Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-31-2020, 05:28 AM   #1

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Making reservations

I haven't posted in awhile, but I was wondering if the covid-19 restrictions have kept anyone from making their plans for this year. We were planning a cross country trip to begin in May, but with all the closures, decided to put it off. Local state parks (where we prefer to stay) are all closed so even a weekend trip is not going to happen just yet.
Has anyone been able to get out or plan a trip this year?
Thanks,
Rich

Old 03-31-2020, 08:31 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Rich,

Yes, this is a problem. Each state is handling this a little different.

http://ohiodnr.gov/odnr-operations-d...virus-outbreak
As of March 27th, all Ohio parks have mixed areas open. For general recreation, open areas are still open and encouraged but with social distancing requirements in place.

Much of anything with a building is closed though, including the campground. Have no idea when this will break loose. Yesterday, Ohio extended the closed school buildings until the end of April. On-line learning is ongoing where it can be.

We canceled our multi state trip this year back in early January, but that was due to family concerns. And now with the virus deal, it is not going to happen for us. Some parks are not even allowing any new reservations right now.

At the moment, our only reservation are at an OH state park the end of May, the Western NY M & G in Sept and the Ohio M & G in October. The May one is an unknown right now. The Sept & Oct trips we hope are still intact. These reservations were all made last year.

For sure, early season camping plans are going to affected most anywhere on the east coast and midwest.

At this point, all we can do is sit and wait and see what happens. Our cyber campfire will be burning bright.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:23 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
We were in Florida when COVID became an issue. We didn’t think about it much until 3/12 when my Dad wanted us to eat out, which we did...twice. After leaving Pennekamp State Park on Key Largo we went up to a private campground to meet some old Sunline friends (Mark & Beth) for a week of fun. We were originally supposed to be at a state park but got a last minute site at their winter campground. Thank goodness we did because the Florida SPs closed during that week. After that we went up to Skidaway but became uncomfortable with the whole virus situation and left a day early. Virginia closed the park while we were there and we had to leave which was fine with me. It did make me think about being 3000 miles from home on the next trip out west. (which is timing TBD) Being 1200 miles away was strange enough.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:04 PM   #4

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a trip to a Virginia state park scheduled for last week. Canceled and glad I did because I would have had to leave early because all of the state parks closed. I have another trip scheduled in mid-May for OBX and will probably have to cancel that one as well. My next trip after that is in September. So decided to start doing some repairs that I had been putting off.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #5

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Our 1st reserved camping trips this year are early June; 1 local and then Buttonwood.

I week ago I was thinking it was a 50/50 chance both would happen.

Now, I think it's only ~25% they'll happen.

I'll wait until mid-May to see what it's like then.

If baseball isn't playing, I'm not camping.
Need to stay safe, both Mary and I fall into the "high risk" category.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:19 PM   #6

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
We had planned on our first shakedown trip this coming weekend at a local state park. State recently closed campgrounds so no go.

Two week trip to Florida was planned for mid April. While the private campgrounds we have reserved haven’t closed, of yet, we decided to cancel that trip. I’m waiting until the last minute to cancel those reservations to avoid paying a reservation fee if they are forced to close. I believe they waive that fee if it’s an ordered shutdown. At least that’s what the state park did.

Have other reservations further into the spring and just praying and hoping things get better by then.

You all hang in there.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:35 PM   #7

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
My NASCAR trip to Dover has already been postponed/ cancelled. The governor of VA has closed campgrounds through June 10, so Cherrystone during Memorial Day weekend is out. Not sure what/where is on the horizon. Minor inconveniences compared to the struggles many are going through at this time. Everyone stay safe and we'll see you down the road.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #8

SUN #2417
camperlloyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Reservations

The state parks in Indiana are closed to camping until further notice we have not made any in Indiana or in Michigan because of the virus.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #9

SUN #11010
phantom444e is an unknown quantity at this point
I had planned a long weekend at the end of April, not far, one of the NJ state campgrounds local to me. As they are all closed I will have to make the best of it and enjoy a little time with my camper in my own back yard. Not the greatest campground as there are no activities, but I do have water and electric hook up and great wifi!!
Old 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM   #10

SUN #11908
javelinman74 is an unknown quantity at this point
We just got our new 81 SunLine 15' SC and planning our first trip to WA in August, hopefully. With everything as it is and becoming, we decided to start looking for a camper as with the flying situation, then figured out the cost is gas to WA would pretty much equal our plane tickets costs, then the rental car not needed or even the shuttle service from Seattle to Wenachee we recently found for $50 each would be saved.
Also now that we're both retired, we can take our time and stop anywhere we want to, that is now whatever is open. Stay Safe!
Blessings
Richard