Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-27-2006, 08:24 AM   #1

SUN #25
OkieCat
I just thought of something!

As much as we all love our Sunlines we have very little to complain about and some internet forums are chock full of complaints... I guess we will need to find other things to talk about, so I am thinking of a conversation starter this morning.

Tell us about your favorite trip in your Sunline.

I'll start!

We recently spent five days in the Eureka Springs, AR area. We had a BEAUTIFUL large campsite with a stunning view. We fished in the scenic White River, went shopping in Eureka Springs, had dinner at a great little Italian place, saw the Passion Play, and had a drink at the "haunted" Crescent Hotel's balcony overlooking a stunning view of the Ozarks. It was one of the most relaxing get aways we have enjoyed in our Sunline.

Here are a few pictures from that trip.

This was the view from under our awning. The resident geese came to say "hello" and keep our dogs on their toes. LOL

Our campsite was away from everyone else except for our next door neighbors and we were together. It was well shaded and large, too!!

A nice little place to swim. We could get there via the hiking trail or in our little inflatable boat.

It was a WONDERFUL trip and we plan to go back to that park in the fall to enjoy the Ozarks' fall colors.

Why aren't my pictures working?! Darn the luck... I guess I don't understand how to post them on this message board. Perhaps they can be cut & pasted to your browser since they don't show up in the message.....

OK now it's your turn, tell us about your favorite trip!!

'04 T2499 SE
'04 Silverado
OkieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:40 AM   #2

SUN #21
donreitz
We gravitate toward remoter areas so naturally we headed for Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore on Michigan's upper peninsula this summer. Road work meant that the last 25 miles was a detour over very rough dirt roads. But hey, we had a Sunline and some rocking and rolling wasn't going to bother us.

The campground near Au Sable lighthouse is our all-time second favorite campground (after the campground in the southern unit of Canyonlands National Park in Utah). We saw only one other RV while we were there (not surprising given the roads). Mostly it was tenting families and students on summer break. Pit toilets and no services, but at $12 per day, it's a good deal. The campground sits on Lake Superior so you can walk the beach or take the trails through the forest. A 20-minute trek gets you to the lighthouse. The bones of a couple shipwrecks lie on the beach. The weather was typical UP: rain, wind, sunshine, and high humidity all in the same day. The Lakeshore's sights are all within a relatively short drive, but I'd recommend getting out of the car and taking the trails in order to really appreciate a truly beautiful part of the country.

With any luck the paved road to the Lakeshore will be finished soon. But even if it's not I wouldn't let that stop you. I have to say that our T-2499 stood up well to the beating it took. A few items got strewn about, but that was it. No creaks, no loose screws, no cracks. Everything worked fine. I mentioned this trip to an acquaintance of mine who asked why would we take such a nice camper over such rough roads. I replied that it's because we travel to places like Pictured Rocks that we have a good quality camper.
Don
donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote