Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #1

SUN #104
murc
Should We buy now?

WE have been looking to purchase a T264SR for some time. We recently put down a deposit for an April 07 delivery, only to get a call from our dealer with the bad news,they have ceased operations and he will not be able to deliver our trailer.

We have since located the exact unit we ordered on a lot quite some distance from where we live (3 hours). WE like the unit very much but are reluctant to purchase a trailer from a company that no longer exists.
The dealer said he would honor the full warranty but again we are 3 hours away from them.
Please any thoughts?

PS the dealer wants 22k sound too rich under the circumstances?

Mike & Anne

* This post was edited 11/18/06 07:56pm by murc *

Old 11-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #2

SUN #53
irishguy101
As I said Go for it, A Sunline is a Sunline Its a GREAT Unit, I would recommend them to anyone even now.
As for Price if you are happy with it that is what is important.

Old 11-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #3

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunline - buy now?

I responded over on RV.net forum and simply stated, YES - get a bigger discount IF the unit is a stock item, get the warranty in writing!

We've never had to return to our dealer (who also went out of business) for anything - warranty or not!!!

Our unit is very well built and we are totally staisfied wiht our 2006 - T1950!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
I myself would have no reservations in getting it. Got for it. The camper is so well built that the appliances are the only issues and they should I think be covered under the orig manf. And if the dealer is warranting it, then he too knows there will be little issue on the camper. His risk is low.

I drove 4 1/2 hours to get mine and would again in a heart beat.

If you really like the unit, the price is in line and will not matter. +

Think of it this way. You just had your new house built and the builder went out of business. What would you do? Well you would just live in it and life goes on. In this case the camper is on wheels. Still built well and will last a long time and have great camping times in it. Any RV repair place will be more than glad to service your quality unit if you are not into doing your own repairs.. .

Let us know how you make out.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:46 PM   #5
PRS

SUN #109
PRS
Should we buy now?

I had a 2007 T-2363 on order at a dealer in Pennsylvania ordered on Nov.3rd. Originally I was told that it would take 8 to 10 weeks to get. The dealer called back in four days and said that a unit was coming off of the line at the end of the week with the same equipment and options that I had ordered. I was estatic! Then he called on Friday, Nov. 17th,and gave me the bad news about Sunline going into receivership and shutting down. Since there will no longer be a warranty through Sunline, I don't know whether to accept delivery or not. (The dealer in Pennsylvania would be willing to do the warranty work, if any is needed) but the problem is, I live in Maine about 12 hours away, so I'm not sure what I should do at this point.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:24 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcme to our group, glad to have you join us. As for the 2363, GO FOR IT !!!! Sunlines are know for quality, seldom is there a problem with the "build" of the unit. Maybe a quirk with an appliance, but that is covered under that warranty. How long is the warranty that you get with a house? AND, I'll bet you there are more problems with a house than there will ever be with a Sunline. Take the plunge and start enjoying one of the best TT's out there. Poor management does not mean the fine folks at Sunline build junkie units. I'm still hoping some of the original Sunline family somehow manages to buy back the comapny as they still own the property & buildings. Keep us posted about your decision!

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #7

SUN #104
murc
Thanks to All

WE want to thank everyone who responded to our inquiery on buying a Sunline. All of your comments were truly helpfull. What a great community you have here!

WE have taken the plunge and purchased a 264SR!

Spring will not come soon enough next year. We are planning a trip to Newport to see the tall ships in June and we just know our Sunline will make the trip super special.

Thanks again,
former tenters
Mike & Anne
Old 11-21-2006, 06:13 PM   #8

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on the new purchase !

If you are half as happy with your new unit as DH & myself you'll love your new Sunline!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:29 PM   #9

SUN #97
Woodstock
New 264SR

Mike & Anne,

The next 5 or 6 months are going to seem like an eternity, but the wait will be worth it....the 264SR ia a beautiful model...congratulations. If you haven't made reservations for your trip to Newport you might want to consider Wawaloam CG in Kingston. We stayed there last July with several other family members and I was impressed....here is a link to their web site http://www.wawaloam.com/ We camped on Squirrel Road....good level road, big clean sites. Owners were helpful and courteous. General atmosphere was great.

David
Woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #10
PRS

SUN #109
PRS
Should we buy now?

Just to let everyone know, my wife and I just got back to Maine today and we decided to buy the T-2363 that we had on order. We've only had it three days and we love it. Can't wait for warm weather to go on a camping trip.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #11

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Hi PRS,
I can relate to your hesitation. I guess it's only natural to feel a little apprehensive about buying something without the warranty...especially when you figured you had one of the industries best warranties to protect you. With our new Sunline sitting out in the driveway, and the thought of all that's happened to Sunline over the last couple weeks, I have had some restless moments I assure. Now I'm over it and the idea of owning one of these classic coaches from Sunlines last production days is taking over my mood and turning it to the good. Such a well made product is not likely to require much in the way of repairs that I myself cannot take care of with a little effort. I can't wait for spring either!

Bob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote