Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #1

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Tanks size questions

So I was thinking about the tank size in our Que. We have 27 gal fresh, 25 gal grey, and 13 gal black. I am not worried about the fresh, but I have some questions about the size of the grey and balck. Are they big enough? The grey water can be drained into a tank (can't it? I did on my PUP), so I am not worried about that too much. For those of you who have actuatlly camped in your Que, is the 13 gal black tank big enough? I am worried about those times we dry camp. Don't want to end up !

Old 03-22-2007, 10:04 AM   #2

SUN #115
emam
We dont own a Que, but I will say it all depends on how much you conserve and how long you camp for.

We can go for 5 days with no worries in our 2499TT, which has a 40 gallon grey and 40 gallons of Black? I think, but Sunline Fan will correct me if I'm wrong.....LMAO

You might want to check out www.irv2.com or www.rvnet.com and look under the boondocking forums as they give so many useful hints and tips on ways to stay out camping longer and ways to conserve water and waste useages.

We've found that wet wipes and the waterless anti-bacterial gels are great for conserving water when it comes to just cleaning up. We usually bring a few gallons of bottled water and as we use them for drinking, we refill them with water from a spigot to refill the toilet or for washing dishes while boondocking.

Good Luck

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #3

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Katheryn,

Like Pat said, it really depends on how long you plan on dry camping, the number of people, your water conservation, etc. The gray tank will probably fill up faster than the black. You’ll get a feel for how fast each will fill up after using it a few times.

We can fill up our gray tank after the morning showers. So we're not good dry campers.

What you may want to consider is buying a tote, they come in sizes from 12 to 35 gallons. This gives you the ability to dump either tank into the tote, and then take the tote to the dump station.
Here’s a link to Camping World for more info on totes http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...ks/prodID=6073

We have a tote and it has come in handy a few times.

Good Luck
Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:54 PM   #4

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with all the other suggestions. I just want to add that you may want to take out the Que for a weekend where you can have hook-ups, but still don't use them. My dad and I found that out with his toy hauler- It should have had a 150 gallon fresh water tank, but after a Friday night and Saturday of a weekend in the woods (no showers for anyone!), the fresh water was already down quite a bit. I never bothered to check to see how big the tank is, but I don't think its 150 gallons. If it is, we need to conserve water a lot more! We usually don't have an issue with the sewage tanks filling up until the end of the week. At that time, we dug a "pit" to dump the tanks. After all, we are in the middle of the woods. My 1550 never went up there, but the 2251 was really difficult to monitor the tank levels because it didn't have the system's monitor. In the Sunline's, the fresh tanks were only like 20 some gallons, so we took A LOT (5-6) of 5 gallon water jugs with us, and that's with minimal showers!

Pat, I'm not sure if you had your tanks enlarged at the factory, but the '07 2499 has a stock of 40 fresh, 35 gray, and 30 black. Fine, I'll admit I did have to look those up- I didn't know it off the top of my head . Thanks to http://www.sunlinerv.com/index.php/t...olaris_t_2499/

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote