Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #1

SUN #742
cradawg
Sunline's in the Southeast......

For you folks that live in the south, where did you have to go to find your camper? Sunline's seem to be few and far between around here. Yesterday I drove all the way to just south of Lexington, Kentucky(I live south of Atlanta) to buy a 2553 that I found on craigslist. The seller assured me the camper was in excellent condition. When I got there I discovered that the camper had severe damage, and had been repaired by the seller. It was a big dissappointment to drive that far and find that I had been mislead. I'm sure that some of you have driven a good ways to pick up your camper. I was just wondering what my best bet was to find one of these campers.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #2

SUN #695
minidiesel
I found mine at North Gate RV Center here in Chattanooga. Had been looking for a good used and good priced (Hard to find both) camper for about a year. Stopped by one Saturday to see what they had and saw the Sunline in the wash area. It was a trade in that they had not even cleaned up yet. I had never seen or even heard of a Sunline but I really liked the quality compared to almost all the other campers that I had looked at. Put $200 down and told them to call me when they had it cleaned up and checked out.
Do not know if I got a good deal or not (my luck is Not) there is no other Sunline's in this area to compare. She is a 2002, 267SR that I had to give $11,400 for plus T&T. I am happy with the purchase because we were getting tired of looking time after time for one we liked.

Good luck with your hunt.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #3

SUN #680
dkasten39828 is an unknown quantity at this point
We were VERY lucky to find the 2499 we have. We had just started looking to replace our 9-year old popup with "a camper with a bathroom".

A camping friend told us about this Sunline that he knew about and put us in touch with the family that owned it up in north Georgia. I had never heard of Sunline myself.

After some research (much of it thru this website), we drove up from south Georgia and checked it out. Great floorplan for the two of us. A hardly used 2004 Solaris SE T-2499 with MANY options, including a Hensley Arrow hitch & a set of McKesh mirrors.

It was a bit larger and heavier than we had been looking for, especially since we were just coming from a popup camper, but we had a big enough tow vehicle and the price was hard to beat. $6500 later, it was ours.

It needs some TLC and some minor fiberglass repair but we've had it out twice now and it's great. Matter of fact, it's in the shop right now getting the body work done and the systems checked.

We saw a Sunline 2553 go thru the Camping World RV sales lot in Tallahassee, FL about 3 months ago, so they DO appear from time to time in the south. Just keep looking...
5.3 liter V8, 3.73LS, Prodigy, Hensley Arrow
2004 Sunline Solaris SE T-2499 #5527
dkasten39828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Cradawg,

Not sure what size Sunline your looking for nor your price range, but look in the Sunlines for Sale section of this site and you'll see a fantastic deal on a brand new, top of the line 2753 for sale. It's never been used and stored in an RV Port. It's posted by Green Willow in Georgia

If that don't help you, just keep search the sale ads and if something interests you, as for lots of pictures before you venture too far to see it.

Trust me the time and your patience locating a Sunline will be well worth the effort. Thes Coaches are made to stand the test of time with proper routine maintenance.

Good Luck, and let the group know if you need any help,

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #5

SUN #1632
WandaLust is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sunline's in the Southeast......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradawg
For you folks that live in the south, where did you have to go to find your camper? Sunline's seem to be few and far between around here. Yesterday I drove all the way to just south of Lexington, Kentucky(I live south of Atlanta) to buy a 2553 that I found on craigslist. The seller assured me the camper was in excellent condition. When I got there I discovered that the camper had severe damage, and had been repaired by the seller. It was a big dissappointment to drive that far and find that I had been mislead. I'm sure that some of you have driven a good ways to pick up your camper. I was just wondering what my best bet was to find one of these campers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We found ours through Craig's list also. We drove about 60 miles south of where we live in TN to look at it. The man also lied to us telling us it only needed a hood fan and water pump... yeah right. When we got it home we found it also needed a new battery charger, battery (the new one he put in was dead/ruined) and four of the window shades were shot although new. There is a water leak at the tank so we have to replace one of the hoses. He must have aired it well before we got there because when we got it home it smelled like a wet dog and the fridge, although looking clean - stunk! Slowly we'll get her back in shape for camping. The water pump was replaced and my husband ordered the charger/power supply. The shades were removed and I made curtains for it. When it's done I'll post some pics here. I'm also making a curtain to seperate the "bedroom" area from the rest for more privacy and so the light from my reading wont keep my DH awake.

Don't believe anything they tell you over the phone. Most I found are not entirely honest.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #6

SUN #742
cradawg
Thanks for the all of the info and helpful advice. I will keep checking the for sale section here. I have seen a few in FL and AL that I might be interested in, but hate to drive that far just to look. I also don't want to pull the trigger on the first one I see. Maybe with a little patience one will show up not to far from me.

I think I'm probably most interested in the 2753. I definately want a rear bedroom, and preferably pass through bath. I have not ruled out the slide with the front kitchen. Budget is 10k tops.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #7

SUN #287
nickster60
Florida is one of those places there are lots of RV's for sale. I got mine there but I do live here so it makes it a bit easier. The economy in Fl isnt good so you could probaly cut a good deal it might be worth the ride. Got mine at RV world.

nickster60 is offline   Reply With Quote