Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #21

SUN #307
purplesuebug
I've made reservations for at least one outing per month for the summer. In case anyone wants to know, we will be................

Apr.........Tygart Lake State Park, WV 4 days
May.........Locust Lake State Park, PA 4 days
Jun..........Buttonwood of course,PA 4 days
Jul...........Blue Knob State Park, PA 4 days
Aug.........Trough Creek State Park, PA 4 days
Sep.........Black Hills, SD 7 days
Oct..........Bald Eagle State Park, PA 5 days

We hope to add some others in there as well, but these have already been reserved. Sadly, we are not taking the camper to SD. Instead, we are taking the Mothers (Mine & Sue's). We rented a cabin in the Black Hills and we be flying into Rapid City. My mother has never flown and Sue's mom has only flown a couple times. Wish me luck.......a wife and 2 moms for 7 days, ugh!!!!!!!

Marshall

purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
OH Marshall, you're a BRAVE man I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. There is so darn much to see and do in the Black Hills. When in Custer state park, make sure you drive the "wildlife" loop, you'll be amazed at the number of buffalo. I have driven it in the am & pm, and in the late afternoon it was wonderful as the hundreds of buffalo were all "herding" together to head to their favorite night time resting spot. Also keep a keen eye out for the mountain goats, sheep and the begging burros. THe burros are on the road with the 3 small tunnels that frame Mt. Rushmore as you head towards it. OH, and then there is the one where there is a real narrow tunnel to go thru. OH HECK just drive every road in the park, then you WON'T MISS ANYTHING !!! The Badlands are worth a drive thru, and a quick stop off at "Wall Drug" famous tourist trap type place, but still worth a quick stop. Drive over to Deadwood (parking may be an issue there), but a neat place to walk around. A drive thru Sturgis, not a lot going on there unless it's "Bike Rally Time", then CROWDED. Wind Cave Nat. Park is a nice ride, lots of prarie dogs everywhere. OH, shoot, can I just stop drooing and join ya'll ?

OH, one thing that I think is worth the price is Bear Country in Rapid City. It's a drive thru park full of lots of different types of wildlife. Wait til you have to wait for bears to get out of your way, or walk right under your outside mirror.

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:59 AM   #23

SUN #408
partimcmpr
I made my first 08 reservation in the fall of 07 for Top Sail St Park in Florida for April. We just got back from a GA ralley in Perry Ga and have plans for another one in May. Our plans are to look for a light weekend in March for somewhere in mid-GA. I need to get some weekends booked for the mountains soon or all the summer weekends will be booked!

Thanks for the reminder....

Later,
David
2006 Sunline T2553 Classic
https://dbmcbride.com/stttv.gif
partimcmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
HappyCampers is an unknown quantity at this point
Well we made our reservations for the Rally at Buttonwood, and our 10 days at the Jersey shore in August. Besides that I won't really make any other reservations, other than for the 4th of July and Labor Day. We mainly go to the same resort every other week all Spring, Summer and Fall. I make reservations there from week to week. We generally go to the local Drag Strip every Memorial Day with our friends, it's one of the rare instances I dry camp. He has a drag car, and I have the lodging, it's a blast. We camp all Week-end, and we race on Sunday and Monday.

2003 F-304SR (Last Sunline "The Big One")
1985 T-1650 (Current Sunline)
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 HO Cummins
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote