUN #115
emam
Sounds like you had quite the ride with that awning. Glad you got it put away before it took off on ya!!

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #3

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Glad to hear your coach is OK. That was a strong storm. Over across the river in Warren County they said there was a tornado that stayed up in the sky, it never touched done. The winds did pick up the bed cover on my TV with some minor damage.
You experience having to move reminded me of a time I arrived at Watkins Glenn NY about 4AM and set up my camper in this open field. Just got to sleep and the local county mounties forced me out. It's tough to pick up after you just get settled.
Regards,
Jay
2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote