Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #1

SUN #225
Mark
RV innovation

Althought this post has nothing to do with Sunline, I thought I would share this with you all.

I may have mentioned this before on this forum. I can't say how I know this, as I don't want to identify my current employer, but this is not just a wacky concept.

I know with about 90% certainty we will be seeing this in use in a short while. In fact, the RV industry has some unbelievable $ figures in repair warranty costs for structural issues dealing with floors, walls, etc. Not to mention the stress to make them lighter, so we can tow with less TV.

This will change the industry, and hopefully make it better for all of us. When I hear more I will try to add to the forum.

Some links:

http://www.rvaftermarkettoday.com/on...&siteSection=6

http://www.rv-news.com/newrvnews/News_Story.cfm?ID=33

http://www.tmdesignresearch.com/julypressrelease.html

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #2

SUN #225
Mark
I doubt this link was supposed to be out in the public yes, but since its not my company, I think maybe my last post will make more sense on the business case for this technology:

http://www.tmdesignresearch.com/DOWT...essRelease.pdf

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Old 08-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #3

SUN #115
emam
That's some interesting reading. I'd love to see one on the road and be able to actually see what it's like inside.

We were just talking with a manufacturer about how the RV industry hasnt really changed since the original design. That would be cool to see some new concepts come out that actually work.

Thanks for sharing

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #4

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
That's interesting from a manufactuing standpoint, but from a customer's viewpoint, I'm not so sure. The TT's that were produced 50 years ago were more aerodynamic than the boxy styles of today. I think the wisdom then was that they should be as aerodynamic looking as the vehicles towing them. But I think that people who buy these units may be more interested in the usable interior space than the fuel efficiency while towing since they spend more time parked on a campsite than in tow. The other benefits, like one piece construction eliminating leaks, the lighter weight and the elimination of formaldehydes certainly will be big plusses. As far as better resale value, I doubt it, something newer and better will take care of that one.
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #5

SUN #225
Mark
I also got wind of some "intermediate" products near breakthrough. Since many of the manufacturers REALLY want to ditch the luan (or any type of wood product) flooring, will will start to see composite material for strength and rigidity.

I could imagine that Sunline would have been and early adopter of such new products .

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553