Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-24-2015, 03:42 PM   #1

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
Refrigerator stopped

I have a 1999 Solaris T2553. Last week we apparently lost power in the campground and we lost a lot (no we lost everything in the frig and wonder why. The GFI was tripped at the tower. The propane back should have flipped on, and didn't. Just wondering why??? YesI had plenty of propane. My question...... Does the switch over to propane need 12volt battery power? I ask because, I don't know how old the battery is. I've had the trailer for a couple of years and it is in like new condition. The previous owner was crazy clean, and did all the maintence required. Any ideas.. I'm about to put it in storage for the winter.

Thanks for any help you can lend.

Dave

Old 09-24-2015, 05:33 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
If the fridge has lights on the front panel yes you need DC power and if the battery is no good and you lose power it won't switch.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:34 PM   #3

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
Refrig

Thanks for the reply. And yes I have the lites on the front of the refrig. I think it's a given that I need to buy a battery in the spring. Really can't see getting it now. If I had the trailer home for the winter, I'd put one of my battery maintainers on it. But she'll be in a field for the winter. Wow! I guess summer's really over.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #4

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear about your troubles. When you get a new battery, if you go the conventional lead-sulfide route, you can't go wrong with a Trojan. We upgraded to a Group 27 soon after we bought our trailer in '12. The thing is 100% MADE IN USA, and holds a charge very well. We regularly check the water level in the cells, and pull the battery and connect it to the minder after every camping trip. Other than that, we forget it's there.

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote