Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-02-2020, 10:03 PM   #1

SUN #10989
Kaajot is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sunline Classic without Title -- how to move?

Hi-

I'm buying a second Sunline, a 1988 Sunline Classic -- believe it's 22' long.

The owner has no title, and the outside is a gem, but the inside is in the midst of a remodel with all the demo really done and some new boards down.

Question is, it's in Vermont, about 5.6 hours away from my New York location. My goal is to move it to Michigan, add a new waterproof LVP floor, fix up the walls with some decent insulation and wood work, etc and replace the water tank (old one is broken, likely froze and bust) so that water system works. May add a composting toilet or just make an outhouse at the lot it's going to sit on.

What's the best way to get this thing moved legally? It has working brakes, good tires, and the lights work except I believe either a short or new bulb needed one one directional -- very easy to fix, my wiring harness on my truck works so it'll be a quick fix and troubleshoot.

I've looked and there are single move permits in VT, NY has 1-way temporary transfer registrations (ferrying), and Michigan allows you to at least drive to the nearest CAT station to get a trailer (Camper) weighed, but with the pandemic messing with the Secretary of States/DMVs, this is quite a cunundrum. Also, it doesn't have a Title -- I'm hoping the hull has a VIN located somewhere so I can offer the camper's number, year, make/model and empty trailer weight based on its previous configuration before gutting.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:40 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think VT cares about the title just the money it generates so I'm thinking apply for VT title and reg then title it inNY when you get it there with a VT title.

Tags
moving a camper, no title, temporary permit, temporary registration