Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #1

SUN #311
Gaelen
Sunline Spotting at Sampson State Park

The last weekend in September is a big dog show at Sampson State Park, over 500 campers in RVs of all types and tents. One day while I was heading out of my camping loop and up to the rings, I looked to the right and saw a very old Sunline Saturn parked at the base of the overflow camping area. The next day it was still there, so I stopped by and knocked on the door. It was owned by an older couple who very sweetly gave me a tour. The striping was 1980s two-tone orange, and it said Saturn on the side. The door was at the very back to the left of the single wheel axle, galley to the left of the door as you walked in, shower and toilet directly ahead and two facing couches...it looked very similar to the 12MC floorplan.

I didn't want to intrude by taking pictures, but it's the very first Sunline I've ever seen that was anywhere close to as little as my Sunspot. I did sketch how the banquette seemed to 'nest' so that if pulled out it became a bed; it would be a nice way to put a larger bed in the Sunspot.

my Life Out Loud blog
Gaelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #2

SUN #311
Gaelen
Jon, my floorplan sketch was a little hurried, and I don't think it was exactly the 1350...but wasn't sure when I looked at the plans files that it was a 1250 either. The gentleman had been napping, and I really didn't want to disturb them. The wife said they'd gotten it direct from the Sunline factory about 10 years ago, refurbished, and chose that size because they could easily manage it alone. They were towing it with a Subaru. They couldn't exactly remember whether it was an '85 or '86, but it definitely said Saturn in a Sunline factory logo by the door, which was on the passenger side closer to the rear of the trailer than to the front. Does that help?

There were two other 80s Sunlines in my loop--one was around 22 foot, and it looked in need of some love. The other belongs to a woman I've known a really long time--no idea she had a Sunline and kept meaning to ask her if I could 'tour' it. Hers is maybe a 15 footer--but I will run into her at the next local show and plan to ask her all sorts of questions.

We have an eclectic loop, everything from 45 foot diesel touring buses to a Boler and an ancient pop up trailer that was literally only about 6 1/2 feet long when folded up and ready to be towed. The owner could tow it with her Saturn (vehicle).

my Life Out Loud blog
Old 10-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #3

SUN #311
Gaelen
Man, I wish I'd been able to get back to it to take pictures, Jon.
By the time I got back from the rings, they were packed up and gone (it was the last day.) My sketch is so hurried that it's not enough info to go on.

Next time I will be better about pix, I promise!
my Life Out Loud blog