Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-27-2020, 09:30 AM   #1

SUN #11102
Gregorym is an unknown quantity at this point
My slide out not working.

Hi
My slide out on my 2000 sunline is not working.I checked the fuse and its ok.Any suggestion?
Thank you.
Gregory.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Greg,

Your year 2000 Sunline may have the Dewald slide drive system OR the Barker slide drive. Sunline changed from Barker to Dewald during that time and not sure which one you have. By your avatar pic, it looks like your is a larger Sunline, what model number is it? It helps us know if you have the super slide (couch and dinette) or a smaller slide only a couch.

Need some more detail info from you on what is not working. You said you checked the fuse and that was OK. That sounds like you may that your slide motor does not run? yes/no?

Assuming that might be what the issue is, tell us this as a start.

1. Is this the first time this season or the first time that you ever tried to open the slide (you just bought it) and it will not move or the motor even grunt/make noise?

2. Need to know if the slide use to work and now no longer does? When was the last time it did work?

3. You said you checked the fuse and it was OK, the slide systems do not have fuses in the normal place in the camper in the power converter area like the lights, water pump, fridge etc do. The slide system draws so much power, it has its own separate fusing system away from the power converter. Where did you actually look for the fuse in the camper that was OK?

4. Assuming your camper does have the Dewald slide drive system, they use a torque control box that limits the power to the motor. Have you found the location of that torque control box?

5. Are you familiar/friendly with 12 volt DC electrical systems, like working on your car or truck electrical? Do you have a volt and or ohm meter and have used it before?

6. We need to find out if you have the Dewald slide drive or the Barker. If you do not know, I can tell most times by looking at the mechanicals of the slide drive under the slide room. Any chance of posting pics of the slide drive system under the slide? Once I know which brand slide drive you have, we can dig deeper into trouble shooting it.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:52 PM   #3

SUN #11102
Gregorym is an unknown quantity at this point
Found the problem. The battery wasn't charged enough. Thanks everyone.