Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-19-2016, 06:41 AM   #1

SUN #8170
Chophead69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help please

Hi everyone, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but ......

I want to replace the door lock/handle on one of my entry doors. Using the key provide by the camper sales lot the one door is very hard to unlock.

Also I know the red switch in the galley is for the hot water heater but what is the red switch next to the bathroom door? It only lights red when turned on.

Also has anyone found a good source for new decals and stripes? Maybe someone had them remade by a graphics place? Like where they do car wraps? I would like to replace the weather beaten ones I have. It's the only thing it needs to look new. I also am not really concerned with the years, I just want a fresh look.

Oh my sunline is a 1998 T-2573. And thank you for any help everyone!

Old 03-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #2

SUN #5443
krazedave is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome. Before replacing your door handle I would try spraying WD40 or silicone into the key hole. It might just need lubed. The red light switch is just a reminder that the light is turned on.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #3

SUN #8170
So the switch by the door with the red light is just a reminder thing? Ok kool. Honestly I didn't try to see if it turned on the light because I was worried it went to the hot water heater.

The water heater using propane is turned on by the switch in the galley how is the electric turned on? By the breaker in the fuse panel? I didn't want to turn it on because it's still winterized and I wanted to make sure we won't get hit with a freak freezing spell.

Anyway I got the fridge working on both electric and propane so I am happy that works. Tonight I think we will spend the night and try the heater. Atleast if something happens we can just walk in the house. I want to try everything before next weekend because I think we are taking our 1st trip.

Also can anyone tell me about tire pressure? Thanks
Old 03-19-2016, 12:20 PM   #4

SUN #5443
krazedave is an unknown quantity at this point
If your water heater is gas and electric it should have the electric switch next to the gas switch. I would go ahead and check to see if there is a breaker in the converter marked water heater. Just to be sure. If electric to a water heater is turned on with a empty tank the element will burn out. Sorry I can't be of help with the decals.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #5

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
On a 1998 model, the switch for electric hot water might be on the water heater itself, along with a breaker in the breaker box as well. Ditto in not using hot water heater without water in it.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:26 PM   #6

SUN #8170
There is a breaker marked waterheater. I will have to check the sunny tomorrow to see about the electric switch next to the red light gas switch. But I know I checked the fuse/breaker to make sure the w/h was turned off there.

Years ago I had my grandmother's 1973 harley 350ss sprint given to me. It was her motorcycle she learned on. It had 1,478 miles on it. Because she learned quickly and brought a flh. Well her bike sat untouched for 22yrs so when I got it I realized it was built the same month and yr I was born. I remember riding on the gas tank as a young boy going from Philly to D.C.
I got her running and then tore her apart for a resto/mod. Well the moral of this history lesson is the gas tanks decals were not that great. And since the whole bike was redone my way I had to redo the tank. So I did a silver then a gold candy then a red/gold metalic candy. I had a sign/graphic shop remake the decals,stripes and a friend gold leafed the words for granny. Then 26 coats of clear that was scuffed in between every 3 coats. It's the best part of the whole bike. Anyway that shops closed but I will start looking for another one to help me with the decals.

I did see some one ebay. And I also saw on here where a member redid the front window cover with white vinyl and new decals. Very nice.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #7

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Grandma sounds like she was quite a daredevil! She perched you on the gas tank, on a long trip? Woooeeeee!

Tire pressure should be 50 psi cold. Check the tag on the camper and the tire sidewall to be sure.
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #8

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophead69 View Post
... but what is the red switch next to the bathroom door? It only lights red when turned on. ...
As said earlier, it is for the bathroom lights over the sink. You have to turn those light switches on too. Drives me crazy when I forget to turn on the light switch over the sink and wonder why the one next to the door doesn't work.

Another one that will get you is the inside light over the entrance. There are 2 switches inside next to the door. One for the outside light and 1 for the inside light. BOTH the wall switch and the overhead light switch need to be on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophead69 View Post
.... I will have to check the sunny tomorrow to see about the electric switch next to the red light gas switch. ....
The second switch (in the kitchen) is for the water pump.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:28 AM   #9

SUN #8170
Yes grandmother was awesome. And every broken bone I have is her fault for getting me into motorcycles. I have many kool bikes but hers is my favorite. My son's turning 13 and we are building him a chopper for his 16th birthday. He had been riding with me since he was 3. My daughter since 3. I figured out about the outside light and the water pump switch already but thank you guys. And thanks also for the tire pressure I will make sure to set them.
I still have to go threw everything like the water heater and see if it all works but so far all the lights work and the fridge on electricity does. But I brought a cover off craigslist and covered it today. Mostly to see if it fit. I will pull the cover off on Wednesday and test the rest of the systems because on Friday we are going to Delaware on our 1st trip.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:03 AM   #10

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
"My son's turning 13 and we are building him a chopper for his 16th birthday."

A chopper for his 16th birthday, I would've thought I'd gone to Heaven to have a gift like that when I was 16!

Photos of G'ma's bike?

About the cover, I think you said it was larger than it needs to be. Make sure to tighten it up all around to minimize scuffing of the paint which can happen when the wind blows it around.
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #11

SUN #8170
Told both kids they each get a bike and a car. Crappy car or nice bike or nice car crappy bike.
My son has been riding since he was 3 and my daughter started at 4. The chop we are building him started as mine but as time went on I realized the only way I was going to keep him off my chop was by building him one lol. Plus guys think about this ...... how many birthdays,xmass,easter and whatever gifts we buy that end up trashed or kicked aside? Well when I started this build he understood that every gift from now on has to do with the bike. Plus he even spends his money into it. And since we have a machine shop he can make (or I can lol) whatever he wants for it that we can't afford.

This is a family build to so everyone is involved and honestly his bike will have more custom and hand made parts then mine. Figure I been riding the same chop for 20yrz now and I have learned alot in that time frame I didn't know then. What I find kool is how he wants the ol school look and not the big tire you seek all the time.

He has a quad he brought with his own money and a dirt bike he paid most of the cash for so if he wants something he has ti save. The plan is to find a dual sport bike for him to ride and the chop goes out when we ride together only! And when he is 18 then it's all on him. Full coverage ins and all lol.

We are also lookin at 6cylinder mustangs now since I find nice but wrecked ones for under a grand and he and I can rebuild it. But at 16 he will get my Plymouth acclaim. Lol great gas and hard to kill. He thought he was getting the 82 cutlass but no no no. That's my baby. We aren't rich, but I buy and sell and look for the best deals in everything I get so putting the cash into the things we enjoy is what we do.

My family never gave me a thing so I make sure I am in a position to do better by my kids then what was done to me. Plus my son is high honor roll with a 3.9 gpa. And plays sports yr round so as longs as he is respectful, polite and earns I will do everything I can to help him.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:41 PM   #12

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
As for the decals and stripes,we did ours last year. The guy who did it can provide info if you want a decal. http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...als-16559.html

2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote