Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #1

SUN #210
maddiesmommy
Screen Rooms 276SR

New to Sunline last year in September, got a great deal I now know why. But love the trailer, it really is the nicest we looked at. Anyone have any experience with screen rooms. I looking at a Gold Coast but some of the things they say on Camping World are not so nice. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

Old 03-30-2007, 08:14 AM   #2

SUN #201
Charlsve
We've found that screen rooms are a kind of a pain unless camping for several days. The ones I've had experience with take quite a bit of time to put on, and then the piece that has to go under the trailer and around the steps, etc, is *really* a pain. So we prefer to use a separate screen house instead if we are camping for extended periods. I personally use a lot of repellent and do without the screening usually, but we camp frequently with someone who seems to be allergic to every kind of repellent there is, so then a screened enclosure is almost mandatory if the ticks & mosquitos are bad. We have to worry about Lyme disease, etc. here in the Massachusetts area, and we do dry camping a lot at state parks where there is a lot of wooded terrain.

I don't think this helped you much, but.......Sorry

Charlie

Old 03-31-2007, 01:51 PM   #3

SUN #115
emam
I agree with what Charlsve said, we dont own one either, but everyone that I've seen with one is a snowbird type that stays put for a few months.

Heck, we move so much, I usually dont even roll out the awning unless it's really hot. With so many different zippers and gaps in the seems, I cant imagine they would keep all the bugs out either.

Those stand alone units can be set up in ten minutes and are probably much lighter for transporting between sites....but that's just my 2 cents.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote