Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #1

SUN #162
covenantbro
Suggestions for Mounting 15' LCD TV

I would like some suggestions for mounting my 15' LCD TV. I have the T2499 2007 TT. When ever my DW and I travel we disconnect the TV and store it in a cabinet to protect it from falling. I would like to mount the TV on the wall above the entertainment center, then I can use the the intended TV space for additional counter top space when cooking and etc.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #2

SUN #115
emam
Check out our gallery and see how we mounted ours. This is an option and the only thing I would recommend is to make sure you hit a stud and use strong lag bolts.

I took the smallest bit I could find and drilled across the wall till I knew exactly where the stud was. Remember that these are only 2x2's and not to use too long of a bolt! You dont want to pop out the fiberglass on the outside. I had to use an outside wall to find a good mounting point as most of the inside walls are just paneling and any size bolt will pull out causing a large hole and probably a broken Television.

Here is a link to the photo gallery of our 23" LCD and how we mounted it
http://www.everymilesamemory.com/gal....php?g2_page=2

Hope that helps. Make sure you check out the mounts you're going to use and I wouldnt recommend getting a inexpensive one. I think the mount I bought is a little over kill for how small the Plasma is, but so far in a few thousand miles of travel, it hasnt loosened a bit and the swivel capabilities are great.

One other thing, If we could have done it over, we would have lowered it a bit, as sitting on the couch or recliner, your neck cramps after looking up for the length of a full movie. Oh Well, you live and learn!

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote