Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-14-2023, 11:44 AM   #1

SUN #12999
pat55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacement Plastic Wheelwells

Months ago I posted looking for plastic wheelwell replacement and was unable to locate any. A blow front tire shredded mine. Ended up using Gorilla tape. It made an 8K journey from Florida to Glacier NP, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and many place between without a leak or problems. Not a pretty fix but it worked. Recently while browsing found replacements at this site https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Wheel-Wells
Unsure of any specifics but wanted to put it out there.
Got back to Florida 10 days before Hurricane Ian devastated my community, we are rebuilding. Sure glad I took my Sunline with me when I evacuated, living in my T2052 at present. She' s a great gal. Will try to send a few pictures from 3 month trip out west when I quit fighting insurance companies and contractors, at least have a happy tiny home.
Patty

Old 02-15-2023, 11:00 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Patty,

Wow, so sorry to hear your property got caught up in the Hurricane Ian damage.

Fighting with insurance companies and contractors in these cases, Yeh, I have heard and seen this before when an area is devastated by a natural disaster. I have friends who live and work in the New Orleans area, when Katrina took out the levy and flooded New Orleans, if the water didn't get you, the storm did. It totaled the entire area. No power, no water, no phone etc. Fortunately my friends were on the north side (higher side) of the lake in the Covington area. They did not get flooded out, but the wind and tree damage took out lots of homes and business's. The whole area was bad. The insurance and rebuild system was in overload and it did not matter how big or small your property was, no one was getting much relief from an insurance company. Theses are terrible times. While Katrina was years ago, one would hope the relief system has of progressed and learned how to help this better. From your response, it seems they still have a long way to go.

Your fender well, I remember when you first posted on this. And I see you found a a source of some fenders to at least see if they match up. THANK YOU so much for posting the Pelland link, it is a place to start. WOW, that is great.

I know of Pelland and have bought from them in the past, I just did not know they sold wheel wells. They are a good organization. If needed, you can call them and talk with them, they will help.

Good luck with your repair, if you need help let us know.

And, if you buy a wheel well, and it fits right in, please post the part you bought. That wheel well can fit a lot of the Sunlines setup on the 5,000# to 7,000# frames. So far, we have not had anyone I know of report a source for these until your post.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 09:30 AM   #3

SUN #12999
pat55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheel Well

Thanks John, it's going to be awhile before that project is a priority. In the mean time Fedex damaged my Rockguard by leaning a heavy package on it while it was up. Sprung the rivets on the frame, tried to just settle with them for a few hours of my time and labor, no they want official estimates and letter heads. What should it cost to remove and replace awning for labor portion? Can't move it so would have to be done on site, still living in the camper. Going to try to get a mobile mechanic to fix or at least write estimates.
Getting back into the house is going to be a long process but we'll make it!
Old 02-19-2023, 01:15 PM   #4

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the link.

I feel for you. My wife’s sister in North Port got hammered as well. Thankfully they have flood insurance, but still costing them a lot out of pocket.

Of course they still have a lot to get done. I guess there aren’t enough contractors to go around.
Old 02-19-2023, 03:39 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat55 View Post
Snip..

In the mean time Fedex damaged my Rockguard by leaning a heavy package on it while it was up. Sprung the rivets on the frame, tried to just settle with them for a few hours of my time and labor, no they want official estimates and letter heads. What should it cost to remove and replace awning for labor portion?
I do not recall what year your T2052 is? Sunline used Hehr windows on the later 90's campers and about up to approx. 2002 or 2003. The rock guard (the front window cover/awning) was separate on these from the window and the window frames were black. On the 2004 and newer camper, they switched to Kinro and they were white. The rock guard on these was integral to the window frame, not separate.

Lippert bought both Hehr and Kinro and you can buy direct from Lippert. They make them to order. I priced out some Kinro windows from them a year ago. Be in for sticker shock pending the size. A complete front window with the rock guard "might" be between $500 to $800. I'm not sure if they sell just the rock guard or if they still offer the vintage yours is. For Lippert, you call them, get into the right product area, and tell them what you want on the window. They will need the rough opening (the wood opening in the camper wall) that is how they size them. They also need to know the wall thickness so the flange ring inside will clamp the window tight to the siding and the inside wall panel. If yours does not have a clamp ring and has screws outside holding the window into to the camper, then tell them that too. Square corners or radius corners of the window is also a need to know. They may need pictures also and suggest they see it to make sure they are quoting you the right thing or what new vintage will fit in your camper. They may not have your exact style any more and build the new style to fit your rough opening and wall thickness. Here is a place to start. https://support.lci1.com

Pelland is a dealer for Hehr and Kinro. They can help. See here https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Windows-Hehr-Kinro

You may only be able to get the window frame in black. When I asked for the white Kinro windows that Sunline used, they stated they discontinued them along with the 2000 and 8500 series crank out windows. So they quoted me the new frameless style as they call it. Many of the new campers use all on black windows and door frames now so the demand for white is very low.

Labor to remove and install a new front window. This does not include mobile travel time which some places may charge. I would estimate this barring no large issues. With the new window at your place, it may take them 1 to 1.5 hours to remove the old, and about the same to out it in. 2 hours to take out and 2 hours to put in should cover most things that may come up, rusted out screws etc. If they find wood water damage, that ends up being extra. They would need to supply new butyl sealing tape, screws and RV profiles caulk.

Labor rates vary and I am not sure in your area. Around here, we have an independent service guy my son knows and he charges $75/hr. The large dealers the cost can be $100 to $165/hr. Camping World in lower MI last summer was advertising on a large highway size billboard at $165 hr as being low cost. I was sort of shocked by seeing that as we drove by. Covid has made this all even more nuts if you can even find a place open.

Fed Ex being a large company, yes I'm sure that want a quote by a repair company. It is not going to be cheap when this gets hired out if they have to install and all new window.

Hope this all works out for you. Let us know how this comes out.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote