Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #1

SUN #4037
JSJ248 is an unknown quantity at this point
SC3000 converter needs replacement

My SC3000 converted died and I must replace it. I have read almost every post however the new "BOARD" Has to be less then the following measurements to fit... 12 inches wide, 51/4 inches deep and apx. 4inches tall. The problem I have found is most replacement boards exceed the box depth of 5 1/4 inches? Need I cut the rear of the box? One dealer said replace the entire electrical panel, but I thought I should reachout before being crazy. Thanks...If possible, email me at jsj248@yahoo.com if you have successfully replaced the guts of the SC3000. THANK YOU
BTW- the WF8945-MBA looks good but the real question is will it fit? The progressive dynamics PD4635 is also too deep? Any other suuggestions, will be appreciated. The local RV guy is stumped?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
If you get a Progressive Dynamics converter, you can mount it anywhere there is room. I never worried about making one fit in the original location. I simply mount it where it is convenient and can get adequate ventilation. I then run the wires to the existing fuse panel.

Here is a thread, where and how I mounted one in my current Sunline...

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...fit-13332.html

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #3

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
We had the exact same problem with the converter in our 2363 this past fall. You can read about it on this thread:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...ues-14073.html

We originally thought that we had a dead battery so the converter stuff starts about 2/3rds of the way down the first page of the thread. We had also considered replacing the whole unit but instead ended up with an IOTA DLS-45 converter. Our local RV repair man installed it. In order to make it fit in the original converter space, he cut apart the housing - once again, the depth issue - so now it fits.

Others on this site, like EMD_Driver, put their converters elsewhere, which we considered partly b/c in the 2363 the hot & cold water lines for the shower are directly above the converter. But the local guy did a good job making it fit and also installed an "extra" baffle to protect it in case of leaks.

We picked IOTA b/c it had good reviews, as did the PD converters, and is made in the US. WFCO is made in China and there were very few reviews on it. By the way, welcome to the Sunline Owners Club!

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #4

SUN #4037
Thank you both very much. The simple way would be to use an external converter however, I gave this much thought and I have been trying to find one to fit the depth of the current cabinet. Call me lazy, but I just did not relish pulling the cabinet out and hack sawing the back off it. I can't believe almost every single replacement board I searched for on the net is too wide!!! I am amazed. Tomorrow (Mon) one more really good tech is going to call me back but I believe I will get frustrated enough and simply hack off the back so a most cost effective board can be placed. Thanks to you all who viewed and gave me suggestions. I have read every post on hear about converters and batteries so far but all the boards I have looked at are about 1 inch too deep and there is no way to trim the board. One "RV Tech" even told me to saw off the heat fins!!! And he was a certified RV tech??? Scarey....
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Another option...

Progressive Dynamics also makes and sells complete panels. I don't know how involved you want to get, but it is always an option.

HERE is one on their website.. It includes there converter..

Just a thought..

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #6

SUN #4037
Thanks EMD.... I finally lost enough sleep over it and cut the back clean off. This will afford me the opportunity to get a 45 amp panel locally and drop it in, of course making sure it has ventilation and overhead protection from the water faucets.
Thank you for your help....I'm just totally amazed there was not an easy fix to this due to the 5 1/4 inch depth of the box.......stay safe