Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
Home from Destin FL.

Well what to say? Last year I broke my heel and we had to back out of a trip to Henderson Beach State Park at Destin Fl. This year is all together different. We had planed on a 14 night stay, the longest allowed and ended up on the coast for 21. It was a GREAT time! The only problem is we were to leave on the 11th of May but stayed until the 14th and on the 13th we lost our TV digital converter box and AM FM radio due to a power surge in a bad storm.

We left home at 7:30pm on April 17, I hate driving that late but the weather was pretty bad so we waited until the wind died down! Made Ottawa Metro Park at Lima OH at 12:30am. Left there in the morning went to Elizabethtown KY then to Montgomery AL. Four nights there while the storms raged to the north and south. We were very sad for all those who were stuck in the tornadoes and rain storms.

Our time coming home was uneventful and the camping was good. We really like Ottawa Metro Park as it is just a nice distance from home about three hours and the cost is only 15.00 dollars. Nice level paved sites with water and electric. Made it home in four days which is not bad for 1000 miles.

We hope to do it again next year depending on availability of sites and money for gas. So nice to get up in the morning and just take time to walk in the water and enjoy the people and the ease of life. We are not promised anything so just take it one day at a time! Once we are there the cost is very easy. Has anyone had experience with the 30 amp surge protectors?

Hope everyone out there has equally great time on the roads of the USA and Canada. Drive with care everywhere.

Ted

tedontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Ted

Sounds like you had a great time. Super!!

The surge guards, we have this one http://surgeguard.com/index.html

Only issue is the length, I shortened the plug on the bottom to get it up higher. Like this

Again this may be an Ohio power post problem but they could of made it up higher in the 1st place.

There is another brand out there as well that is rated as good and is shorter. I'll see if I can find it. I know some here on the forum have them and I didn't know about them until after I bought mine. I may have bought it instead if I knew

Mine works well and no problems other then the cord length

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote