Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
Sliding Table T2499

Howdy folks;
Happy New Year;
We were just eating dinner in the TT and that sliding table in the T2499 keeps sliding. Has anyone tried stopping it? We have some ideas like a hole in the track to put a pin in. Maybe a clap on the track to hold it? Thanks for the help I know I will get

Ted

Old 12-29-2006, 06:14 PM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW - we have a sliding table in our 1950 ......we play many card & board games at nite at the table and truthfully have never noticed that it slides!

Now I have to wait until May to see if it does slide!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #3

SUN #78
tedontario
Sliding table

Thanks Kathy & Leo
Very happy New Year to you both. Once we set it up it slides very easily
Thanks for the reply.
Now you can wonder until May
Old 12-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Ted,

I have an early 06 model 2499, and have a little trouble with the table sliding. Of course me bumping into it causes some of the sliding. Mine has the "single" folding leg, where as some of the newer Sunlines have the table with the leg that looks like a "T" at the top and bottom. I am currently trying to obtain one of the "T" legs as I feel it would be more stable than the single pole. I haven't looked, but would it be possible to just krimp the track a bit tighter to prevent the sliding? Otherwise, your idea of a pin is good, BUT, check to see what damage could be caused "IF" the pin is not removed BEFORE the table is slid.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #5

SUN #78
tedontario
Sliding Table T2499

Hi Kitty;
Happy New Year;
I was thinking it would be good if it had a V shaped piece of wood etc at top or bottom. DW and I do LOTS of wood work and so maybe thats the route we will go. For now Judy and I may sit on one side or each on a side and if someone leans on the table then the leg angles left or right and we do not want to break it off.
Right now the weather is mild here so since we just came home from shopping then we are on the way outto Sunny with Coffee. 6C=44F
Ted
Old 12-30-2006, 07:05 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Ted

I do believe your table is the same as ours.

Everyone uses their camper different. In our case DW uses the couch and I use the swivel rocker. Sitting down to eat was sort of a challange until you figured out a method. We actually slide our table on purpose a lot and pining it would be an issue for us the way we us it.

I know this sounds, well (you have to be kidding me) but this is what we do.

We slide the table, dishes, coffee in the mug on and all, way to one side. For now let's say DW is going to sit at couch first. So we slide it to the rocker area so she can get in.

She sits down nice and easy now to get to on the couch and then I slide it way towards her. Actually it is now to close to here to eat at, but it is only for a moment.

I then "work" "hop' "shimmy" the rocker with me in it towards where I need to end up. I know, what a site.... After doing this enough times I have memorized the relationship of the arm of the rocker to the location on the back wall so I do it on the first try. I have tried the, put it in the right place first and pivot in, and it works some times. We sort of do a combo of both. But the table is still out of the way to get in.

Then DW slides the table back to me and it is now in the right place to dine.

The swivel rocker presents a challange as it is not like a normal table chair that you just pull up to where ever the table is.

If during the meal, Cindy needs to get up, Well....we just slide the table way into my area, she gets out, does her thing and comes back and we slide again back in the middle.

So as you can see in our case, we slide all the time.

If ANYONE has figured out a better method, PLEASE explain.... It took us a while to come up with this that works even if it is not ideal. I really would like too find a better method , but have not as of yet.

I have not noticed that it slides when we do not want it to. It moves easy, just it has not shown up as an issue "yet" at least the way we use it.

Since you are a wood worker kind of guy, I would go that route before I would drill a hole and pin. Actually need something that can be set (clamp) in any location. That way it is infinitely adjustable.

Maybe something like a large spring clamp OR a large binder clip. Basically something you clamp on each end of the table OR attach it on a wood block and only have on one end, and you just squeeze clamp, slide to where ever you want it and lock in place.

Kitty's comment on the T shaped foot. Mine does not have that, BUT an idea I may expand on. I may take a piece of 1 1/2 or 1" thick pine maybe 6 inches long, bore a blind hole in it the size of the pole and, attach the block foot to the pole. It would provide some more anti wiggle. The block would have to be thin enough to still fold up with the table.

OH while we are on this. On the swivel rocker. I'm a 6 foot guy and it was to low for me to eat at the table. I installed a block of 2 x 4 between the swivel mount and the chair frame to boost it up and 1 1/2". Now much better.

EDIT 1-4-06 Added pic of swivel rocker height fix

Hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi John,
Good idea about the wood to create a "t" on the table leg. Also, the tip on how to raise the height of the rocker, BUT, I got rid of my rocker for a "Glider Rocker with matching glider ottoman. Here are some photos, Hope this link works:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...83134192dRqhWr

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #8

SUN #125
1boomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty
, BUT, I got rid of my rocker for a "Glider Rocker with matching glider ottoman. Here are some photos, Hope this link works:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...83134192dRqhWr

Kitty
Kitty ... That glider rocker looks like something we need. Is it also a recliner?
Would you tell us where you found it?
Thanks