Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-05-2019, 06:28 PM   #1

SUN #10475
Dwntwn is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Have a 2006 Solaris T299 and after winter I filled water tank and turned on the pump and water is leaking from below right by the shower pan, I think I may have a burst hose,how do you go about changing it?

Old 08-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Trying to understand which camper you have. There is something missing from your model number, T299.

In 2006 they made a non slide T2499. Would be missing the 4.

In 2006 they made a slide model T299SR. Would be missing the SR.

Which one do you have? I have been on both and trying to visualize the shower.

Fixing the broken pipe is not that hard if you can get to it. Not knowing which camper you have, and the location of the broken pipe, I can't visualize the amount of room you have to work in. It will be tight regardless, but doable.

Any chance you can post a picture of the broken pipe location?

To fix it, you can splice the pex tubing assuming that is what is broke. Cut out the bad spot, insert a union and put it back together. They make PEX crimp type union fittings, push on unions (Sharkbite) and compression squeeze type unions. (Flair it)

The main thing, can you get to it is the first hurdle.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:33 AM   #3

SUN #10475
Question

I’m not by my trailer now but. I couldn’t see the pipe,hose,just the water leaking below the camper right around the edge of the shower pan,here’s the floor plan for my trailer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48AC8B1C-A958-4432-A5E3-172BAFA394ED.jpg (57.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 8F295915-FB8A-407C-A9B2-C19C051FBC8B.jpg (93.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
OK, you have the T299SR. A very nice camper. It has been a number of years since I was in that model, but this should help.

In the bathroom, look around for an access panel at the base of the shower. It should be about 6" X 6" or so. It most likely will need a no. 2 square bit to take the 4 screws out.

You should see the shower pipe trap through that space and see some of the water pipes. There would be a blue one for cold and a red one for hot water, hoping you can see something in that area.

With the floor plan, the shower hot and cold should head towards the sink. Under the sink cabinet you should see the red and blue pipes again. They should connect between the 2 areas.

With the kitchen sink being on the opposite side of the camper, and "I think" your fresh tank water fill door on the right side (door side), I'm assuming the water pump is under the kitchen sink? Is that correct?

The issue may be, the broken line may be between the kitchen sink area and the shower area. Those pipes "might" go under the floor to connect the 2 areas.

Look at the pipes under the sink and then under the shower and see if that is how they get across the camper? under the floor.

If the broken pipe is above the floor, under the shower basin, see if if you can see it there.

If water is leaking out "under" the camper, then let's confirm that and try to get some pics of area of the water is coming out. Hopefully the leak is in an open area of black waterproof membrane and not above a gray tank or black tank.

We can help guide you on how to take the bottom apart, but we need to know more about the leak and where it "might" be before we start into the underside of the camper.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #5

SUN #10475
Thanks John,I won’t be back up to the trailer for a couple weeks but when I do I will get after it with all the great info you gave me..