Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-18-2015, 05:03 PM   #1

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's official

Today the snow is gone, it's almost 70, and I bought a water filter for the camper. I'm declaring today the official start of the 2015 camping season up north.

If they promise to not let it fall below 32, I'll de-winterize.

2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #2

SUN #5411
happytocamp is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree!We de-winterized today,warmer here on Long Island,not quite as far north as you!All went well . Washed the roof,checked interior(after a very long winter)all looked good!Looking forward to our first trip in a few weeks!

2005 GMC Yukon

happytocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #3

SUN #2431
bdichristina is an unknown quantity at this point
We pulled ours out of storage today and put it in our driveway. It is great to know that camping season is here. In two weeks we are putting our camper into the seasonal site that we have for this year. We are really looking forward to weekends at the campground. Today was in the high 60's and perfect weather for cleaning the inside. Tomorrow will be carpet cleaning day and then de-winterizing begins. Let the camping begin!!!
2009 Jay Feather Sport 165 - "Little Bird"
Former: '03 Super Duty, '04 Suburban, '84 Sunline T-1750, '99 Sunline T-2553, '04 Terry Quantum AX6,
bdichristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
OK on the 18th we are at 70 degrees about 2 hours east of us and today it is 26 degrees with 1 1/2 inches of new snow.......thanks for the warm thoughts all!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #5

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
I pulled mine out of storage Tue. It snowed today.. That's Ohio
Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #6

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
We de-winterized two weeks ago but haven't gotten to camp due to getting the axle flipped and having to order another shank. And today, snow flurries… sigh!

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:48 AM   #7

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwb01 View Post
Today the snow is gone, it's almost 70, and I bought a water filter for the camper. I'm declaring today the official start of the 2015 camping season up north.

If they promise to not let it fall below 32, I'll de-winterize.
Okay, it's Apr 24 and snow flurries this morning at 32 degrees. Same yesterday. I still will start cleaning inside the camper this weekend but might have to "test" the furnace.

I don't think I want to know what's happening in Old Forge with Poppy and Nana.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 AM   #8

SUN #6738
Campnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Been cleaning and prepping our Sunny during the nicer days the last 2 weeks. Getting new sneakers on her today (old ones went flat). Making sure all systems are good and already have trips scheduled for May and June. Thinking of where to go in the other months.

Can't wait to hit the road and get some relaxation in.
Campnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #9

SUN #2431
bdichristina is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnut View Post
Been cleaning and prepping our Sunny during the nicer days the last 2 weeks. Getting new sneakers on her today (old ones went flat). Making sure all systems are good and already have trips scheduled for May and June. Thinking of where to go in the other months.

Can't wait to hit the road and get some relaxation in.
Hi Campnut,
We are having a meet & greet in June at Buttonwoods in Pennsylvania. There are threads started here with all the information you need to make reservations and join us. This is a great way to meet others in this group. They are a wealth of information and love to share their expertise and show off their mods.
2009 Jay Feather Sport 165 - "Little Bird"
Former: '03 Super Duty, '04 Suburban, '84 Sunline T-1750, '99 Sunline T-2553, '04 Terry Quantum AX6,
bdichristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #10

SUN #4364
dtstanton is an unknown quantity at this point
We've got one scheduled for this weekend in Caprock Canyons. Mike Rowe ("Dirty Jobs") was just there doing some kind of prairie dog maintenance - de-flea-ing and other such fun things. I'll be anxiously waiting to see that episode.

They recently got WiFi in the CG. That'll make it nice to look in on our security system and cameras.

We've also got reservations at another one in NE New Mexico in a couple of months.

We're more than ready!

TT: 1988 Sunline T-1350
TV: 2003 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3L
dtstanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #11

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Been camping in the yard for 2 weeks (yeah we had frost and even a little snow) I had a house full of woman (not a bad thing mind you) my wife's sister and a friend from NY so mine is ready to go for the end of the month to Deerfield NH then VT mid May to a wood working class.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #12

SUN #6738
Campnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdichristina View Post
Hi Campnut,
We are having a meet & greet in June at Buttonwoods in Pennsylvania. There are threads started here with all the information you need to make reservations and join us. This is a great way to meet others in this group. They are a wealth of information and love to share their expertise and show off their mods.
Was really wanting to do Buttonwood this year but the timing didn't work with DW's work schedule. With a Memorial Day weekend outing then one the the week of the 22nd of June we just couldn't do it. I plan on making it next year to the meet n greet.
Campnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #13

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, it has been a week without a frost warning so I dewinterized my Sunny today. So far nothing leaks (as he knocks on wood) but I still have to do the inside and outside cleaning. Where did all those black streaks come from ?

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #14

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Where did all those black streaks come from ?
It's magic . Black magic
Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #15

SUN #6631
HAFH is an unknown quantity at this point
After so many years of motorcycle camping, having a sweet little/Big 1950 with a real (triple luxury) bed, (double luxury) john, (quadruple luxury) fridge, (luxury)stove, (double luxury) microwave, and (luxury) sink, - - - -and living in western NY, I told hubby to don't worry about running the water!!! It's just as easy for me to heat water on the (luxury) stove and use a jug at the (luxury) john!!! Also, there is one year on record that it snowed EVERY month of the year here!! I love the HAFA so much I don't want to take any chances this early in the year!!

We leave Monday for the KOA in Woodstock, NY. Goin' down there to have some Long Island, Bronx, Staten Island, and Brooklyn friends come up for a cookout! LoL Not sure what site we'll have but just look for the little Sunliner and stop in and say HI!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #16

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim44646 View Post
It's magic . Black magic
LOL, good one

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:21 AM   #17

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
late comers :)

You're all late
I de-winterized about 3 weeks ago. Southern Ontario.

Itchy fingers and really ticked at Mother Nature. What decent mother would prolong a winter for her children? I ask you.....grrrrr

Two weekends ago we went up to Algonquin Park to witness the annual moose coming to the roadside for salt from the ditches in the park.. We took our TT and stayed for one night. Neighbors thought we were nuts to go from Hamilton to Algonquin for just one night. (ah the joys of retirement).

Moose are big goofy looking animals. They're beautiful lumbering majestic beasts. I really don't know how people could shoot them for sport. If I was in the deep woods and hungry yes I might shoot one, but not for sport.

The small campground lakes were still slightly frozen over but thin ice for sure and campsites had remnants of plowed snow banks per campsite. I'm sure all that has quickly melted and the heat waves will be here shortly. Hello 80s and 90s.

Mew Lake in Algonquin is open year-round for camping, for those who dare to brave the elements of the winter. We have a heater and a furnace in our TT but never used either one. Plugged into the AC, only to power our fridge. Kind of a waste. The air was warm. The only bad thing was an annoying duck down by the water quacking all day long. (enough all ready)

The Visitor Center has a webcam on its observation deck, so I texted both our kids and grandkids and told them to see my wife and I on the webcam. Algonquin Park Live Webcam | Algonquin Provincial Park | The Friends of Algonquin Park I guess the whole world saw me waving. Then I growled as we headed home to the city. The last few days have been Tee-shirt weather, the Explorer and TT are getting a wax job and detailing.

BTW I bought a cheap metal detector to try my hand at it. Not bad at all. several bottles caps later, this might prove to be a new venture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0698.jpg (126.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0702.jpg (130.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0704.jpg (139.6 KB, 2 views)

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:11 AM   #18

SUN #1591
GKLarson is an unknown quantity at this point
We just returned a few days ago to our NNY home after spending 5.5 months in our 1950 in SW. This is the 5th consecutive yr we've done so. The quality in a Sunline really shows when one puts it to such continuous use. As we were forced to get a bit of a late start this past Fall (11-15) we did winterize our unit before we left but that's the 1st time we've had to do so. Generally we leave before freezing weather arrives & return after it's gone
Happy camping to all of you just getting out !

Glen & Kathleen
06 4.7L Tundra
06 T-1950, our 6 months/yr traveling home
one of numerous canoes
GKLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:46 PM   #19

SUN #6631
HAFH is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking The trip was Great for the most part

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFH View Post
After so many years of motorcycle camping, having a sweet little/Big 1950 with a real (triple luxury) bed, (double luxury) john, (quadruple luxury) fridge, (luxury)stove, (double luxury) microwave, and (luxury) sink, - - - -and living in western NY, I told hubby to don't worry about running the water!!! It's just as easy for me to heat water on the (luxury) stove and use a jug at the (luxury) john!!! Also, there is one year on record that it snowed EVERY month of the year here!! I love the HAFA so much I don't want to take any chances this early in the year!!

We leave Monday for the KOA in Woodstock, NY. Goin' down there to have some Long Island, Bronx, Staten Island, and Brooklyn friends come up for a cookout! LoL Not sure what site we'll have but just look for the little Sunliner and stop in and say HI!
We just got back from the camping trip~ Lots of peace and quiet! Had an issue with the electric brake unit on the truck! It worked when we pulled the HAFH out of the barn but then quit when we left on the trip!! We planned to take Rt. 20 to Rt 145 but the "mountains" proved more than our old beast could take and with no electric brakes, we had to detour a little and take the thruway and 9W. I guess we'll have to stick to the flat lands until we upgrade the truck. We wanted to visit relatives in N.H. and W.V..
Hubby checked all the fuses, connections, connectors, and lines. He can't figure out why the unit under the dashboard doesn't work. Any Ideas???
Old 05-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #20

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure some of the other members might have better suggestions than me, but right off the bat I would double check all the wiring that feeds your trailer. It doesn't take much for a wire to pull out of place inside the 7-pin connector. If all your lights are working. it's good indication that most of your wires are good. Also check to see if your lights (when hooked up) are weak or strong and do they flicker?

Sometimes a bad ground can do all kinds of funky stuff and drive you crazy.

Check all connections from the control unit under the dash, maybe there is a piece of wire that was used as a jumper under the carpet and it could be broken. Basically check all your wires for any breaks and your ground. If you find a break, best to solder rather than crimp. But do the best you can

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote