Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #1

SUN #1651
deedles is an unknown quantity at this point
Reposting in this thread fifth wheel ?

Hello all,

Just joined the club today as we're considering the purchase of an 85 F-1850 but I can't find what the interior height is anywhere. Does anyone on here know how much headroom there is in one of these? My hubby is 6'5" so height is important. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Hopefully this 5er works out for us, it sounds like folks that have them are very happy with them!

Thanks again,

Deedles

Old 10-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Deedles,

I don't believe any Sunline had that tall of ceilings throughout. The longer fifth wheels had more ceiling height in the back, but the bedroom was short.

With something as small as that, no one could stand up in the bedroom, but I don't believe the height in the main part is much over 6'2" or so.

For what it's worth, it would be difficult to find any RV with that tall of ceilings. I seem to recall the Alfa See-Ya motorhomes (also no longer in business) were known for having really tall ceilings. But that was rare.

If this doesn't work out, if you need to find something small and can't go to a large fifth wheel, look for a small toy hauler. There's some out there like 19' or so, and as long as you have a rear overhead bed, you will have a fairly tall ceiling.

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #3

SUN #597
henryj
Our much newer 2499 has a height of 6'6". I'm 6'5" and still find that very comfortable. However in that '85 5th wheel the front bedroom will be like a truck camper. We looked at several smaller 5th wheels similar to Sunlines before buying the 2499. You'll be changing in the living area and then climbing up and sliding into bed. And the bed will definitely not be too long. My feet hang over our current 75", but I've learned to live with it. Call the current owner to see if they can measure for you, or better still drive around RV lots looking for a somewhat similar design. That's what talked us out of a really nice 5er that was over 1000 mi. away, but also had the truck camper type bed.

Henry
henryj is offline   Reply With Quote