Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #1

SUN #128
Tweety
photo section

I can't for the life of me figure out the photo section of the website. I think that a "file" is a single picture, and that "views" are the number of times an album has been viewed. When I click on an album sometimes it looks like the whole album belongs to one individual. ie. The album of the 13' Sunline has only pictures of the 13' Sunline. Other times I click on an album and there are pictures of a bunch of different Sunline models. Can someone please explain it to me? I'm feeling really dumb. It just can't be that complicated.

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #2

SUN #115
emam
If I understand it correctly, which I'm not saying I do, If you click on a Certain Persons Personal Folder, i.e. User Galleries, then you will only see that persons pictures. But if you click on a different section, i.e. Random Galleries, then you will see everything in that random gallery.

I'm not sure if that helps, but that's the way I understood it. If you want to see just my pictures for example, then you would go into user galleries and click on Everymilesamemory and it would bring you to the 13 pictures that I put in that one gallery.

Hope that helps, because I want everyone to look at my pictures.....LOL

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #3

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Pam,

If you’re talking about the # file(s) and # view(s) that are included in the captions.

The # file(s) identify the total number of pictures that are included in that photo gallery / album. A file is an individual picture.

The # views identifies how many times that specific picture has been looked at. Each time someone clicks on a picture the # of views for that specific picture is incremented by 1.

So as Pat suggested we all need to open up his photo album and click through his pictures so we keep his # of views increasing.

Hey Pat - went through your pictures one more time, so you got another hit from me.

Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #4

SUN #128
Tweety
OK...so I think I've got it...eman - your album says you have 9 files aka photos, but really you have 16 because some of them were recent additions which haven't been added to your count yet. Hutch - you have your album divided into 3 different catagories, but it's still all 1 album. The recent additions section is just so we don't have to weed through every album in order to see if there are recent additions. On to the random section. I assume that is just a conglomeration of photos that people posted individually without creating an album. Have I got this right ?
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Old 05-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #5

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
You're close Pam,

The way I understand it, the Random Pictures and Recent Addition sections are not controlled by individuals. The Random section display pictures that are randomly selected from the user's galleries.

You're right on the Recent Additions, that section displays the last pictures that were added. If you're in a specific club member's gallery, the pictures displayed are specific to that club member.

You've basically got it on the organization. I like to think of it as I have 3 Albums in my photo gallary. Sort-of like if you had 3 different photo album books at home.

But I think you're still a little confused on the file/picture counts. emam has 9 pictures posted. If you go into emam's gallery and click on the picture in the top section / pane, you'll see all 9 pictures.

The Random and Last additions sections within emam's gallery are just a subset of his pictures and you'll notice that some pictures are duplicated in both the Random and Last additions sections. All pictures displayed in the Random and Last addition sections are also included in a club member's album.

To see all of any one's pictures in their photo album, go the the club members gallery, then click on the picture within the top section / pane of the album you want to look at. For my gallery I have 3 albums, therefore there are 3 pictures in the top section. For emam, they have 1 album, therefore there is only 1 picture in the top section.

While navigating throught the various photo pages, I've found it easier to always click on the pictures. If you click on the screen name, the club member's profile comes up.

Does that help anymore?

Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #6

SUN #4
sunlineclub
My apologies that the Photos section of the site is so confusing! I won't begin to tell everyone how long it took for me to figure it out.

And thanks to Hutch for his explanation.

Here's how I understand everything, in case this helps...

There are 2 CATEGORIES of photos on the site, User Galleries and Sunline Floor Plans. Only I can add to the floor plans CATEGORY. Each user (also called a member) can create their own GALLERY in the User Galleries CATEGORY. And a user's GALLERY can be made up of 1 or more ALBUMS.

So if you visit the Photos page, you'll first see the CATEGORIES at the top of the page. And in each CATEGORY you will see GALLERIES, which are made up of 1 or more ALBUMS. The Random Files are Last Additions are a selection of files (photos) the program itself chooses for display.

Hope that helps!

Sarah
Old 05-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #7

SUN #128
Tweety
I think I finally got it !!! Thanks