Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #1

SUN #115
emam
I'll Bet You've Never Seen A Sunline This Clean Before

I was looking through some pictures for Jon, and came across the ones of the day we brought the 2499 home from General RV.

I forgot how bare it looked with no deals on it and how bright white it looked. I think it snowed a few days later, it was early November, and it's never been this clean since....LOL

I remembered talking to Carl Kern when we did our factory tour, and he joked saying our camper stood out like a sore thumb in the parking lot. It was so white and bare and just looked odd.

12 months on the road now, and Cindy and I have only seen two other campers on the road with no graphics, and both were being towed by a truck that was heavily logoed, like they were headed to the graphics place.

Just thought I'd share a few old pictures that some might not have seen. I sort of like the look of the brialliant white now that I look back at it. No stickers on the frame...LOL No scrathes along my decals from narrow back country trails and no add-on's yet.

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:05 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow Pat, puts mine to shame! I suppose I couldn't tell now from all the snow!

Where are your hub caps? Did they get shipped loose?

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #3

SUN #115
emam
They are still in the front storage bin in the plastic bag at this point. I hadnt had time to put them on yet. I was pretty geeked to finally get it home, and as soon as I pulled into the driveway I wanted to get a few shots of it while it was all clean.

There was a nasty storm forecasted for the coming weekend and I knew this was probably the cleanest it would ever be. I'm not one to keep my stuff looking like yours Jon, I'm always amazed at how nice your stuff looks.

Before the meet and greet at Buttonwood, it took me a week of washing and cleaning to get it purty before I felt comfortable to pull in amongst all you guys that keep your stuff brand new. I'm always so jealous when I see everyone's pictures. The campers look like they're brand new.

I should print that top picture out and keep it on my dashboard so it will make me wash the beast more...LOL

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 12-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #4

SUN #115
emam
Dont get me wrong, you're not THAT BAD, I just hope that when I grow up, I can keep my coach as clean as you do!!

Right now it's just a waste of money for me, I clean it one day, and the next day it's filthy from some dirt road or trail we were on.

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 12-17-2007, 12:19 AM   #5

SUN #115
emam
So imagine going from that first picture when I was so proud to have it looking all brand new, to the within the first 100 miles from home on our journey and it looks like this

This was the first fuel station we stopped at mid-way through Ohio and when I got out of the truck, I almost cried!! To go from pristine white, to dirty brown and covered in a nasty salt layer of ice. Oh, man, I get teary eyed just thinking of it.

But now I've learned, $5 at the quater car wash and she looks pretty for a few days and no need to worry

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 12-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emam
So imagine going from that first picture when I was so proud to have it looking all brand new, to the within the first 100 miles from home on our journey and it looks like this

Snip...

This was the first fuel station we stopped at mid-way through Ohio and when I got out of the truck, I almost cried!! To go from pristine white, to dirty brown and covered in a nasty salt layer of ice. Oh, man, I get teary eyed just thinking of it.

Pat
Mid Ohio, ah yup. The pic looks about right....

You bare white camper..... WOW, it sure do look bare....never realized just how dressed up the stock units get when they add a few pin strips in the right place.

Here look:

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #7

SUN #115
emam
Just amazing what a few pinstripes can do isnt it!!

I know when we saw those other two campers pass by us that were just bare, it grabbed our attention instantly

Funny to see them side by side like that John

Thanks for the comparison
Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 12-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #8

SUN #78
tedontario
For those who don't know! People do not like road salt so now a lot of places put Sugar Beet Slurry down on the roads to keep water from freezing too soon. The big flaw in that plan is it leaves a very dirty oily slim all over the vehicle. I drive the big rigs at night in Ontario Canada. When they put that stuff down we go through a lot of windshield wash trying to keep the window clean. I one of the pics on this spread there is a TT in the snow which looks very black on the front I would bet it is beet slurry.
Good Luck and Happy Camping
Ted
Old 12-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #9

SUN #115
emam
Hey Ted, I'm not sure what Ohio uses on their roads, but that awful picture was taken at the bottom of Ohio after 6 hours of driving South through a winter snow storm at a very slow pace.

I just know that it was a nightmare and as soon as I got to the first state that didnt have snow on the ground and nasty roads (North Carolina) we spent about $20 at a quater car wash to bring it back up to what the first picture looks like.

Beet juice doesnt sound like it would smell to good on the roads. I have my John Deere 4100 Tractor filled with Beet Juice in the rear tires for added weight, and one time I got a leak!! OH MY GOSH did it smell bad! I couldnt even go near the tractor till I power washed the juice off!!

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com