Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-21-2006, 07:44 AM   #1

SUN #42
Tom R
Thermo Pane Windows?...No Sunline Option?

'Nother question?...it does not appear that Sunline offers a "thermo pane" type of insulating window. On one of the SOB owners sites...one owner said they might have purchased a Sunline if they had the insulating type window.

Is this true...no such option?

I would think they would be nice...if only for heat (summer) and sound insulation...even if you never camped in cold weather.

What say you?

Tom R in Northern Minnesota...it does get COLD up here...and SOON...TMR

Old 09-21-2006, 05:12 PM   #2

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
I never had them in my motorhome either. I cannot honestly say there was ever a time I felt I would have needed them frankly. The difference would likely be minimal over the common glass use in most RV's. BTW..My camping season runs spring to fall..never winter camping around here as camping shuts down after Columbus Day W/E in New England. So no Sunline doesn't currently offer them but as with everything...they may install them if you inquire and are willing to pay the cost of same. It's a flexibility that set Sunline apart from a majority of the other trailer builders.

GoodoleBob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #3

SUN #42
Tom R
Hi Bob...I did confirm that Sunline will add the double pane windows. I think I would prefer them for the insulating value when it is 100 degrees out as well as the sound insulation they likely provide in a campground.

BTW...what IS the cost of an aluminum roof...approximate as I know it would vary with size of TT.

Bob...did you consider the 2753? There is a leftover 2005 at a real good price...what are your thoughts on the model 2753? Bascially no options...Tom R
Old 09-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #4

SUN #19
Sunline1
Tom,

I almost bought a 2753, leftover as well. I ordered the 2975 (no longer available), instead. Because due to medical problems, i found it difficult to get in the shower of the 2753. So i got the 2975 with the large bathroom option with a corner shower, better for me at the time.
Since then I had both hips relaced, and can now get in any shower without a problem.

I thought the 2753 was a nice camper, and like the basic floor plan.
Although I recently look at a 2499, and was impressed, if I were in the market for a new camper who knows. One day i'm dreaming about a 2499 and the next day about a 299 with the double slides. At the end of the day I still have my current Sunline and happy with it.

Good Luck in your selection.

2002 Sunline model T-2975 (large Bath)
Sunline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #5

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Hi Tom,
I definitely did consider the 2753 as well, and thought it to be a very appealing model and having the dinette in addition to the features of the 2499 we selected. But a couple things eventually swayed us toward the 2499. One being a very generous entertainment shelf which will allow for a nice size TV and a very easy viewing arrangement compared to the 2753. Also the absolutely wonderful pantry slide out in the 2499 made my wife dance. The dinette would have been handy for playing board games perhaps, but we enjoy eating with trays much of the time so the dinette wasn't a priority feature for us. Also two feet longer was going in the wrong direction for us as we wanted to downsize our camper. The quote from Sunline on the aluminum roof was about $1700 as I recall...I personally felt that was to much..at about half that I would have ordered it. Hope this help you as you ponder it all. Have you been able to get inside some of these models yourself?

Bob

Old 09-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #6

SUN #42
Tom R
Thanks Bob...I have enjoyed vicariously your purchase process and excitement!

No, I have not yet had the pleasure of actually seeing a Sunline. The closest dealer is Milwaukee, WI and that is quite a hike...particularily since we are still in the "research" stage.

I feel like I have a pretty good image of the Sunline from listening here and on the other forums...and I have spoken with LaRue a couple of times. If I were starting a company I would want to start with customer service such as LaRue...she has been a GREAT help.

I'll keep lurking and learning! Tom R in Two Harbors, MN
Old 09-23-2006, 06:51 AM   #7

SUN #19
Sunline1
Tom

Just to put in my .02 cents worth.
I agree with Bob, on the television area in the 2753. My 2975 has the same arrangment with living room and dinette/ television area.
I'm currently looking into a LCD TV to mount on the wall. I watch alot of TV, in the winter when snowbirding. The tv cabinet doesn't allow for a very large tv, 13 or 14 inch. The distance from Living area to tv is too far for a smaller screen size tv.

P.S. I agree with your positive comments about LaRue from Sunline. She sure is the right person for that job.

2002 Sunline model T-2975 (large Bath)
Sunline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #8

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Hi Tom,
I looked up your driving distance to Milwaukee on the Yahoo maps...WOW... 425 miles is quite a trip to look at a trailer...anybodies trailer! I know from reading other posts by Sunline owners that some have traveled a lot to get one or at least to buy from a certain well recommended dealer. I wish it could be a bit easier for you.
There are other well made TT's out there, and likely with a dealer closer to you, but simce this is a Sunline owners website I guess I'll stay with the recommendation to go after a Sunline...it will be worth your efforts!
I'm sure you've looked in your local area at TT's and can see that in some cases they can be very haphazardly assembled...and some are decent..with fewer comprimises. The Sunlines overall quality hits you in a subtle way actually...as you slowly discover that they were careful to do a neat strong assembly...that the design isn't one of gold leaf trimmings, built in gas fireplaces, and tassles on the curtains, but more of a neat clean simple plan built well with longevity in mind and customer satisfaction a priority. Can you have trouble with a Sunline trailer? Yes of course, and we all know and must accept the equipment quirks of such an array of items from different mfgs as is found in the Sunline. But what they build is solid and reliable and I'm willing to bet very longlasting. I keep stuff a long time...my Motorhome was a new purchase in 89...it wasn't much more than an entry level unit in looking back now...but my tolerance of it and the various failings it had were part of owning it. With this Sunline I expect it to last as long, and be all the more enjoyable because of it's quality build. I think I'm a seasoned camper as this point and am capable of recognizing a good unit. The Sunline Travel Trailer is one for sure. I think I'm still about three weeks away for a delivery. Just can't wait to get in home and start fiddling around with everything.

Bob

Old 09-24-2006, 07:19 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Aluminum Roof

Just got home with Sunny from a weekend cowboy gun shoot. Thought I'd pop in to catch up on things. YIKES !!!, I'm sure glad I got my aluminum roof when I did, just pulled my invoice, 525 bucks. Wonder who is jacking up the price quote, the dealer or Sunline Coach ? If price quote is from dealer, I'd be placing a call to Sunline to get their price.

Kitty

Tom R if I do this right, here is alink to pics of my Sunny:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...83134192dRqhWr
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:47 PM   #10

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Hi Kitty,
I asked Sunline for pricing on custom work and was told the request for pricing of custom work had to be requested by the dealer. So I ask the dealer to get me a price and they came back with the $1700..way too much for me so I opted out.

Bob

Old 09-26-2006, 04:42 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Aluminum Roof Cost

Bob,
I sure can understand why you passed on the aluminum roof. Guess I have a "great, wonderful, fantastic" salesman. I better hang on to him. Sorry you had to pass on the roof, I sure love mine, every time I look out and see it shining, I know the extra $ was well spent. Just wait til Sunny gets his RV Port to park under, boy is this one spoiled RV !!!
Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote