Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #1

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Hey QUE-ts!

So my hubby and I are pretty sure that we want a Que. I am worried about a few things though, and thought you all could help me:

1. I am concerned about my hubby and the shower. Do you two find that it is 'too' small? 24 inches does not seem very deep to me.

2. What about the size of the holding tanks? We do not dry camp very often, but I am worried that the 13 gallon septic system is too small.

3. Do you wish you had gotten something bigger?

4. Is pulling the bed out every day a pain?

5. I like the Side Entry, Drew likes the Rear Entry, any thoughts?

Thank you so much for answering these.
Kathryn

Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
Hi Kathryn. We just got our QUE right before Christmas so we haven't used it. We have had 2 other Sunlines though, so I have the perspective of having owned a 16' and a 24' in the past. We wanted a trailer under 3000 pounds and didn't want a hybrid. One of the reasons we bought the QUE is that the shower is so much larger than what you get in most 17' trailers. It's a full size RV shower just like you'd find in many larger RVs. The holding tanks are also a standard size. The black water will last a very long time at 13 gallons since it's only holding toilet water. RV toilets use much less water to flush than the one in your house. If your gray water fills up you can drain it into one of those blue totes from WalMart & cart that to the dumping station. But again...the gray tank on the QUE is a pretty standard size. If we had a big truck we would have gotten the 2363, but we only have a Chevy TrailBlazer and didn't want to spend the money to upgrade that. There are only 2 of us and we're pretty easy to please, so I think we'll be fine with the QUE for many years. If we ever start spending months at a time in a trailer I think we'll go larger. I see our QUE as a unit that we'll take out for a month at the most. Right now the longest trip we have planned is for 2 weeks. I KNOW for sure that isn't a problem because we spent almost 2 weeks in a popup last year
The bed could be an issue. I don't know yet. That's my only concern. I made a custom mattress cover out of a king sized one, then bought a double sleeping bag that is lined with sheets. I think that'll make it pretty easy to deal with. As for the SE vs. RE we have kind of a funny story about that
We were supposed to pick up the RE on a saturday. I am a little claustophobic and thursday night had all these dreams about being trapped in my QUE RE because something was blocking that narrow isle out. I called Lee at Stoltzfus on Friday morning in a panic to see if he still had the SE, and if so could we switch to the SE, which he happily did for us. Obviously I like the open feel of the SE. The other thing that we're so glad that we got the SE for is the amount of outside storage. There's just alot of stuff that we keep in those compartments that it's not really appropriate to keep inside - outdoor rug, hoses, camp chairs, RVQ, firewood etc. Good luck with your decision and keep us posted on what you decide !

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #3

SUN #180
schaller56
tinybluetj,
One thing we didn't care for on the RE was no awning in the rear and if sprinkling or raining you would have to go out the rear to get to the side awning, another thing is a lot of times when towing you get a lot of road grime on the rear of a TT especially when raining out, so for those reasons we went with the SE, and it is true there is a added storage compartment on the rear of the SE, We've had ours a little over a year now and are glad we went with the SE.
Dave
2005 Winnebago Sightseer 29'
schaller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #4

SUN #182
AprilWhine
About the shower, we had an older Class A, the shower in our Que is at least the same size. I think it's bigger.