Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-10-2016, 09:36 PM   #1

SUN #8121
Gliden07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wanting to get out!

Ok my GF and I just bought a our first Camper and after yesterday 75 Deg and today High 50's we are looking forward to getting out! Been buying odds and ends for the coach. There is a lot of support hardware to this!! No matter looking forward to our first trip!! That's another thing WHERE TO GO??? OH MY GOD!!!

Old 03-11-2016, 06:19 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
We are kind of in our 4th mud season so far this winter (this one maybe the real thing) so even with my 4WD truck I think I'll stay put for awhile.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliden07 View Post
Been buying odds and ends for the coach. There is a lot of support hardware to this!! No matter looking forward to our first trip!!
Welcome to the 20 dollar club.... Everything is, just, another 20 dollars....

At least is not the M word, meaning Marine, that is more like the 30 dollar club...

If it helps any, the do dads and odds and ends do slow down after the first few years... Then you start saving up for the bigger once a year upgrades...

It's all good though. Can't beat being in the campground and spring is getting closer quick.

Happy camping this year in your new Sunny. Have you tried the state park camping circuit?

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:01 PM   #4

SUN #8121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Welcome to the 20 dollar club.... Everything is, just, another 20 dollars....

At least is not the M word, meaning Marine, that is more like the 30 dollar club...

If it helps any, the do dads and odds and ends do slow down after the first few years... Then you start saving up for the bigger once a year upgrades...

It's all good though. Can't beat being in the campground and spring is getting closer quick.

Happy camping this year in your new Sunny. Have you tried the state park camping circuit?

Have not tried any camping since I was 25 Ish 52 now! My GF have been talking about it for a couple years now. Started looking 11/2 for a camper got serious about them 6 months ago finally bought our Sunny last week!!
Old 03-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #5

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Better get some reservations set up. There's a lot more people like you and me (and most everyone on this site as well) who just can't wait to get out camping again and the good sites become scarce.
Happy camping!
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #6

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Vermont State Parks has a neat thing they do. If you cannot keep your reservation,you can switch it to another time, even another park. We did this once and it worked great.

In Vermont, State Parks are very reasonable. Lake St. Catherine is close to us and is beautiful ! No full hook-ups so you'd have to get the gist of that. Tom and I went out to a full hookup campground for our first trip. Just to get the hang of the sewer hook-up, elec. etc. We have found, and most here will agree, that state parks tend to have larger, more spacious, sites with privacy. But not the amenities of full hookups. Full hookup campgrounds are often smaller sites with your neighbor fairly close by. Both can be fine, depending on your needs. We can eke out 4-5 days in a state park by using their shower and being careful with dish washing, etc. We do have a generator as well.
2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #7

SUN #8121
I do want to go to a full hook up place for a couple reasons. Obviously to make sure everything works for more than the hour we looked at the camper and second like you make sure I can hook it all up. If all goes well I plan on adding a second battery, all LED lights and a small solar battery charger to help keep the batteries charged. This will be a few projects down the road.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #8

SUN #89
Hi Gliden07,

Each state has different camp amenities. The common ones are

1. No electric, no water and no sewer at the site but has a dump station and potable water at camp. In this case for a camper, you use flashlights or the on board battery and lights in the camper. The camper is self contained less Microwave and AC. We also nick name this boondocking or off the grid.

2. Electric, (120 vac shore power), no water, no sewer at the site. But has a dump station and potable water at camp for you to fill up. The electric comes in 15 amp, 30 amp and 50 amp are the most common. A 20 amp may be in there too. For your camper, a 30 amp will run everything in the camper, just not all at once.

3. Electric, (120 vac shore power), water at the site, no sewer at the site. But has a dump station and potable water at camp. The electric comes in 15 amp, 30 amp and 50 amp are the most common.

4. Electric, (120 vac shore power), water at the site, sewer hookup at the site. This is known as full hook up. But they normally still have a dump station and potable water. The electric comes in 15 amp, 30 amp and 50 amp are the most common.

We can go 4 full days with on board tanks if we stretch it. This means not adding extra water and not dumping until the 4th day. Now, it does take an adjustment to be able to do this, navy type showers, (turn water off between wetting and rinsing off), be thoughtful about doing dishes, only do once a day verses 3 times a day. (wipe them down and do full soap and water once a day or do dishes out on the pick-nick table in tubes and heat water on the stove). For the guy, walk to the camp rest room as needed to help cut down the toilet use.

When we boondocks in the Adirondacks we can go 9 days on a black tank. I do use a blue tote on gray water and I do add more fresh. And one time I had to do a partial black dump. I'm "into" camp chores, what ever they are. This way of camping can be extended with choirs as long as needed. We recharge the batteries off a generator. I have not gone solar yet.

Until I retire, we are mostly weekend warriors with extended trips in-between and can go the whole weekend easy (2 nights, 3 days) with on boards tanks. But like I said, you have to "think" about water usage. At home, the thought of running out is not as apparent and it is amazing how much we all use daily. If you do not adjust your ways, you will run out of on board tank supply on day 1...

Most of our camping is number 2 above. We have power but use on board tanks can a go to the dump station on the way out of camp. We are using the entire camper, AC unit, micro wave, shower, toilet etc. When we do get to a full hookup site, habit kicks in and we are still in water miser mode. However if we need to get out of camp quick at the end of the stay, full hookup can be a time saver, I'm dumping and rinsing while packing up

No matter how you camp, there are all good.

Hope this helps you find a state park near by.

John

Old 03-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #9

SUN #8121
Thanks John. It explains a lot of I didn't knows! We do know there will be a learning curve but we are prepared (I think??LOL!). Time will tell!! Just looking to have some relaxing fun!!
Old 03-12-2016, 08:07 PM   #10

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliden07 View Post
Thanks John. It explains a lot of I didn't knows! We do know there will be a learning curve but we are prepared (I think??LOL!). Time will tell!! Just looking to have some relaxing fun!!
Your welcome, and

Heads up, Camping in the Sunline can be habit forming and addicting!!!

It is real easy to get "hooked"!

Happy Camping this year

John

Old 03-13-2016, 06:12 AM   #11

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
We also will use paper plates and we have a small tub to carry dishes to the wash sink (when available) for pots, pans and utensils. That way we use the CG's water instead our fresh water tank. We spent a week in the Adirondacks last summer that way. Didn't use a generator either.
Like John said, you do have to think about what you're doing when your in that environment, but it becomes habit after awhile.
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:00 AM   #12

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
We don't really have to go any where to "get away" (pictures of the back yard) but it's the adventure! If any of you are in the White Mountains of NH and Western Maine stop by you can dry camper here for free on any of our 80 acres!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4111 (1024x768).jpg (106.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4112 (1024x768).jpg (94.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #13

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful!
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #14

SUN #8121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
We don't really have to go any where to "get away" (pictures of the back yard) but it's the adventure! If any of you are in the White Mountains of NH and Western Maine stop by you can dry camper here for free on any of our 80 acres!
Very nice!!!