Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #1

SUN #1632
WandaLust is an unknown quantity at this point
Tanks on the old 81 Sunline 16' TTs

I Googled in vain to find out how many gallons of water our little 1981 Sunline 15.5SB carries and how large the waste tank is. No booklets or pamphlets came with it. Where can this information be found? Norman? Don't you have the same TT?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Black: 8 gallons
Gray: 21 gallons
Fresh: 26 gallons

Can find it all in here:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/docs/81tt.pdf

The specs for Norm's '82 appear to be slightly different, I'm not sure how true that is though or if it's a mis-print.

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #3

SUN #1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
Black: 8 gallons
Gray: 21 gallons
Fresh: 26 gallons

Can find it all in here:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/docs/81tt.pdf

The specs for Norm's '82 appear to be slightly different, I'm not sure how true that is though or if it's a mis-print.

Jon
Thanks. That's exactly the info I wanted. :P
Old 03-19-2009, 06:35 AM   #4

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Water Capacity

We basically have the same fluid capacity.

We manage five days when we have a place to shower. The limit is the amount of water available and the capacity of the grey tank.

We can go a little longer if we dump the dish water down the toilet or outside.

The Black tank can last us a week.

18 - Fresh Water plus 6 in Hot Water
10 - Black
21 - Grey

When we're connected to water as we are now I dump every four-five days. We typically don't camp even with full hookups with either the grey or black valves open.

Norm Milliard
1982 Sunline 15SB
2004 Honda CRV
Old 03-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #5

SUN #1632
Re: Water Capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda03842
We basically have the same fluid capacity.

We manage five days when we have a place to shower. The limit is the amount of water available and the capacity of the grey tank.

We can go a little longer if we dump the dish water down the toilet or outside.

The Black tank can last us a week.

18 - Fresh Water plus 6 in Hot Water
10 - Black
21 - Grey

When we're connected to water as we are now I dump every four-five days. We typically don't camp even with full hookups with either the grey or black valves open.

Norm Milliard
1982 Sunline 15SB
2004 Honda CRV
Oh the toilet has a 10g tank? We wont be showering in the RV. We'll use the CG showers. I just wanted an idea on the size of the tanks. We're also taking more disposable stuff with us this year so less dish and utensil washing. I also bought 2 dishpans so any graywater can be dumped outside.

Do you travel with your clean water tank full or fill up when you get to your destinations?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:45 AM   #6

SUN #292
Showers

We typically use the campground showers as well.

When we travel we always carry at least a half tank of water. If we are going to a place without water we travel with a full tank.

Even when you're camped in a full service campground the water system sometimes fails, we've had it happen twice this year with two campground waterline breaks.

As well often when winter camping it's necessary to disconnect you're input water line due to night time freezing conditions.

Another benefit of disconnecting your external water line in freezing weather is that it depressurizes your internal waterlines, leaving a small additional margin for freezing of internal water lines.

We once froze the waterlines input waterlines inside our Bounder with out any breaks. I suspect we were ok because the lines weren't pressurized.

Norm Milliard
Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #7

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda~Lust
I also bought 2 dishpans so any graywater can be dumped outside.
Many campgrounds frown on that plus it is illegal in some states including NY.

Quote:
Do you travel with your clean water tank full or fill up when you get to your destinations?
We always travel with our fresh water tank at least 1/3 full. Never know when you might need to wash your hands, flush the toilet, water the dog, etc.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #8

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road

Quote:

We do both depending on the camp or time of day. Going to a park with known unpleasing water, we bring our own. On parks with known good tasting water we fill up at the park. When we fill up at the part, we "always" use a filter. The amount of sediment and rust in CG's can be shocking

When we travel in to camp on a Friday night late, we sometime haul form home to save time with camp setup. Now that we have the new camper and truck the additional water weight is not a problem.

At our State Parks they have a special gray water drain post every so many campsites. Sometimes they are hooked to a collection tank, other times to a crushed stone bed. Point is they provide CG wide gray water collection spots that is normally aimed at the tenters but all can use for dish water etc.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #9

SUN #1632
Re: Showers

Quote:
We typically use the campground showers as well.

When we travel we always carry at least a half tank of water. If we are going to a place without water we travel with a full tank.

Even when you're camped in a full service campground the water system sometimes fails, we've had it happen twice this year with two campground waterline breaks.

As well often when winter camping it's necessary to disconnect you're input water line due to night time freezing conditions.

Another benefit of disconnecting your external water line in freezing weather is that it depressurizes your internal waterlines, leaving a small additional margin for freezing of internal water lines.

We once froze the waterlines input waterlines inside our Bounder with out any breaks. I suspect we were ok because the lines weren't pressurized.

Norm Milliard

Good advice and it makes sense. I don't think we'll be doing any cold weather camping though. We plan to start in late April after the last freeze here in middle TN.

Doesn't the heat from the camper keep the lines from freezing? They seem to be under the bed and sink. I haven't looked underneath to see if any are exposed.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #10

SUN #1632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Collins
Quote:
I also bought 2 dishpans so any graywater can be dumped outside.
Many campgrounds frown on that plus it is illegal in some states including NY.

Quote:
We always travel with our fresh water tank at least 1/3 full. Never know when you might need to wash your hands, flush the toilet, water the dog, etc.
We wouldn't dump gray-water where it isn't allowed. Having the fresh water tank part full does sound like a good idea.

I don't understand what kind of toilet we have. It doesn't seem to be connected to the water supply. It sits on a tank (waste tank?) and has a black-water outlet to dump that tank. I wish we had gotten the book with it as we did when we bought the Dodge Xplorer. It's different than the one we had in the Xplorer.

Norm... does this toilet need water or chemicals added?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:51 AM   #11

SUN #292
Water and Toilet

The water lines in your trailer are very safe as long as you have heat on. The lines that froze in my rig were in my motor home.

Generally when we travel we don't have our heat on at night, we use an electric blanket at night. However, though the rig gets cold, we have not had the internal temperature drop below freezing though the outside temperature has been well below freezing. The Sunline's pipes are relatively safe.

The outside hose is another matter. We always disconnect if there's any chance of overnight freezing. We have had a hose destroyed by freezing.

You are correct about the toilet; it does sit on top of the black tank. It is connected to the water line at the rear of the toilet. Water to the toilet is controlled by the first little lever on the right rear corner of the trailer. The bigger lever flushes it.

It's possible to download the manual for your toilet, actually this is true for practically every appliance in the trailer. I'll look later and see if I have the toilet manual.

We do carry chemicals with us for the toilet. We use TST RV toilet treatment and buy it at Walmarts. We use it probably every other dump period.

The use of chemical treatments is a sticky subject. People use all kinds of 'stuff' and I don't have a real basis for what I do.

Norm Milliard
Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #12

SUN #1632
Re: Water and Toilet

Quote:
The water lines in your trailer are very safe as long as you have heat on. The lines that froze in my rig were in my motor home.

Generally when we travel we don't have our heat on at night, we use an electric blanket at night. However, though the rig gets cold, we have not had the internal temperature drop below freezing though the outside temperature has been well below freezing. The Sunline's pipes are relatively safe.

The outside hose is another matter. We always disconnect if there's any chance of overnight freezing. We have had a hose destroyed by freezing.

You are correct about the toilet; it does sit on top of the black tank. It is connected to the water line at the rear of the toilet. Water to the toilet is controlled by the first little lever on the right rear corner of the trailer. The bigger lever flushes it.

It's possible to download the manual for your toilet, actually this is true for practically every appliance in the trailer. I'll look later and see if I have the toilet manual.

We do carry chemicals with us for the toilet. We use TST RV toilet treatment and buy it at Walmarts. We use it probably every other dump period.

The use of chemical treatments is a sticky subject. People use all kinds of 'stuff' and I don't have a real basis for what I do.

Norm Milliard
It's highly unlikely we'd get caught in freezing temperatures since we'll be doing warm-weather camping. I would camp in winter but my better half doesn't find the idea appealing. We'll be carrying a cheap lightweight electric heater for those chilly summer nights up north. No use using the furnace since the CGs include electricity.

Since we have chemicals left over from the Xplorer, we'll use them up and if there's no odor problems without them when they're gone, I'd rather pass.