Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-07-2007, 07:22 AM   #1

SUN #4
sunlineclub
Site's New Look

How does everyone like the new look of the site? A big thank you goes out to our web developer Victoria Lantz at http://www.VictoriaLantz.com. She did a great job with my limited budget! And to Jon (Sunline Fan) for the wonderful Sunline Owner's Club logo.

And I am so excited to see how the site has grown. These forums have such helpful posts and we have grown the file section of the site to almost 75 files. Plus more are on the way.

And now more about budgets...

We of course have no membership fees for this group, but I do have some expenses in keeping SunlineClub.com going. Site hosting fees, domain registration, programming charges, etc. (My husband can't understand why I am spending my own money to do this!)

How can you help? Visit our advertisers on a regular basis or make a contribution, no matter how small, through the Support button at the top of the page or via http://www.SunlineClub.com/support.html.

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #2

SUN #196
tinybluetj
HA! HA! I love the new look. I had joined just a day or two before the change, and I thought maybe I was mistaken, and I just did not look hard enough on my first few visits! (I thought I was going crazy! )

I had a thought about funding. Is there a place (like 'cafe press', I think) where we can get hats and/or shirts (or can koozies! ) with a Sunline Owners Club Logo? Or maybe organize a "once a year" group buy or something? That might get the site some income.

Also, I camp with other groups, who, when camping, the "organization" caters a dinner and charges the antendees a "attendance fee" to cover the costs. You add a few bucks onto the catering costs for each atendee, and there you have it.

I think that the forum will continue to grow over the years, as the coaches become more, uh.."vintage", shall we say? (Just look at the Apache sites!) It is funny, for a small site, this has become the first place I look at everyday! (And I have never even camped in a Sunline yet! )

Kathryn

Old 03-07-2007, 08:34 AM   #3

SUN #4
sunlineclub
Thanks, Kathryn. The logo items are a great idea! I'll get that set up ASAP.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #4

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
What a pleasant surprise! The new look is fantastic, very current, yet still keeps the nostalgic content. Thanks for the time spent designing the logo Jon.
Rich
Old 03-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Sarah

The new look is cool.

I also noticed that the hot links (Url's) have changed. They use to show up in light blue so you knew it was a hot link. Now the only way one knows is to run the mouse over it and the pointing finger shows up.

Since we can edit the words in the hot link to show up like part of a sentence, verses the real long site path, it can be missed that there is a hot link there. Sort of like this Press here for Yahoo

Am I doing something wrong to not create the light blue background? It use to show, now it does not.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #6

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the kind comments. Watch for possibly a new header pic in a few days. I sent Sarah a new one after I saw this and made a few changes. The original logo that I designed looked like this: I added a bar to the original Sunline logo (from '95-'99) to include www.sunlineclub.com, but once it was sized down, that didn't show up.

Here is the redesigned version with that bar missing completely, which looks a lot more like the original Sunline logo: (I added in some striping onto the trailer door too)

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #7

SUN #132
Makers Mark
A great job on the web page the logo is wonderful. I also like the idea of marketing the logo. I will have to add to the camping wardrobe for this summer. Just two points. 1) It would be great to have a decal available of the club logo so we could display on the back of our coaches. 2) I would like to donate for the cause, but I don't do pay pal. Could the "support us" link have at least a po box or other method to send donations?
Absolutley a great job and I really appreciate your time and investment to this project. In light of what has happened in Denver PA this group is going to be the most valuable asset we Sunline owners have since we bought our coaches.
Many thanks and best regards,
MM
2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #8

SUN #53
irishguy101
Great Job, You made it Great, my hats off to you. Thank You.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 AM   #9

SUN #21
donreitz
Wow. I go away for awhile and come back to a site even cooler than the original. Is my understanding correct that this is a one-woman operation? Amazing. The logo is very hip too. Let's all visit the SunlincClub shop.
Don
donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #10

SUN #4
sunlineclub
Yes, I'm the one-woman in this one-woman operation! Thanks for all of the kind words.

And on John's comments about links not showing up, our web programmer Victoria, tells me this has now been fixed. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Here's a test...

http://www.SunlineClub.com

Sarah
Old 03-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #11

SUN #62
rich2500
new look is awesome keep up the great job and thank you much
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #12

SUN #149
nasa42a
Sunline Club/Sarah....

I was gone for 2 weeks & almost didn't know the place when I returned! New website (beautiful), club shop (wow!)....

Absolutely great work.

Frank
nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #13

SUN #115
emam
My Hats off to You Sunline Sarah!!

We had been away from a Internet Connection for the past few days and when we came back, I thought I linked to the wrong place.

As someone who had to learn how to build a website and maintain it for our trip, I never knew you were doing all this on your own!! Great Job and Good Job to Sunline Fan for making the new logo.

We'll have to order some decals for the back of the coach to support the cause.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote