Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-23-2007, 08:18 PM   #1

SUN #307
purplesuebug
VERY sad day in Denver PA

Sue's mom lives in Harrisburg and we take the turnpike from Morgantown. Today was no different until we reached Denver exit. We ALWAYS look at the travel trailer shaped billboards standing proudly beside the Sunline factory informing all drivers that they were driving through Sunline country. Well, this morning the signs were gone. I thought maybe the first one might have fallen so I was very sad to see the second one gone as well. I know everyone of you that have driven past have seen the billboards and know how unique they were. Sue and I were just talking about going to get pictures of everything cause we saw two carloads of business men there a couple weeks ago when we drove by. Now the only thing I have to look forward to on the turnpike is looking for Moo-Moo's for Chase to bark at. Thought you should know..............Marshall

purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
Oh NO!!! They were they last wednesday when I went down 222 to Lancaster and the for sale sign was still up. I wonder if the building has sold. I always thought Jon (aka sunlinefan) should have that trailer shaped sign.

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 AM   #3

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Was camping up in the Blue Mountains this past weekend and needed to get a bolt for the weight distribution clamp. Only place I could think of was WT, a former Sunline dealer up near Long Pond. He had told me the factory did sell. He had heard nothing yet of the intellectual property. Said he was still searching for a line to replace Sunline. He is selling Viking pop-ups and trailers, but they are for entry market only. His quote was. " you wouldn't be interested if you currently have a Sunline."
MM
2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #4

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Okay..........I got some pictures tonight but they paint a very sad picture. We were just there a couple weeks ago and everything was still there, but tonight, we found the main sign gone and what appears to be renovation going on in the parts and service building. Anyway.............here are the pictures...........................

The tires are the only thing remaining of the billboards...............

This is Plant 2

So far the mailbox gas survived................

Plant 1.........notice all the signs are gone.

The front of the office. Someone took the main sign from between the hedges!!!! It was just there a couple weeks ago.

The back of the parts and service building

The front of the parts and service building

Another picture of the front of the office

Sue's car in front of Sunline..................toaster or Amish Buggy.........You decide.

If anyone wants full size copies of any of these, just let me know and I will be glad to send them to you. Take Care.......................Marshall & Sue
purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Marshall & Sue,

Thanks for the update and pics, but your so right, a SAD day in Denver.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote