Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #1

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jim & Bev's new camper

Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Jim & Bev

The pic of your Sunline is coming thur very well. Welcome to Sunline Owners Club

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice paint job! It looks like you were able to match the original striping colors quite well.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #4

SUN #1830
John,

Thanks but I can't take credit for the striping. The previous owner had that done and they are decals, not paint. Have no idea where he got them though. Notice the SunLine decals are gone? In time I'lll see about replacing them.

this camper was a one owner unit. They picked it up at the factory and have many, many thoudands of miles on it but the overall condition is really good. The only thing I wish is that he would have been a little neater putting all that sillycone on it but atleast he put it on and the unit has been high and dry. There are a couple scrapes to the sheetmetal but nothing I can't live with.

Is there a thread here about internet and camping? I guess I'll have to learn how to use the wireless connection on this laptop. I'd like to have Wifey's computer and mine connected but that might be asking alot.

Jim
Old 01-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #5

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bev-2363 View Post
John,

Is there a thread here about internet and camping? I guess I'll have to learn how to use the wireless connection on this laptop. I'd like to have Wifey's computer and mine connected but that might be asking alot.

Jim
Jim start a new thread.....I'd love to be able to bring mine - but we only camp occassionaly and I can live without the computer for a few days at a time!!!! And if we go to a full hookup campground I look for one with free wifi!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #6

SUN #1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy & Nana View Post
Jim start a new thread.....I'd love to be able to bring mine - but we only camp occassionaly and I can live without the computer for a few days at a time!!!! And if we go to a full hookup campground I look for one with free wifi!

Life without computers? How do you ever do it? Must be really short trips. *really big grin*

Seriously, I do enjoy time away from computers but most people are getting so electrocuted they need a generator just to walk around so I thought I'd check into it for us. If the price of unlimited wireless internet through Verizon is about what we pay for DSL on our landline then I'd jump-in-it. And if I get online with my computer then Wifey has to have her own connection. Do the CGs with "free" WiFi have limits on the number of computers per site?

So many questions I guess you can tell I live a sheltered life.

Jim
Old 01-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #7

SUN #1830
I jsut noticed I posted to "John" and the post I replied to was "Jon". Sorry! Must pay more attention about that.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #8

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Jim,

First, let me add my "Welcome aboard!" to the others. We're glad you are here.

My wife and I both have Blackberrys through Verizon. As part of the that, we get unlimited data for the two phones. All of our email goes to the phones as well as to our computers so we pretty much stay connected as long as there is cell signal. The BB's can do some browsing, etc.

Since most of our camping is in GC's with no hookups, we tend to look for the free WiFi hot spots where ever we are. For instance, in Tupper Lake, NY the public library has free service although you do have to go to the desk and get the password if someone has not already given it to you. Then you can sit in their lounge and log on or just park next to the building and log on. They usually leave the service up even when the library is closed.

The camp store right outside the CG where we stay for a week or two at a time in June and August has free wifi with no password required.

Generally, if a CG offers WiFi, it is not limited to one computer. I will probably be proven wrong on this at some places, but that has been our experience. It's pretty much the same as hotels. We both take our laptops when we travel and have never had a problem being online at the same time.

One other thought... When I travel, I always take a LAN cable with me. Some hotels may not have wifi in every room, but may have a LAN connection in the room. Many hotels have a business center and the same may be true there as well.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #9

SUN #1830
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the welcome but I must ask before I forget, What kind of hitch do you have on the rear of your tt to tow that dingy and the boat? LOL!

About the only computing we've done on the road is hooking a LAN cable to family systems but now I think even they have gone wireless. And I've never even tried to connect to a wireless system, not even here at home. I'll have to learn how to do that for sure. I'll get it figured out soon enough.

I've been playing around trying to get all the camping gear in one place to determine what to keep and what to sell at the next yard sale. This is a bigger job than I thought it would be. Would be easier to pitch it all and start over again, LOL! I know this is Winter and you guys are having a god one but we've been in the fifties most of the day with a good wind so I've been inside in the recliner.

Jim
Old 01-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #10

SUN #93
Quote:
Hi Steve,

I know this is Winter and you guys are having a god one but we've been in the fifties most of the day with a good wind so I've been inside in the recliner.

Jim
50 degrees heck we won't see that until May or June....tonight we are supposed to drop to -25 and yes that is a minus sign -----25 below and winds guts....gonna make for a might cold night tonight!!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 01-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #11

SUN #264
Quote:
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the welcome but I must ask before I forget, What kind of hitch do you have on the rear of your tt to tow that dingy and the boat? LOL!
That truck would pull all that stuff if I asked it to. But Mama's Grand Cherokee is her happy refuge when we travel. The dog rides with her, too. I get to listen to the purr of the Cummins all by myself.

Quote:
About the only computing we've done on the road is hooking a LAN cable to family systems but now I think even they have gone wireless. And I've never even tried to connect to a wireless system, not even here at home. I'll have to learn how to do that for sure. I'll get it figured out soon enough.
If your laptop has Vista or Win 7, it's pretty easy. The newer platforms make things like this much easier.

Quote:
I've been playing around trying to get all the camping gear in one place to determine what to keep and what to sell at the next yard sale. This is a bigger job than I thought it would be. Would be easier to pitch it all and start over again, LOL! I know this is Winter and you guys are having a god one but we've been in the fifties most of the day with a good wind so I've been inside in the recliner.
As Kathy says, we're in for a couple of really COLD nights and days. I'd give a lot to be in temps in the fifties right now.

Deciding what to carry and what not to tote along is an ongoing process. Some of it is trial and error, and some is school of hard knocks. Put some thought into it every now and then before that yard sale. One day you will want to sell a particular item, and week later, you'll decide it is essential to take along. We're still fine tuning after all these years.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #12

SUN #89
Quote:
I just noticed I posted to "John" and the post I replied to was "Jon". Sorry! Must pay more attention about that.

Jim, no worries. It happens often when we are both posting in the same thread and Jon and John know each other so no problem. Thanks for posting back though.

While we are both Sunline Fan’ addicts.... Jon is our true Sunline Fan. If you ever get to a Meet and Greet and can see Jon's collection of Sunline "stuff,” it is truly amazing. While I can recognize many of the newer camper year and model floor plans by the windows, trim and where the fridge vent is, Jon can rattle off frame numbers of forum members campers.... and go back to about the beginning of Sunline history. He is our passionate Sunline Fan.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #13

SUN #1830
Sreve.... I guess the answer to my storage problems is to put some items in the tow vehicle. I'll have the setup equipment and other non-home items there while the storage in the tt will be for what Wifey needs to be comfortable.

We usually have three computers going at any time we're awake. One with Win2K, two with XP and one Vista. Being unplugged from the internet is like walking barefoot. Only the Vista laptop has wireless on it But I guess I could put wireless on the XP machines.

John.... I really like this site. It is a shame most of the members and activities are so far from us. If I win the Lottery I might could do a long trip like M&G. Always wanted to go to PE Island one day so we never know.

I'm always amazed at someone with such a good memory. It is all I can do to find my way home at night.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #14

SUN #1830
I guess I should move my posts on out of the testing area. Don't want to get slapped.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #15

SUN #128
Tweety
Our kids have the Droid and Verizon service. It's possible to teather your Droid to a computer and surf that way.
Welcome to the club!
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #16

SUN #93
Quote:
I guess I should move my posts on out of the testing area. Don't want to get slapped.
that my friend does not happen often on this site......
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 01-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #17

SUN #264
Quote:
Sreve.... I guess the answer to my storage problems is to put some items in the tow vehicle. I'll have the setup equipment and other non-home items there while the storage in the tt will be for what Wifey needs to be comfortable.
A lot of our stuff goes in the bed of the truck, too. But, except for weekend trips, we're always out for at least 10 days.

Quote:
We usually have three computers going at any time we're awake. One with Win2K, two with XP and one Vista. Being unplugged from the internet is like walking barefoot. Only the Vista laptop has wireless on it But I guess I could put wireless on the XP machines.
That would work. Plug in wifi units are readily available.

Quote:
John.... I really like this site. It is a shame most of the members and activities are so far from us. If I win the Lottery I might could do a long trip like M&G. Always wanted to go to PE Island one day so we never know.
I think you will find that there are more than a few SOC members down your way. You could put your heads together and start up a M&G of your own. Every M&G in SOC got going that way. Buttonwood is the big one, and truth to tell, we probably ought to start calling it The Annual SOC Rally...

Old 01-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #18

SUN #89
Quote:
Jim, slammed no, helped yes. You have a good thread here so we moved it to the Community Forum where it now fits better.

Happy Camping

John

Old 01-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #19

SUN #1830
Hi Tweety! ..... I'm sure there is a way and now for me to find the cost, LOL! I might have to leave the electronics at home.

Steve, ..... After emptying all storage holes and checking under the bed and couch there is more storage than I first thought. I probably could overload easy enough.

John ....... I knew if there was a will there was a way. Thanks for moving us. I felt like I was standing in the bathroom with the door open.

I guess now I can find something to do at WallyWerld while Wifey shops. This morning I roamed enough to spend $30 and build a wishlist of anothr $100 or so, LOL!

Camping can be fun!!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #20

SUN #1830
I think I've found the answer to some of my storage needs. I have some softsided bags like laptop briefcases, large fanny packs and small suitcases. They can be crammed into the compartments tighter than hard sides totes. Most of them also breathe to stop some of the musty odors I use to get using plastic toolboxes.

I have also checked all equipment on the unit and everything seems to be working good. Since I bought this camper from a individual I took a big chance I might have problems. This morning when I was walking the baby boy I noticed heavy frost on everything. Our dark blue car was a two-tone blue and white, so I decided to check the heater. It came on and the place was toasty in no time at all.

A question I have now is how are the microwaves fastened down so they don't fly out the windows when I hang a corner real fast? Plumbers strapping? Velcro? I have to install one since one had never been installed.