Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #1

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
The Peepers are out

Last Thursday on the way home from work I heard the "Peepers" a chirping already. And there was the fresh scent of spring in the air.

I do not know if that is their name, it is a form of cricket (I think) and they chirp their hearts out and live near wet areas. They where always called Peepers back in NY. And they always seemed to mark when the weather broke to the early spring temperatures.

Back on the farm I would walk to the back orchard at night to pick up the tractor and walk by this one wet area in the summer. The sound was deafening it was so load. And if you make a really loud noise they all stop at once! Then once there is no more signs of danger, one makes a peep and then a 2nd and then you are back into a full blown symphony again...

This weekend we went out camping again. Friday night the Peepers where in full swing on the road into the CG. Saturday was nice (~ 47F) but Sunday was unbelievable... Came home and started to unload the camper and the temperatures where going up still. It hit 68F here

Here is a pic at the CG before we left yesterday morning.

After we unpacked I said, I need to clean the roof. The weather is way too nice not to take advantage of. The dirt was worse then normal this winter. Maybe it was the lack of snow to keep it down. So the roof is done. Now have all the sides to do.

Also noticed my awning is getting really ruogh along the seam that attaches to the awning rail. Last summer I put awning mending tape along the full length to help it and it did. But now the awning tape is cracking which I did not think happened... and there are spots beyond the tape that are starting to go. Looks like I will need to cut off a foot and re-sew the bead cord back on or time for a new awning fabric. Have to start the research on where to buy.

Hope you folks can get out soon. The weather is really strange this year but I'm not complaining. We have been able to camp at least once every month so far.

This is the more normal trend from years past.

Spring keep on coming!

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
I had a date with the Awesome yesterday - couldn't stand the black streaks any longer! We're really looking forward to our first trip in April.

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #3

SUN #3474
finski is an unknown quantity at this point
Spring Peepers are tiny tree frogs. We have a swamp near our cottage and they will be in there peeping by the thousands in early May (southern Ontario). A great sound.

Just bought my father-in-law's T2363 from his estate. I expect will be seeking advice a lot in next few months. Already found the manuals/files section
It will be used mostly for overflow at the cottage and while I do reno's there, but maybe we'll get the travel bug....
Old 03-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #4

SUN #89
Hi finski,

Thanks for the info on the Peepers..... It only took me a few years to learn this....LOL

Welcome to the club and congrats on your Sunline. Yes once you get bit with that camping bug, well the only way to get past the itch is to go out and camp!

Good luck with your camper.

John

Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #5

SUN #3387
1979Sunline is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
I had a date with the Awesome yesterday - couldn't stand the black streaks any longer! We're really looking forward to our first trip in April.
could i use purple power to get off the streaks? i have it laying around by the gallon
Old 03-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #6

SUN #3387
Quote:
Originally Posted by finski View Post
Spring Peepers are tiny tree frogs. We have a swamp near our cottage and they will be in there peeping by the thousands in early May (southern Ontario). A great sound.

Just bought my father-in-law's T2363 from his estate. I expect will be seeking advice a lot in next few months. Already found the manuals/files section
It will be used mostly for overflow at the cottage and while I do reno's there, but maybe we'll get the travel bug....
never knew that, always thought they were crickets
Old 03-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #7

SUN #809
ihsolutions
We are headed to Maumee bay state park in northern ohio tomorrow (Fri). The kids love the Toledo Zoo so that will probably be our Saturday activity. I just finished de-winterizing the Big Horn and all is well -- we are ready to roll! Never been camping this early, but two years ago we had an April similar to what we have this March, and it was spectacular.

This will be a good spring shake-down trip and a chance to tow the 5'er with the new truck. I can already tell, from limited towing, the advance in technology, ride quality, and power are remarkable vs the old garage queen, an 03 duramax.
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD D/A DRW, Classy Chassis Conversion, aka "Garage Queen II"
Hensley Trailersaver BD3 Air Hitch
ihsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #8

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979Sunline View Post
could i use purple power to get off the streaks? i have it laying around by the gallon
Chances are it'll harm the decals. As decals get more age/sun exposure, they become more easily damaged by cleaners. Awesome isn't easy on them either, but if you can hose it off right away, you should be ok. Also, older paints break down too, so you may see streaks in the paint or paint that gets removed from scrubbing a lot with the purple power.

If you do want to try it, try it in an area that isn't a big deal first.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #9

SUN #3387
ill just grab some black streak remover at walmart when i grab my rubber roof cleaner and conditioner
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #10

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979Sunline View Post
Do you mean the Purple Power ones uses in engine degreasing systems?

I used that last year cleaning up my sons tractor engine during a rebuild. For a water based cleaner I was amazed how well it did on the grease.

After seeing how well it did on cast iron and grease.... I would be cautious on the TT.

I use this treatment for the black streaks.

- Wet the camper with water.
- Spray on Awesome straight from the bottle.
- Only do an areas 3 x 3 or 2 x 2 feet, only enough you can keep up with.
- Use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to scrub with.
- Rinse real good as soon as you stop scrubbing.
- Move on to the next area.

If you let the stuff dry it bakes back in again.

I have some Korkay Cleaner I will try this spring to compare. http://www.korkay.com/brochures/196%...%20cleaner.pdf

Good luck

John