Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #1

SUN #3230
hardware is an unknown quantity at this point
Help, need shipping a 10.5 ft across county

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a 10.5 foot Sunline.

The only problem is that I live next to Cleveland Ohio and the trailer is in the Spokane Washington area.

Does anyone know of a cheap or rather reasonable way of shipping the trailer?

Shipping company names would be great.

I was thinking rail train might be the cheapest?

Any input would be great!

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Geoff

Old 03-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
I once used a company called haulmatch.com. They didn't have the most spectacular customer service, but they contract with private towing companies all around the country to see who can do it. In my case, the people at the private towing company were very helpful and good with communication.

To haul a car, which would be bigger than that trailer, was about $400 from Indianapolis to Ann Arbor, MI. The tow company then would get a good portion of that, but I'm not sure how much.

I suppose you could try to contact a private towing company like I used. They have like a semi tractor and a wedge trailer that they drive things up onto, usually up to three cars.

The place I used was actually out of Ohio, but not near Cleveland. It was Maberry Transport. Their info is as follows:

MABERRY TRANSPORT
14260 FRUEND ROAD
DELPHOS, OH 45833
419-296-0873

I have no affiliation with them except I'm a one time customer that had a good experience. I was transporting a vehicle from an insurance auction to my house, and I had a hard time getting answers because of the company not being used to working with private people buying (vs. salvage yards).

I'd contact them first before you were to see about Haulmatch. If Maberry can't do it, maybe they know of someone going that way who could. Should be cheaper going that route than haulmatch.

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #3

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Just about any thing would tow that wonder how you could get in touch with some one coming your way that could tow it for you. I know there are sites that match people to drive cars cross country. Craig's list?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #4

SUN #151
campin'dude
Try www.uship.com... I used that site when we bought our 2007 Sunline Solaris from Butler RV in Butler, PA. I got lots of bids and ended up haggling with a hauler to get it delivered to our house in Southern Maryland (approx 325 miles) for $350.

Work sucks, let's go camping!
campin'dude is offline   Reply With Quote