Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #1

SUN #644
NewToCampers
Need help identifying Sunline model, please

My parents are looking to buy a camper, and want me to found out how much a Sunline they are looking at is worth. But the problem is, I need the model to search the worth. I do know it is a 1993. Can anyone ID what model it is by looking at it? I have pictures. Any help is much appreciated .

These are the only pics I have. They took them when they went to look at it. (Edited to add: Scroll down a few posts for easier viewing of the pics. Ghetto was kind enough to throw IMG tags on the pics for me.)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/IMG_2742.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/IMG_2743.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/IMG_2741.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/IMG_2740.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/IMG_2734.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/IMG_2733.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/IMG_2736.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/IMG_2737.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/IMG_2738.jpg

Old 06-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #2

SUN #597
henryj
Camper ID

I'm sure there are people here who can ID this trailer from your photos. However, if this is helpful in the meantime...

The most obvious location of the model no. is the factory sticker on the outside front left corner. On mine the model no. is right beside the serial no. In the first picture you posted there is also a little tag beside the front door that should be the model no. as well. There should also be a large sheet stuck to the inside of one of the cupboard doors that has more info about the trailer.

A tip on posting a picture in a message... enclose the URL with img tags. There is an Img button at the top of the message window. Click at the beginning of the URL and again at the end. Use it the same way you used the bold button in your original message.

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #3

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
You can view the owner's brochure here for that model year... http://www.sunlineclub.com/docs/93.pdf

My guess is a 1993 Solaris T-2363 from the pictures you've linked. I'm sure someone with more Sunline experience can confirm the exact model, you just might have to wait till they come home from camping this weekend.

Take care,
Jason
Old 06-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #4

SUN #492
GhettoMedic
My parents are looking to buy a camper, and want me to found out how much a Sunline they are looking at is worth. But the problem is, I need the model to search the worth. I do know it is a 1993. Can anyone ID what model it is by looking at it? I have pictures. Any help is much appreciated .

These are the only pics I have. They took them when they went to look at it.

here ya go
https://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...9/mycamper.jpg
GhettoMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #5

SUN #644
NewToCampers
Thanks for the help guys.

In reply to Henry's post: The camper is parked at a campground no where near me , so I can't check the camper itself. I only have these pics that were taken the other day. But on the other hand, I'm not in a rush to find out. So if my parents go up that way again, I can tell them to check out the model #. I'll go back up, and throw those tags on the pics. Thanks, I appreciate it.

In reply to Lode: Thanks for the .pdf, I looked through it, and would of guessed a Saturn model, just because the picture shows 2 doors, like the one my parents are looking at. But I really don't know the layout, so I can't be sure. Either way, thanks.

Edited to add: Looks like Ghetto beat me to tagging the images.

Thanks, much appreciated!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm gonna say it looks like a T-2363 with Paint Brush Clay interior.

Now, where is John to let me know if I'm correct

Trailer looks good except for the broken bedroom window

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #7

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep, it is a '93 Solaris 2363 with the standard front A. Nada values are as follows:

Low Retail: $2,600
Average Retail: $3,130

Based on what I see, I'd personally value it at $2,500 as is. The broken window won't be a lot to fix, but you'll find it might be more than you think. The glass is safety glass, so you'll need to remove the window to get the Hehr model number off the sticker on the inside of the frame so they can order that pane. You are lucky that it isn't a curved piece of glass, that should save you a little money. On the flip side, the coach does look very well taken care of inside (or used very little), so that's a big plus.

When reinstalling the window, you'd need new putty tape to seal the window properly, so that's an additional ~$10.

Edit: The main reason for my value is the unknown. The coach appears it has sat in the campground for a LONG time, and things may come up that you don't necessarily know about. These can be issues found in any brand of RV, just usually not as bad with a Sunline. Some of these things that can result in additional costs include:

- First and foremost, does it come with a hitch? Most likely no, since it has sat, they probably never had one. Expect to pay ~$800 for a decent hitch, but this can be transferred to a future trailer too.

- Roof leaks- coaches that sit tend to not get the joints stressed, so they usually won't leak even if not properly resealed within the recommended time period. If it does have a leak, it's not costly at all to repair the interior panel, but it is just very difficult to do. This is why insurance companies just total coaches with roof water intrusion because they are so labor intensive to fix. If you do it yourself, it can't cost much more than $50 if a dealer has a panel lying around. I don't see any signs of upper water intrusion in the pictures, but that doesn't mean there isn't any.

- Floor rot- whether from the water lines or moisture in the ground, sitting on dirt for a long period of time doesn't do them any good. The underside should be wrapped in an underbelly wrap, but animals might have eaten holes in it in spots. My last coach had a major floor issue due to a leak in the water lines. If the previous owner of this '93 has left the water on between times when they come and go, water may have intruded in places unknown to them if there was any kind of a leak. This may have resulted in either improper winterizing, sudden freezing prior to winterizing, or possibly a manufacturing defect. All these same issues can be a potential problem with the sewage system. Upon further review of the pics, the floor just under the dinette looks suspicious. When the floor discolors like that and turns blackish, that's usually a sign that the floor is moist below. Depending on the damage, it could be zero or it could be up to $500 if you do the work yourself.

- Tires- the coach certainly doesn't look like it has moved in a long time, and the tires look original. Sitting on dirt doesn't help them, and being uncovered just even more reduced your chances of saving them. Once properly re-inflated, they should get you home OK if you watch your speed, but they should be replaced, whether dry rotted or not. Tires this old shouldn't be on the road. If the coach will be used in a similar seasonal application, well then tires really shouldn't be necessary, but tire covers are a good idea regardless. Add $100 per tire (@ Discount Tire) for the Goodyear Marathon ST205/75 R14 LRC tires...=$500.00

- Exterior plastic parts- all the plastic appears to be very yellowed, and therefore has had a lot of sun. As a result, it will probably be very brittle. Add roughly $75-$100 for the replacement plastic parts (available at any dealer) plus putty tape to replace.

- Appliance problems- I don't know the condition of the appliances, but if something doesn't work, they are expensive to replace. Some situations can involve repairing, but by now, the problem is probably serious enough that it will require full replacement.

- Misc. restoration parts- you'll also need a few odds and ends to fix it up, like some roof sealer to reseal all the seams on the roof. Also, it looks like the bumper and furnace door are in need of a little paint, so add in roughly $25 plus some time.

Additional costs: ~$2000 to get it "camp-worthy".

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote