Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-30-2020, 09:36 PM   #1

SUN #9416
rewcamper is an unknown quantity at this point
NO new registrations in massachusetts

hi all. just wondering if anyone can help or give me insight. I have a 1985 1750 that I've had for 3 years. I've done all my major repairs, it's in great shape, but due to current restrictions,i can't register it here in mass.renewals are allowed but not new. titles not allowed either. as of now you need an appointment for any transactions that require you to go to the actual building, one at a time. BUT utility, boat, other trailers and CAMPERS are considered 'NON ESSENTIAL" vehicles and therefore you can't make an appointment, or get a new registration, or title. just wondering about all the people that buy vehicles this spring, and can't put them on the road. this restriction is stated on the rmv site, and I was told on the phone no..( after a 110 minute wait.)...anyone else in this position? thanks

Old 07-27-2020, 03:48 PM   #2

SUN #12086
songsailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you ever have any luck with this? We are in a similar situation but at this point we have been able to get an appointment. Three weeks away, but still, an appointment.

Hope your adventure ended with a licensed and registered trailer!

best,
Miles

Old 07-27-2020, 04:28 PM   #3

SUN #9416
hi miles, yes I had some luck. found an agent that was willing and able when everyone else said no. got it in 2 days . then recently I was informed by the registry I could get an apointment..didn't need it. now the problem is I can't go where I want, been going to Sebago lake in maine for 70 years !!! we in mass. are not wanted in maine. I lost my desire to even go. I guess I'm not a true camper after 70 years of camping. most campgrounds are full by now. with all the restriction I guess i've lost interest. thanks for asking
Old 07-30-2020, 07:49 AM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewcamper View Post
hi miles, yes I had some luck. found an agent that was willing and able when everyone else said no. got it in 2 days . then recently I was informed by the registry I could get an apointment..didn't need it. now the problem is I can't go where I want, been going to Sebago lake in maine for 70 years !!! we in mass. are not wanted in maine. I lost my desire to even go. I guess I'm not a true camper after 70 years of camping. most campgrounds are full by now. with all the restriction I guess i've lost interest. thanks for asking
Check again many restrictions have been lifted here in Maine.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:07 AM   #5

SUN #9416
no sorry mainah we're not allowed I just wanted to take a day trip to Sebago but it's not allowed.new york and new jersey are allowed but not mass.