Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-24-2006, 06:07 AM   #1

SUN #21
donreitz
If There's One Thing You Could Change

I got to thinking about this subject when talking to GoodoleBob. I've been entirely happy with my Sunline except for one minor irritation. The folding cover on the stove is useful for adding temporary workspace in the kitchen. The problem is that the rear hinge on the folding top seems flimsy and it doesn't hold the top back very well when folded up. We've had instances of the top crashing down unexpectedly when the trailer was slightly tilted away from the stove. Furthermore, it's tricky to get the hinge to release so that you can fold the top down flat on the stove. Am I the only one with this problem?

Which brings me back to the question. I"d like to change my current stove top cover for an improved version. If you could change one thing on your Sunline, what would it be?
Don

donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:49 AM   #2

SUN #19
Sunline1
Don,
I agree with you on the stove top cover issue.

The one thing I would like to change is remove the dinette, and replace it with a small drop leaf table with 2 chairs. That option was not available on "my model 2975", when I ordered it. I wish I would have asked the question back then. I discussed this with sunline. They said I could remove the seats. The problem is the seat backs are bolted to the wall from the "Outside". I was told the bolts could be hammered out from the inside.
I don't want to take a chance of damaging the siding on the outside. So I guess I'll just live with it.

Sunline1

2002 Sunline model T-2975 (large Bath)
Sunline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:28 PM   #3

SUN #21
donreitz
We purchased the 2499 model which has no dinette. Instead, there's a fold-down and extendable table between the couch and a chair. It took us awhile to decide on this floorplan, and we haven't regretted it. Of course, if you have kids traveling with you, a dinette makes perfect sense. But with just the two of us and maybe a third person once in awhile, the extendable table is more than enough. What you give up in utility you gain in elbow room. Not having a big surface to leave junk on means you have to put things away, which is okay with a neatnik like me.
Don
Old 08-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #4

SUN #6
sunny
The one thing I would change would be the size of my gray tank. I have:

Fresh tank - 24 Gallons

Gray water tank - 25 Gallons

Black water tank - 25 Gallons

I would even give up some size on the black water tank to have a larger gray water. I guess I am just more likely to take long showers than use the toilet all that much.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:46 PM   #5

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Gee I have eight or ten week to wait for our new Sunline to come in before I can fully assess it's impact on us. I do however recall thinking that the monitor panel was in an awkward spot. Maybe I'm thinking of another model though. I have to agree a bigger grey tank is always desireable for those extra nice hot showers. Sunline used what they could squeeze in I guess. Ours is a 2499 and I do believe it has the most appealing floorplan of any TT we ever checkout in two years of searching. Of course I was hung up on the quality thing too and so most TT's didn't even qualify for a second look regardless of floor plan appeal. I hope I don't get snobby over this new Sunline....I know the big grin on my face will not go away anytime soon.

GoodoleBob....

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:04 AM   #6

SUN #10
wagonman76
Higher capactity top bunk, and to make the bunk even hold the 50 lbs it is rated for without my little girl falling through the doors. But I have plans to fix both of those things. Other than that, I love the trailer.

More ground clearance would be nice, but at the same time I believe the low profile of the trailer helps it tow as nicely as it does.

1989 Sunline Saturn T-1661
wagonman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #7

SUN #49
tikibob
stovetop cover

I don't have a stovetop cover but I do have a suggestion for you (since you are thinking about replacing your cover). You may want to consider not having a cover at all. The additional counter space a cover provides can be accomplished by using a tray. I purchased a plastic serving tray with 1 inch sides (at the dollar store). This tray serves multi purposes. It can be additional counterspace. I line mine with a "chammy" cloth and use the tray as a dish drain. The "chammy" absorbs any excess water and the sides of the tray prevent any possible runoff. Our stove is located next to the door so the tray is handy to use for its main purpose...a tray. I collect dinner condiments, etc. to carry out to the picnic table. When I use the burners on the stove, I simply store the tray standing behind the stove or in the oven (which is where I store it for traveling). Forget replacing your folding cover...it doesn't serve any other purpose. Hope this helps.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:29 AM   #8

SUN #21
donreitz
A good idea tikibob. I pulled out an old tray from the closet and will give it a try. We actually used something similar in another trailer we had where counter space was nonexistant.
Don
Old 09-19-2006, 08:39 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunline 1,
You can remove the dinette, with a bit of work and being handy. I removed one, and when I traded the unit into Stoltzfus in Adamstown, Lee was suprised how nice it looked. You need to remove the dinette benches, and now for the screws thru the wall from the exterior: you can either "pull them thru the interior wall, or cut them off flush with the wall, and then put paneling on the wall. I had some beadboard ( I think thats the name of it?), and that matched up pretty well with the rest of the woodwork in the trailer. I wish I had a photo of it but I know I don't. It turned out great, and IF no one knew it wasn't factory they never knew it was aftermarket.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:54 AM   #10

SUN #62
rich2500
the one thing I would change is the seals around the compartment doors,something rubber would hold up much better then the stick on weatherstripping that is used.
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:54 AM   #11

SUN #19
Sunline1
Kitty,

Thanks for the info on the dinette removal.

I'm not the handist person around. While down south for the winter, every now and then I run into a retired carpenter. If that happens this winter, I'l see what we can do !

I'l bet it makes a big difference inside the camper with the dinette out of there. I couldn't believe the difference with the table removed. A small drop leaf table or something in it's place would be nice.

Thanks Again,
Sunline1

2002 Sunline model T-2975 (large Bath)
Sunline1 is offline   Reply With Quote