Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #1

SUN #225
Mark
Lancaster PA Campgrounds

Anyone have any recommendations for this area?

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #2

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Mark,
Depends on what your are looking for. We go to "Lank is ter" often even if for a day of shopping. Half the furniture in our house is Amish made from Lancaster. I do know there are good parks for kids, but we stay at the quieter ones. In New Holland there is Country Haven. RV Park Reviews have some question on the friendliness of the owners, but I did not experience any problems. They have sites overlooking the farming valley with cherry trees which should be blooming in a week or so.
Also in New Holland/ East Earl area be sure to eat at Shady Maple. Yumy.
Also stayed at Beacon Hill in Intercourse PA. Some very tight sites but very nice. Over looks an Amish farm. DW likes the shopping within walking distance.
Granted kids would not find these places very exciting. They would like Old Mill Stream near Dutch Wonderland Park. Also near by Strasburg has a train ride and the PA RailRoad Museum. I love the simple life of the Amish, they are interesting people.
Regards,
MM

2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:30 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
We go to Lancaster a couple times per year and have stayed at several different campgrounds. None of their full hookup sites are big or private. We just had a really nice weekend at Old Mill Stream in site 101. It's on the edge of the campground with a view of an Amish farm field. We could watch the farmer plowing from our QUE. If you have kids 101 is within view of the playground, but not on top of it. Plus, if Dutch Wonderland is in the plans you can walk there. Amazingly there is no traffic noise in this campground. We also like Country Acres, but you can really hear the traffic, and have to be careful which site you choose or you could be backing up to a junk yard. IMO the nicest sites are the ones that have only water and electric. They have a pool. Beacon Hill is adults only and therefor very quiet. It's no frills, and the sites are indeed close together. It makes a nice home base for seeing things in Lancaster though. You can walk to the villiage of Intercourse, and the location is the quietest of the 3. DH likes it there because you're on the edge of civilization and he can jog or bike through farm land right from the campsite. It's also the cheapest of the 3 Spring Gulch is a resort type campground with all the amenities you can think of and they do have big nice sites. If I was going to Lancaster area for my yearly vacation and had little kids I'd stay here. It's really expensive though.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #4

SUN #76
R713
Send a message via MSN to R713
Re: Lancaster PA Campgrounds

[quote="Mark"]Anyone have any recommendations for this area?[/quoteh\
Hi there Sunliners. There are a couple of campgrounds close to me. I live in Mount Joy area which is close to lancaster. About 15 miles. There is the Hershey Highmeadow Campgrounds, which is close to Hershey Park.
Check the KOA website. There is a KOA near Elizabethtown Pa. And another campground on RT 743 between Hershey and Elizabethtown. I think it's called the Conewago. Or sign up on Woodall's website for free campground info. Im originally from New Castle. So good luck in your findings. I too have a new Sunline
Old 04-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #5

SUN #8
camp4fun
I use http://www.CampgroundReport.com. I'm sure they have reviews in that area.