Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #1

SUN #9129
mcj7247 is an unknown quantity at this point
NADA Value and "Preferred Options Group" package

I wanted to ask for some help in interpreting the NADA Value Tool. I do like to refer to them for a starting point but not necessarily for an accurate value assessment.

When you configure the tool it requires the year, make and model etc. It also requires any additional optional equipment for the Value Calculator. It also notes that all Sunline values already include the "Preferred Options Group" and these options are not to be selected/included (to prevent double dipping?) I posted a screen shot of the tool below.

My questions(s)- Can anyone share if they know which options were in the POG and which were not? Any feedback on which options should be selected to best capture the NADA Value? Do fiberglass siding (SE), Aluminum wheels, power tongue jack, outside shower seem like valid options? I can't imagine them shipping a unit without an awning, furnace, A/C or a refrig so they would not be options?

Thanks-Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NADA verbage.jpg (65.7 KB, 6 views)

Old 08-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Mark,

As a general rule, I never select any options. I think about it this way- if you take the trailer to a dealer to trade it in, chances are that dealer will look in the book and not add any options. So you can inflate the NADA value more than what the trailer is "really" worth, pretty easy.

I think most all Sunlines came with POG from like the late '90s on. The brochures usually explain what's contained in POG, toward the back of each one. So like you said, the only things you should really think about adding in are like the SE exterior, aluminum wheels, power tongue jack, leveling jacks, etc. Of those, the jacks really don't add much value, especially if they are older, and having aluminum wheels on it is pretty rare. So the only thing of significant value toward the used value is the SE package.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote