Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #1

SUN #57
Richard
Giving up on the 2499

Well I'm ready to part company with my sunline after close to 4 years. About 18 months after I purchased it, I noticed some dampness in the carpet along the rear wall. This only occured after heavy rain. Of course by this time Sunline had closed its doors and warranty work was not an option, so my local rv tech determined that the water heater was improperly installed, allowing water to seep in. That problem was corrected when a short time later I noticed dampness in the corner behind swivel rocker. I have been back and forth to the repair shop at least four times and I'm giving up.
These two problems along with others pertaining to the 2499, such as header plate buckling, crack in sheet metal above doorway, fender skirts made of inferior material all lead me to believe that Sunline quality is not at the level that I once perceived it to be. The interior still has a quality homey feel that originally attracted us to Sunline,however I made the decision to go with a trailer with modern construction methods and materials and no wood to rot.
If any one knows of someone interested in a sunline with an issue, I would be willing to sell it two thousand dollars below book value. Everything works on the trailer and it shows very clean, no smoke or pets.
Thanks for allowing me to vent.
Richard

Old 12-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Richard

Sorry to hear of your problems. We can sense your frustration.

Wish you the best of luck with a resolution however it comes out. If is has been back to a dealer 4 times and the problem still prevails, sounds like they may not be that experienced in repairing that type of problem. A different dealer or a private RV repair place that tailors to customer service may help. Often times the smaller repair shop that works on all kinds of brands can help better then the big guys.

If you want to have another go at it and search your self for the root cause of the problem, feel free to post pics here on SOC and we can help point you where to go looking. Water leaks can be baffling at times as the source is no where near the site of the puddle.

Good luck

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote