Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #21

SUN #10
wagonman76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty
[color=blue]Mom & I traveled many a mile in our little 1987 T-1661 tugged it around with a 1999 GMC Jimmy. Not sure I'd want to tow it with less vehicle though.

As for ventilation, there are plenty of windows on this little trailer, though they are arranged different that on the 1550, I believe you'll get the same ventilation.

Nice pics Kitty! That's such a spittin image of mine it makes me wanna go camping right now.

Same color and same color stripes. I've still got the factory body color wheels, but my stripes faded off the door too. I've still got the factory fabric, but I like your floral print with unicorns in it.

My TV and VCR are in the same spot and about the same size. My microwave is in the same spot. It also looks like you took a paper towel holder and mounted it vertically to the right of the kitchen window, exactly like I did.

We use the toilet in ours once in awhile. We use the shower for storage, mainly keeping a laundry basket in there for dirty clothes.

1989 Sunline Saturn T-1661
wagonman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #22

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wagonman76

We're on the road in our Sunline for another 6 weeks and then we're home for the summer. Again today at the campground dinner someone was interested in our small trailer. By a factor of two we are the smallest trailer in the park.

People are looking for small, light trailers that are towable by reasonable sized and cost effective vehicles, particularly with the new and coming fuel price increases. It continues to amaze me how effective the design of these small Sunlines are and equally amazing that something 28 years old works today.

We hope to be a little bigger next year and still be able to tow it with the Honda. We hope to add 7 feet to our rig this summer, providing us with a walk around bedroom, deciding to plan for older age (we're already old) when climbing over will be more difficult.

The walk around bed has some advantages in addition to easy access, four draws out the back for outside storage (chairs, Hookup stuff, small grill), 3 draws on each side of the bed for clothing and bedroom stuff, and two draws out the foot that open to the kitchen for bulk kitchen storage. The bed would be higher than normal to provide more under bed storage.

The new kitchen will be L shaped adding 4 feet of additional counter space to our already generous 39 inches. The new counter makes up the leg of the L and also contains a large pantry. It will hang over the foot of the bed.

The front dinette space will be 5 feet deep, some 20 inches longer than the existing space, it's configuration is undecided.

We're also trying to figure out how to make it a little taller.

Ambitious summer building plans with great hope it will be ready for our fall Escape to the Southwest.

Safe travels to all and warm weather is coming,

Honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:31 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman76
I've still got the factory body color wheels, but my stripes faded off the door too. I've still got the factory fabric, but I like your floral print with unicorns in it.
I can't locate a downloaded photo, BUT I did re-paint the door stripes, and they came out fantastic. I purchased the auto dupli-color in the spray cans. Got a burgundy & blue that basically matched perfectly. Used paint tape to mask off the stripes, and took lots of care to make sure I had the tape "firmly & completely" pressed into every dimple, so the paint would not run where I didn't want it to be. Then it was time to paint, had to do one color at a time and allow for drying of first color, but it it was well work the time it took me. It REALLY made the trailer look fantastic.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #24

SUN #1365
backline1995 is an unknown quantity at this point
We are new RVer's having just bought a 1991 T1661. I love this little trailer, it has been kept in almost immaculate condition! We just took it for our first trip, to Turkey Run State Park in Indiana (beautiful State Park!). Had a great time and looking forward to our next outing !! Might see about posting some pics here soon
Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Backline,

Welcome to the group and congrats on your Sunline purchase. That is a pretty neat, handy floorplan. I did a "few" mods to mine to make it more user friendly.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #26

SUN #1365
backline1995 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank You ! What mods did you do? We (well Tom did) replaced all the exterior lights with led's, added a vent cover, re-sealed the roof, added a spare tire with cover & holder, replaced exterior electrical cover and the fresh water inlet, replaced & repacked the wheel bearings. As of yet, really the only thing we have done on the inside is replace the mirrors.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #27
Ray

SUN #1527
Ray is an unknown quantity at this point
Kitty, How do you keep your micro-wave from moving around when towing?
I can't see if you've got some sort of clamps or not.
I got a cubby for a microwave w/outlet but don't want to use it for that.
Thanks,
Ray
'07 Ram Quad, Hemi, 20" GoodYears, 3:92axle
'08 Kawasaki Brute Force 750
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #28

SUN #1004
Khrtl
Good Morning ALL
Kathy and I are faily new at this RV stuff...we've been sailers for 30 years...actually lived aboard our 28' O'day and sailed south along the East coast from MA to TX. All this with a geriatric dachshund.
We bought the T1950 last year and are enjoying it...it's spacious compared to our previous Scamp 13' and ( I'm 6'5" and I could not stretch out in the bed) boats!!
We pull out camper with a 2004 Dodge Dakota with the 3.7l V-6....it requires that we be out od OD and that of course affects the fuel economy but we need to slow our lives down,anyway!
This winter we intend to do much more camping than last year...I'll re-pack the bearings and have the roof professionally checked... All-in-all, we love the smaller unit and wouldn't trade up for anythings...this is just to simple and accomodating!