Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #1

SUN #660
rmstack
HD TV

Has anyone installed a new flat screen HD TV in their Sunline 2753?

What kind of bracket did you use and did you install in on the wall beside the TV OH Cab?

It looks like it would not work too well to install it on the front of the OH TV Cab as it would prohibit the cabinet door to open. I have thought about installing the bracket on the side of the OH cab but not too thrilled about it. The wall looks to be the apropriate place but where are the stud?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich

Old 08-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #2

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
Here are some threads from here on the board regarding mounting a flat panel. Specifics vary from the model to model.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...&highlight=lcd

I hope you can get a good start from there, happy browsing.
Take care,
Jason

https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/Lodeline.jpg
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #3

SUN #660
rmstack
Jason,

Thanks- I will check it out!

Rich
Old 08-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #4

SUN #660
rmstack
After checking all of the threads that Jason sent, I saw no solution for my 2753 TT.

Is there anyone out there with a 2753 that has installed a flat screen HDTV either in the TV OH Cabinet or on or beside it?

Thanks,
Rich
Old 09-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #5

SUN #128
Tweety
We are struggling with this as well. We find the location above the dinette to be too far away from the living room area. With it on the flip table, only 1 person can watch it by laying on the sofa. If you're watching something long like a movie I suppose you could pull the swivel chair around, but that's not really practical. Steve may end up installing a plug and cable outlet so that we can sit a TV on the pantry, but we haven't really decided. I use the top of the pantry constantly for counter space and other purposes and don't know if I want to give that up.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #6

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Small but flexible

We have a small rig but our solution may be of interest. We typically have our LCD TV mounted on the shelf at the end of our bed (gaucho couch). We added a plywood rim to the shelf so the TV leans against the window and the additional rim that extends about an inch above the edge of the shelf.

As well the TV can mount on the storage cabinet (former bunk bed) above the Gaucho couch facing towards the dinette allowing it to be seen from the dinette and one side of the bed. I simply put a couple of hefty screws in the front of the cabinet, one to hang the TV from and a second that creates the viewing angle.

Note we leave the bed setup all the time.

The cables for the TV are long enough to reach both locations.

We have also added a satellite dish to the roof of the camper at the spot designed for an antenna.

Norm Milliard
1982 Sunline 15.5 SB
2004 Honda CRV
Old 09-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #7

SUN #660
rmstack
I did install a 17 Sharp LCD HDTV in the bedroom area with a flat screen mount near the flip up TV table which works quite well. I just take it down when I travel. Part of the mount is on the wall and the TV part of the mount slides into the wall mount so it is easy to install and remove.

But the OH TV Cabinet over the dinette area is just too far from the living room area in the 2753 to be watching a 14 in. TV which will be outdated next February unless one has cable or satellite. So the 17 in. HDTV or larger (up to 22 in.) would be perfect, but it won't fit in the cabinet, and I have not yet come up with a solution or flat screen mount that will work.

Too bad that the factory is not around yet to help solve this particular problem as I know Sunline did install falt screens in some units.

Still looking for suggestions.

Rich